Cow-foolery (one-shot/prompt)

my brain: milk? as a prompt?

me: weird right?

my brain: wait wasn't Ren a cow?

me: dont you dare...

my brain: [REDACTED, VERY REDACTED]

me: nOOO-

(prompt 4: Leather)

   ~*~

"What in hell's name are you doing?" Doc grumbled, looking up from where he was wiping down his sword.

"Making a fashion statement!" Ren grunted, awkwardly tugging on a roper boot and nearly falling over.

Doc shook his head and sighed, cleaning the last of the cow blood from his sword and tucking it away in his inventory. "You really go all out with the roleplay stuff huh?" he muttered, raising an eyebrow.

Ren didn't hear him though, struggling to put the other boot on while trying to make sure his hat didn't fall off. He finally managed to tug it on but the forced made him stumble backwards and trip, yelping as he fell over.

Doc was there in a flash, swiftly hooking his arms under Ren's just before he crashed to the ground. The brunette, his heart still racing and the air knocked out of him, silently glanced up Doc.

"Th-thanks..." he breathed, chuckling slightly from the shock of it all. "Anytime," the creeper hybrid replied, letting Ren limply hang in his arms.

There was few moments of silence as Ren processed what happened and Doc let him, knowing the confusion he was going through since so much just happened. Eventually, Ren shakily tapped Doc on the arm.

"I-I can get up now..." he murmured. Doc shrugged nonchalantly. "If you say so," he said, instantly dropping Ren on the ground.

The wolf hybrid let out a yelp and looked up at Doc, playfully glaring at him. "Hey!" he exclaimed, grinning and showing his fangs. He leapt to his feet and quickly threw himself at Doc, giving the other hermit no time to react as he was knocked to the ground.

Doc stared up at the brunette hovering above him, cowboy hat nearly falling off his head, and burst into a fit of chuckles. He shifted into a slightly sitting up position and nabbed the hat off Ren's head, placing on his own.

"Yeehaw pardner," Doc said, his german accent and poor southern accent mixing together. The two burst into childish giggles and Ren lightly tipped the hat forward, making it cover Doc's eyes, and making them burst into more uncontrollable giggles.

   ~*~

damn i should really write more platonic hermits, this is adorable (also im posting these on tumblr and i dont want the antis coming for my head -.-')