Loose Your Head (one-shot)

ah ha ha, suffer

(warning: it's hurt/comfort (also please just pretend they have a proper house because hdjsklfjghd im not putting up with their actual bases as houses))

   ~*~

"Yeah I'll be there soon," Tango said into his communicator, grinning as he went to leave the house. He paused for a moment before rolling his eyes. "Yeah yeah I got the lava and shit don't worry-"

Fwoop.

He was suddenly shoved against the wall and a hand slammed down next to his face. He was faced with an angry looking Zed who's slightly sparking purple eyes pierced straight through him. He swiftly snatched Tango's communicator from his hand, the tips of his usually pale fingers now faded to black claws.

"Tango?" asked Cleo's voice, static lacing her voice through the communicator. "Hello?"

"He'll have to call you back Cleo," Zed hissed. He clicked the small device off before Cleo could answer and letting it clatter to the ground.

"What the hell Zed?!" Tango exclaimed, glaring back down at him. "What'd you do that for?!"

Zed sneered at his words, laughing a bit. "You thought I wouldn't find about the Arena huh?" he challenged, watching Tango's expression shift from frustration to wide-eyed horror.

"I- uh..." Tango stammered, unable to find words. "H-how do you even know?! Impulse doesn't and I made sure of it!"

"You seriously think Impulse is my only source for information?" Zed asked, his sneer turning to a glower. "Heard BDubs blabbering on about it in the shopping district. I'm not deaf Tango."

Tango huffed and stepped sideways, but Zed slammed his other hand to block him. "Let me go Zed! I have to get to the Arena now!"

"But Tango!" Zed exclaimed, putting on a sickening sweet voice. "I could never bear for you to get hurt! After all, you didn't want me to get hurt right?" The last word was laced with a bitter poison and Tango winced.

"Of course not!" Tango snapped. "Cleo just asked me to do a favor and I accepted! It's different from you putting your life on the line."

Zed rolled his eyes. "Hardly! Being part of the headgames is also a favor for Cleo!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

Tango sighed and shoved Zed away with a harsh push, making the blonde stumble backwards and yelp. "I don't have time for this Zed. I've gotta go." He walked away and just before he could reach the door, Zed teleported in front of him in a flurry of violet particles.

He quickly noticed the black patch spreading over his left eye and the black "x" in it's pupils, his fingers faded to sharp black claws. "Zed your eye-"

"Oh, scared of that I'm showing a little temper?" Zed hissed, baring his now sharp teeth. "Maybe you shouldn't have been such a hypocrite and actually thought ahead for once!"

"Zed seriously, calm down! It's not that big of a deal-"

"Oh really?!" Zed interrupted, digging his nails into his palms. "I guess the fact my boyfriend is signing himself up to die isn't a big deal huh? But me doing it is a big deal? Wow, that's sure fair!"

At this point, Tango had dug his own grave. What was he supposed to do? Supposed to say? Zed was right and honestly... he couldn't argue. Zed noticed his silence and scoffed.

"Stumped for words are you?" he spat. He sighed and his expression shifted from pure anger to conflicting emotions. "I just don't want you to get hurt!"