VED

Her hazel brown eyes twinkled with shine as she looked up in the sky at the falling rain. An unknowing smile formed on her lips. She extended her hand to feel them with water and looked back at me with the same shine and twinkle in her eyes as she laughed wholeheartedly. I smiled along involuntarily looking back at her. 

I thought she will be mad when I woke up and was greeted by the heavy rainfall on the second consecutive day of our short trip to Meghalaya. But here is she, drinking her hot Chai along with Pakoras and sitting in this small shade. This is the thing I love the most about this woman in my life. She knows how to enjoy even the smallest thing in her life. She always just craved, for one thing, love. 

She was happy when she heard that we won't be getting network here until we are out of this small village, beside the electricity was on and off but that didn't bother her for once. She was happiest being in nature. The last time I saw her this happy was when she told me about cracking the deal in London then when when she got admitted to masters, when her book got published, and gained immense praise and lastly at our wedding.

We have been on the wandering spree for the last couple of weeks. We first visited Sikkim and stayed there for more than a week then we took our time to enjoy the places in between until we ended in Shillong which is the capital of Meghalaya. We then made our way to Cherapunji after staying at Shillong for a day. It is a small village so we went for a homestay here considering there aren't hotels around and have been stuck here for two days because of this heavy rainfall.

Meghalaya, the wettest place in the world, is a hilly station in the northeast and is also known as 'The adobe of clouds'. It is most easily accessible of the Seven sister states of North East India. Pixie rainforests, living root bridges, commanding vistas with roaring high waterfalls, mountain drives under dramatic clouds, spotless villages, mysterious natural caves, crystal clear rivers, bright blue natural pools, and the ridiculously friendly people, that's how you would define Meghalaya.

During the British rule of India, it was called as 'Scotland of the East'. Sorry to dive into deep but my wanderer soul and job just makes me go into the deep of every place I visit. I love exploring different places by going into a deeper history and learning about their culture.

Anyway, so Meghalaya is our last destination and later we will be off to Delhi again from where I need to catch a flight to Chile right away and she would be staying in Delhi for longer at my place as she has said specifically. Sorry, our home now. I was happy to let go of this offer and was ready to stay back for at least a few months with her but she convinced me that I shouldn't waste any opportunity until I'm getting one because we don't know what comes following it so we should grab it and make the most from it. I still fought for sometime but it's Zivah Chandra and you just can't win any argument with her. Well, at least not me. So I called Mark and told him that I will be joining the team. He was happiest to hear the same.

I looked at Zivah who was on bickering spree but thankfully this time it was the old lady who owned this small place where we stayed. The people are sweet as sugar here and we got along with them in no time. I smiled a little when a little girl threw sprinkles of water on Zivah making her laugh hysterically. I shook my head looking at that innocent soul. The thing about her I love the most. She is transparent. She shows what she feels. There is no other side to it.

It still makes me smile a little when I look back at the crazy journey we had. I never thought I will love someone else this crazily after what Mira did with me but I am glad Zivah found me and kept on holding onto me. She always says that I have saved her but in reality, she has saved me. I was in my deepest shit trying to hold on my life when I met her.

She still keeps on asking me why did I stop to help her on the highway and I keep giving her the same reason as always. But in reality, I don't know. I just felt I should help her and I am glad I did. She was that drug I couldn't resist and I wanted more of her every time I met her. She had something in her which kept me drawing towards her. I knew what I was doing might hurt her and me in the process but I still wanted her with me. I became selfish not bothering anyone.