Chapter 18

Zivah's POV

It's been a week. A freaking week and I still hear nothing from Ved. Now my insecurities have turned into worries. I don't care if he is ignoring me but I just want to know if he is fine.

I stood anxiously at Parth's door after knocking it for 4-5 times. Some guy opened the door as I barged in leaving him in confusion. It was still way too early in the morning but I didn't care.

Parth came almost running downstairs. I could tell he was right out of his bed.

"Zivah?" He said being shocked as he came forward, "What's wrong?"

"I couldn't reach Ved," I said with worrying expressions. I could even cry at the moment but I somehow managed not to.

"What's wrong? Who was that?" Laksh shouted from upstairs coming at the edge of the staircase.

I looked at him with a pout on my face. Parth let out a sigh looking relieved now.

"Sit here." He said.

"What's wrong, Zivah?" Laksh asked being worried. He made his way downstairs as he wore his t-shirt.

"She couldn't reach Ved," Parth said looking calm now, "That's why she is worried."

Laksh looked at us and then shook his head in disappointment.

"You scared the shit out of me," he said letting out a sigh and got seated on the couch, "Damn girl."

"Come here," Parth said pulling me by holding my arm. I followed him up to the couch, "Have a seat."

"But... Ved..." I said but he stopped me and gestured to sit.

"Ved is fine." He said calmly. I took a seat next to Laksh and Parth got seated adjacent to me.

"How do you know?" I asked frowning at him. Thought about him calling Parth and others but not me crossed my mind and before I could say anything yet again Laksh beat me to it.

"Will you calm down?" Laksh asked looking at me. My frown deepened looking at Laksh.

"It's his routine," Parth said, "He just picks up his bag and leaves."

The same guy who opened the door came towards us. We all moved our gaze at him.

"Should I bring tea and coffee?" He asked.

Parth nodded and looked at me, "Tea or Coffee?"

"Tea," I said still frowning. Parth chuckled and looked back at the guy who gave us a small smile and left.

"He then shows up after a few days, sometimes weeks and other times months." Parth finished and looked back at me. Okay... I don't want this to last until months. I want him to be back as soon as possible. I terribly miss him. 

"He calls rarely," Laksh said shrugging his shoulders.

"That's insane!" I said not believing what I was being told.

"What about Rupath?" I asked again with a hope that at least he would know.

Parth and Laksh looked at each other for a brief moment before looking back at me.

"Doesn't he tell him?" I asked again as they didn't speak anything.

"Usually no," Parth said sitting comfortably in his seat.

"What?" I asked blinking my eyes.

"Look even I found this thing... At start like..." Parth tried to explain but was short of words I suppose. So he left it there and started another sentence instead. "I even asked Rupath countless times about his whereabouts," he said further, "But Rupath was chilled out."