Jungle Magic (one-shot)

you do not understand the happiness that fills me right now because of the fact that since S7 is a completely different world it has completely different rules from S6 and i get to do some worldbuilding

(warning: spider description, a bit of gore, blood description)

   ~*~

"Ohhh the view here is so beautiful!" Stress exclaimed, setting down the oars of her small boat to admire the setting sky. The pale lavender slowly enclosing around the bright amber that glowed behind the tall trees, casting dark shadows across the fl-

"Oh, and Doc ruined it," she mumbled, frowning as the sky instantly reset to light blue. She grabbed the oars and started rowing towards towards the coarse shore of the lake, grumbling about her parrots that kept mimicking hisses and growls.

The wood smacked lightly against the sand and she climbed out with a huff, shaking out her shoes that were now wet from the ice on them melting. One of her parrots chirped and landed on her shoulder, dropping a hot pink flower in her hair.

"Aw, thank you bir-" Stress was cut off mid-sentence as the flower suddenly glowed bright yellow and burst into petals, cascading all over her.

The petals on her jacket melted into the fabric, coloring it a vibrant pink and making the fur around the edges fall off in clumps. A few turned into pale pink metal that wrapped in a belt around her waist, one petal curling into a glowing cyan gem in the center of the belt. Petals on her arms melted into green vines that coiled around her arms and made the ice on her sleeves melt, bright pink flowers intertwining with the vines.

The petals dancing on her hair burst into their own flowers and weaved themselves into a delicate flower crown. One of the petals fell from her head and melted into a cloth band that tied itself around her leg, just above her knee, and sprouted a small pink flower from the side.

Stress stared down in shock at the transformation, trying to process everything. Her parrot quietly let out another mimicked hiss and she yelped in surprise, instantly sweeping out her hand in an attempt to hit it.

The vine around her arm suddenly snapped out like a whip, narrowly missing the fluttering bird, and then quickly coiled around her arm once more.

The brunette froze and glanced at the vine, then the parrot, then the vine. She sighed, shaking her head. "This is gonna be an interesting season."

"Are you full?" Grian cooed, patting the small blue parrot on the head. The parrot just squeaked and then flapped it's wings, turning and flying away from him.

"No no no!" he protested, scrambling to dig up more seeds from the grass. "Hey!" He skidded on his heels and ran towards the bird that was lazily drifting away from him. "We are not done here mister, get back here! I force seeds down your throat until you love me!"

He nearly stumbled over his feet coming to halt and held the seeds to the bird again, tapping his foot impatiently as it gulped down the handful. It chirped happily and drifted onto his shoulder, nudging it's feathery head against his own.

Grian sighed and let out a small laugh of relief, spinning on his heels in an aimless circle. "Thank you jungle gods!" he exclaimed. A tingling feeling twitched in his ear and the blonde shook his head, giggling. "Alright alright, come on down, you're tickling my ear!"

He lifted his hand to lift the parrot off his shoulder only to be extremely confused by the sharper edged feathers that brushed by his hand. Wait... that's just one feather... and it feels like...

The blonde instantly snatched the feather out of the blue bird's beak, ignoring it's squawk of protest. As he looked down at the white feather, he gasped when he saw the many many white feathers scattered on the ground below him.

"No no no! What happened?!" He twisted his neck and his breath hitched, holding back a shrill scream. His wings! His beautiful, amazing wings!

The once gorgeous ivory colored wings that folded on his back had been reduced to small multi-colored wings with fluffy feathers like a new born bird. They started blue at the top then faded into yellow then red, feathers so fuzzy they nearly looked like fur.

He looked at the parrot that lazily sat on the ground beside him, staring up with beady black eyes. "Do you really hate me that much that you had to curse me?!"

Scar stretched out his arms as he walked through the jungle, enjoying the comfy slippers the infinity portal had given him. Iron axe slung over his shoulder, headed aimlessly towards where he hoped was a savannah of sorts.

A quiet ssttt sounded from the bushes near him and he jumped, swinging the axe out in front of him. Two glaring red eyes peered out from the leaves, then four, then six, then eight. A spider rose up from the leaves, crawling up one of the tall jungle trees and keeping it's beady glowing eyes on Scar.

It suddenly pounced, hissing and snapping it's large pincers. Scar tried to swipe at it but his axe only cleaved through a clump of vines, letting the spider snap at his skin. He yelped as the pincers drew blood, scraping down his hand and leaving a long seeping cut.

Not again! he thought, desperately trying land a hit or at least defend himself. I can't die again! Especially not out here! I'll never be able to find all my stuff! Unfortunately, the jungle provided no cover from the eight-legged wall-crawler and his hearts were starting to dwindle.

No. Hands shaking, he raised the axe to take a hit, trembling as he saw the spider spring at him. Time seemed to slow down as he swung down it down, watching the pincers snap so close to him. I can't give up.

A neon green arcane circle glowed from under his feet, ancient text and symbols spinning around in it. The axe glowed bright green and slammed down on the ground in front of the spider, neon energy bursting out from it. The spider instantly vanished in a puff of white smoke and the vines around him snapped and crumpled to the ground from the blast.

Still breathing heavily, Scar looked around him. The trees surrounding him each had a deep score in them and most of the plants near him had been flattened or broken.

The brunette looked down at the arcane circle, which was now shrinking, and then looked up again. He stepped forward and numbly picked up the string the spider had dropped. "Well..." he said aloud. "That was certainly... eventful... to say the least."

   ~*~

i have finally gotten over my mild writer's block (seeing as i havent written in like a week) and just spat out this thing

im literally so excited to expand on people's new abilities more (like Xisuma and EX and possibly Joe) this entire thing is just me fangirling over world building whoops :P