Aim For Arrival (one-shot/AU)

this title makes no sense but tbh it's better than "kid krafted" ;-;

   ~*~

The stars traced out her path as she swung from vine-to-vine, a flashlight held between her teeth to shakily light up her way. She desperately needed sand but unfortunately the jungle had barely any so Scar had politely offered to trade with her.

"Scarrr!" she called, landing squarely on her feet and skidding to a halt. "I'm here!" Silence echoed back to her, the only sounds being the chilling breeze that rustled the leaves.

"Hello!" a voice called back after a moment. Stress frowned and stepped towards the voice. It didn't sound anything close to Scar's voice, but rather like a girl pretending to deepen her voice.

"Scar? Is that you?" she asked, walking over. Something shuffled from behind the snail and an arm stuck out, waving at her.

"Yeah it's me!" the person replied, their voice breaking into a high pitch at the end. "Who else would I be? Herobrine?"

Scar would never talk like this, Stress thought. She swiftly jumped to the side of snail and she heard footsteps quickly shuffle away from her. A flash of white hair flicked past the snail before hiding back on the other side. I'm never going to get anywhere, she sighed just before a thought struck her.

"Alright then. If you're Scar then what's my name?" the brunette asked, pressing her back to the wood.

It was quiet and she could hear faint mumbling on the other side, definitely from a girl. Suddenly a blur of black and white rushed past Stress, skimming past her arm. "Hey!" Stress yelped, spinning around and stumbling after them. "Get back here!"

Scar was confused when he heard Stress yelling after something. "Stress?" he yelled, adjusting the crystals under his arms. "I'm he-!"

A small force suddenly crashed into him and he yelped, falling to the ground and dropping his crystals. In the faint moonlight, he could see a figure stumbling to their feet next to him. They had long dark hair, the bottom half and a streak in the front dyed white and goggles like False's on their head.

Stress sprinted after the noise and struck her arm, making the vine curled around it lash out and grab the person. Thorns stuck into their arm and they whimpered in pain, digging their nails into the vine in a weak attempt to free themselves.

"Let me go!" the girl yelled, struggling in Stress' grip. Stress approached her calmly and kneeled down, now looking up at her.

"Calm down," Stress murmured, letting the thorns on the vine retract into it. "We're not going to hurt you. I promise."

"That's what everyone says!" she retorted, glaring at Stress indignantly. "The mods always say that's what kidnappers say! So I don't believe you!"

Scar muttered under his breath and trudged to his feet, scratching at his beard. "How're you even here?" he asked, bending down to pick up his crystals and shove them into his pockets. "This is a whitelisted server."

The girl switched her gaze to stare at Scar with burning red eyes, pouting. "I just spawned, why should I know why I'm here?! Isn't there a mod or someone you can ask?"

Stress glanced at Scar, who was stuffing the last of the crystals into his pocket, and leaned in to whisper to him. "I guess we could ask X," she whispered.

"I can hear you!" the girl said, crossing her arms and ducking her head. Stress quickly realized that she wasn't shaking from anger but rather from the cold, which is probably why she crossed her arms as to retain more body heat.

"Hey, are you cold?" Scar seemed to notice her shivering as well and kneeled next to her, tilting his head slightly. "I can give you my robe if you want."

She stared at him for a moment before shaking her head. "No, I don't want you to be cold," she muttered as shiver ran down her spine. "Why would you offer me your jacket? Aren't you just going to kidnap me now?"

"Of course not!" Stress felt kinda bad now, looking at the shivering girl. She had a cold stare that revealed nothing but some frustration, and she was hopping from foot-to-foot in an attempt to keep warm. She looked around eight, maybe nine.

Scar shifted and took his robe off, gesturing it towards her. "You should seriously take it," he offered. "You don't want to freeze. We can take you back to one of our houses! Unless you have one...?"

"I..." She paused and looked down. "I don't have a house..." She cautiously took the robe and bundled it over her, the long fabric draping past her ankles and onto the floor. She gasped quietly and folded the fabric against itself to stop it from dragging. "Thank you..." she mumbled. "You're very nice kidnappers."

Stress sighed and finally let the vine uncurl from the girl's arm. "We're not going to kidnap you uh... wait what's your name?"

"Uh, don't worry!" Scar reassured when seeing the girl's uncertain expression. "We're not kidnappers, it's just a bit less awkward for us to know your name. Pinkie promise?" he added, holding out his pinkie.

She smiled and lightly tapped her pinkie against his. "Um, well," she started, still deciding on whether or not to really trust them. "You can call me- er, my name is uh, Aim."

"Well hi Aim!" Scar exclaimed, grinning brightly. "I'm Scar! And this is Stress!"

He gestured to Stress who waved awkwardly, smiling slightly. "It's very nice to meet you Aim. Sorry for scaring you earlier."

"It's fine!" she replied, starting to feel energized again from the warmth of the robe. "I wasn't scared! You're both really nice, even if you are kidnappers!"

   ~*~

inspired by @theguardiansofredland on tumblr, it's a child version of my persona meeting the hermits! yes she's calling them kidnappers, she's like 7 and they're literally trying to take her to their house, what do you expect?