Chapter 34

Zivah's POV

I reached at Parth's house a little late as my dear Vandy kept bugging me with her everlasting questions. I gave up finally and asked Ali for help with a pout. She did roll her eyes but came to my rescue right away. What am I gonna do without her? I mean, of course, nothing would change but when I will visit Delhi the next time, she will be somewhere else. In some different parts of the same city with her second family and then we would make appointments to see each other.

I shrugged the thoughts away when I saw the door a little open already. I felt anxious. No matter how much I knew these people it still won't change the fact that I am meeting them after two long years. Besides, everything is changed now so I am not sure how they will react after seeing me. That thought made me nervous as hell. But regardless, I pushed the door a little and made my way inside. I could hear sounds of people talking making my heart rate raise a bit.

I took a deep breath as I reached the living room and I froze seeing everyone right in front of me again. All the eyes moved on me as soon as they spotted me standing there being conscious.

Parth was sitting on the couch along with Laksh to his side. Rupath was sitting opposite him with Renee on his side and Kunal was standing there with some serious expressions. I didn't see Randhir anywhere around. I didn't move as if I got glued to the position.

Surprisingly enough they all gave their genuine smiles as soon making me feel at ease. Renee got up from her seat followed by Rupath, Parth, and Laksh. Kunal made his way towards me as well. All of them with smiles.

I smiled wholeheartedly looking at them.

"Wow, Zee. I am totally in love with your new look." Renee said hugging me tightly. I smiled widely in her embrace.

"Thanks," I said as we pulled away.

"Well, I have to agree with that. You look wow." Rupath said with a full smile making me blush a little. Others just smiled away.

"I will have something additional and say you look hot," Kunal said hugging me from the side and making me chuckle.

Laksh came and hugged me tightly as well, "Thanks for coming. And yup I am in love with these sexy hairs." He said. I let out a laugh hearing him.

"It's good to see you finally," I said moving at Parth who gave me his full smile with a nod.

"Me too." He said and hugged me.

"I am sorry again, it took me so long," I said pulling away and making a guilty face.

"Don't bother, Zee. You are here that's what matters." Parth said in an understanding tone, still smiling at me.

"Yeah but still," I said shaking my head a little.

"You don't have to feel bad, Zivah." I heard Rupath as I looked back at him.

"I mean you still knew us for just two months and you still came running all your work behind when you got to know about us." He said with a smile.

"The people we thought of closest didn't bother to even ask about us." He said further. I could hear the sarcasm in his tone. Everyone else stayed quite.

"Huh?" I said absent-mindedly not knowing who is he pointing at.

"I guess, Parth. I called you countless times." I heard the familiar voice as my breaths got hitched in my throat. I looked to the sides to see Ved standing close to the staircase. He might have been upstairs all this time I suppose. I kept staring at him dumbfoundedly. Never in my wildest dreams, I thought Ved to be here. I almost gave up on any chance of seeing him again. But this... This took me by surprise.