Chapter 26

Zivah's POV

Time is known to heal all the wounds,
And it would - only if it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed,
With permanent scars, they have been sealed.

Locked inside is all the pain,

Which can not be washed away by even the heaviest rain?
If only you could feel how much it hurts,
Yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.

The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart,
And pricks it every second till tears apart.
Like the flower whose petals have died,
All I feel is the emptiness inside.

Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood,
You are not to be blamed for this flood.
I'm letting you go even though you were never mine,
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

A drop of tear fell on the page on the page of my diary. I wiped it instantly carefully so it won't mess with ink. I sniffed and wiped my nose and eyes with tissues.

It's been a week already and still, I am the same. I thought this will be healed with time but it's been just getting worse by day. I looked out of the balcony up in the sky as the raindrops fell on the ground. I let out a deep sigh wiping my nose.

It's been one hell of a week. I met Vihaan just once which didn't end up well as I was angry. So angry on Ved for leaving me alone here that I took it out on him. I called him the other day when I was a little sober and apologized for my immature behavior. He said it was not a big deal and offered me to meet again but I said I need some time to clear my head before I face him again. He readily agreed to it as he anyway doesn't have other options to go with.

In the meantime, I got another email from my very own dad but this time there was an improvement as I got my manager, Mrs. Miller, also addressing my absence. I just replied to it with a short text about me joining right from next week as soon as I land in New York on Monday morning.

Alizeh and Ahil keep giving me concerned looks all day and night which has kind of started pissing me off but more than that the advice about how it is going to be fine irritates me the most. But I don't want to hurt them so I just keep quiet. Dadu and Dadi do every attempt of cracking a lame joke and it works as well but until I remember that jackass again.

As for Chachu and Chachi, well I don't know if they know anything about my miserable state or not but they start some random conversation about going on a family vacation once in a while. That thought is horrifying than my current state so I just ignore it right away. Rather than that they keep eating Ali's head with their never-ending marriage questions which at last pisses her off making her walk out of the room with them calling her name loudly but she is 26 now so she has started rebelling as well. I am getting there too.

I didn't meet any of the boys or Renee. I knew Kunal had given his report to everyone when I saw worried faces when they all video called me but the mood changed drastically when they went to 180 degrees from being worried to being funniest. They called a few more times to cheer me up with their funny banters. They didn't mention Ved nor they said any wise words. They just talked about random stuff and pulled each other's leg. I laughed wholeheartedly throughout the call. It made me happy to think they care for me. So all of these relations I made here are not fake after all. I share a genuine bond with them.

I have my flight in the next two days and I need to talk to Vihaan before that. He booked the tickets for both us to go back as per his message I got yesterday. I knew I won't be making any efforts of flying out of this country on my own so it's good that he did it.