Chapter 38

Zivah's POV

I shut the car door behind me as I got seated into the driver's seat. I took some time out to see Parth as he was not sounding good when he called Ved last night. He was panicking but didn't reveal the reason for making us worry.

I suggested we should go and meet him as soon as we touched Delhi but Ved said we should meet him today as it was late already. I talked to Renee when I got home as she was already with Ali for selecting the dress designs and makeup stuff. She said she has no idea as Rupath or Parth didn't contact her.

She left late at night and I haven't spoken to anyone since then as I thought I will directly just meet them. Ali sounded concerned. She asked me to stay with them until I feel everything is fine and that I shouldn't hurry to get back home. I gave her a genuine smile.

I saw Vihaan helping Tara along with something as she was laughing at his jokes. Since when Vihaan got funny? Anyway, so I didn't disturb him with the things of my life. He has nothing much to do with any of them, neither he knows them. So it's better to keep him out of this and let him enjoy his own life.

The loud vibration of my phone jerked me off from my thoughts. I turn the Bluetooth on and hit the answer button.

"You called?" Ved asked as soon as I picked up.

"Yes, I going at Parth's house," I said making my way out of the gates.

"Okay, I'm leaving too. I'll reach in some half an hour." Ved said. He seemed to be in a rush moving around.

"Alright," I said. He was doing something as he didn't bother to talk further neither cut the call.

"What happened?" I asked again as my eyes were set in the road and traffic.

"I don't know. He just said that he couldn't reach Laksh." Ved said.

"What?" I asked as a fear passed through me. I almost banged into the front car when it stopped at the signal but somehow managed to pull the breaks in time.

"Yup. I swear I'll punch that guy if he comes in front of me." Ved said again and I could feel the anger in his voice. I let out a sigh.

"Ved, just calm down," I said making an attempt to calm him down.

"I can't. He is just adding unnecessary drama. Shouldn't we all focus on Parth and his health?" He said making his voice louder. There was still so much anger, frustration, and annoyance in his voice.

"I understand but there must be something, right? He won't just go away like that." I said again and started driving when the signal turned green. Ved didn't say something for some time and I heard the sound of the door banging followed with keys.

"You don't know, Zivah. He has always been like that. The point Laksh sees something going against him, he starts playing the victim." He said with annoyance yet again. I didn't say anything and made a turn looking carefully in the mirror.

"Attention seeker. Always trying hard to grab the sympathy of people by acting like this. Always." He said again.

"Ved..." I said in a calming voice. He didn't say anything.

"Listen to me. Parth is already restless, right? You said that he sounded panicking." I said in understanding voice in a hope that he will calm down a bit.

"Yes." He said in a low voice. There was banging sound so I think he is inside his car.

"Then we should be there for him and be understanding. He loves Laksh and he is worried, not knowing where he went." I said making him understand the situation.