Electric Surprises (one-shot)

i love how my first one-shot for S7 isn't even "hey let's welcome in the returning hermits!" nah it's just "mAGIK"

(warning: mild gore/smol blood description, also drowning/suffocation description)

   ~*~

Humming quietly to himself, Impulse was sat peacefully next to his crafting table with a fresh stone sword in his hands. It still felt so strange to feel so vulnerable to, well, everything!

A blur of light blue suddenly whizzed past him and he yelped as it sliced open a bit of his arm, letting a thin trickle of blood spill out and pain to flare through him.

"What the-?" Impulse shot up, sword clenched in his fist, and looked around. "Where's that drowned?" he muttered to himself, seeing nothing but the deep blue sea.

Heart still pounding from the shock, he moved numbly over to the water. A chill ran through him as the frigid ocean washed over his skin, but continued downwards with short movements. Impulse quickly whipped out his stone pick, the specks of sand instantly washing away in the waves, and started to mine at the sandstone.

The stone slowly unveiled some wood and he swam forward, jamming himself between a staircase and some dirt to mine out another block. His lungs started to burn desperately for air so he reached out an arm to start paddling upwards.

Nothing.

He tried to paddle forwards but once again, he didn't budge. Panic clawed at him and Impulse looked down to see what was stopping him. His dark eyes widened when seeing that his leg was heavily glitching out and was half-way through the staircase.

No no no no! he thought, trying desperately to dig his way out. Electricity suddenly sparked around and he gasped, choking on the salty water that flooded his throat. More bolts of lightning crackled around him but he could barely focus on anything as his eyes blurred and his lungs tightened from their need of air.

A red haze soon filled his vision, followed by a gasp as he woke up back on the tiny starting island with a little sign and chest to greet him.

"Doc don't you dare!" BDubs yelled, seeing the scaley hybrid creep up behind him. "This is mine!" He swiped at the gurgling drowned in front of him, yelping as it's razor-sharp trident scraped at his skin.

"Alright, alright, it's yours," Doc replied, taking a step back. A smug grin spread across his face as BDubs got swiped at again.

"No I don't want it!" BDubs protested. He hastily brought up his sword to block the trident, only to stumble on the sand and have the trident pierced straight through his torso. He instantly vanished into a puff of white smoke and items scattered everywhere, making small waves in the water as the drowned looked up expectantly at Doc.

It grabbed the trident once more and chucked it at Doc, gurgling and bobbing up and down. Doc, not having time to properly react, brought up his arms to shield his face despite the stone sword gripped in his hand.

Blue bolts of electricity crackled from his hands and then burst outwards, knocking the trident back into the drowned's hand. Doc slowly brought down his arms, eye wide with shock, and just numbly finished off the drowned, too stunned to say anything.

What the fuck? was all he could think at the moment.

   ~*~

mmmmmm i might do more stuff on hermit powers but all we gots Impulse and Doc for now

side note: i was watching Doc's ep 1 of S7 and i swear to god this man makes me want to yell whenever i watch him (sir you say you're going to achieve so much and yet you have a fucking donkey on a lead in the water)