A Piece Of Heaven (one-shot/prompt)

yes i realize this could also be a songfic with "Angel With A Shotgun" but hushshshshsshshhh its not supposed to be one -.-'

prompt 3: United

   ~*~

"So we've got someone new huh?" Doc asked, carelessly flipping a jagged knife in his hand as a red pointed tail lashed irritably behind him. "Who is it?"

From the floor, Joe picked up the piece of paper he'd been given, folding his broad black wings as to not obscure the paper from view. "There's hardly any information," he conceded, frowning. "It seems as though they have skills in magic?"

Grian scoffed, arching his back and stretching as his scarlet red tail unfurled itself, leaning against the small apartment. "Whatever it is, they must have fucked up real bad to get in with us."

"Don't see why we need another person," Tango hummed, running a hand through his blonde hair and carefully avoiding the deep red horns that poked out. "We're a small gang for sure, but luck always seems to be on our side."

"Until it isn't," a new, higher pitched voice cut in. A tall woman with curly ginger hair stood at the door, most of her face and the sleek ruby horns on her head were shrouded by shadow and a pointed tail whipped impatiently behind her.

"Ah, Cleo," Joe greeted, waving slightly. "It is always a pleasure to see you. Have you come to tell us about our new member?"

"I have indeed Joe," Cleo replied, stepping into the apartment and shutting the door. "But first, where the fuck is Scar?"

"Fussing over his clothes," Tango said, jabbing a finger towards a closed door. "Got his "nice clothes" all bloody."

"IT'S A BIG FUCKING DEAL OKAY?!" Scar's voice yelled from the other room.

Cleo groaned, pressing her fingers to her temple. Without another word, she walked over to the door and burst in, quickly dragging a shocked Scar out. "You're meeting your fucking teammate whether you like it or not," she muttered, ignoring the fallen angel's protests.

"I-Is it normally like this...?" a quiet voice asked. All eyes turned to the brunette that peeked out from behind the doorframe, round eyes slightly obscured by her short bangs.

"Show yourself coward!" Tango called, grinning snidely.

The stranger's eyes widened further. "O-okay..." She stepped out from behind the doorframe, avoiding eye-contact and awkwardly rubbing her arm. The entire room (besides Cleo who maintained a stoic expression) gaped when seeing the plumy white wings that consciously curled around her. Grian was the first to speak;

"An angel?!" he exclaimed in a shrill, horrifically voice-cracking voice.

"Calm the fuck down," Doc hissed, hands hovering over his ears and glaring at the fellow demon.

"It's an angel Doc!" Tango growled back, returning his stare. "Are you really not going to fucking question this?!"

Cleo coughed loudly, gaining everyone's attention, and carelessly dropped Scar on the ground, rolling her eyes at his yelp of pain. "Yes an angel," she sarcastically spat, meeting everyone's stare with a harsh glare. "She's going to be working with you and you are to treat her with respect."

Joe raised an eyebrow skeptically and stood up, meeting the nervous angel's gaze. "If I may ask," he started, trying to keep his tone neutral. "What's your name?"

"Um, Stress," the angel stammered, eyes still filled with fear. "Y-yours?"

"Joe, it's a pleasure to meet you." He briefly shook hands with her, smiling slightly. "I apologize on behalf of my friends, they're all..."

"Better than you'll ever be," Scar interjected, crossing his arms from where he was sat on the floor.

"An angel isn't necessary on our team," Doc added, scowling. "So why don't you take your pretty little face somewhere else where you'll be more useful?"

Stress fidgeted nervously on the spot, looking down and ducking her head. Cleo stared at her expectantly. "Well? Redeem yourself!" she snapped. "You need to prove you can handle this mess of a team!"

"I-I uh," she stuttered, forcing herself to meet Scar's piercing gaze (since she physically couldn't handle meeting Doc's). "I can do magic...?" At everyone's expectant gaze she continued, "As in, I can heal and set up traps and do other stuff..."

"Traps eh?" Tango asked, smirking. "Show me what you got. Use uh, Scar as a test dummy."

"Why me?!" Scar protested, scooting away from Stress. "Fuck you Tango! Use him Stress, the tall bitch!" He gestured to Doc.

"Alright, fuck both of you." Grian shoved them aside and strode towards Stress, smiling a toothy grin and showing sharp fangs. "Use some magic on me. Gimme the best you got Jess."

Stress, ignoring the horrible mispronunciation of her name, nodded. "If you say so..." She nervously pressed her hands together in a prayer position and closed her eyes, muttering something under her breath.

Grian tilted his head in confusion and glanced at his teammates, shrugging in confusion. A pearly white glow brightly emitted from her hands and Stress' eyes suddenly shot open, glowing a pure ivory color.

She flicked out her hand to face Grian and a sharp bolt of bright white lightning shots out from her palm. The current ran through the blonde and sent him flying across the room, slamming into the wall on the other side and leaving him a dazed heap on the floor.

The room fell silent as the white glow faded from Stress, the brunette glancing nervously between people. Joe turned to her, eyes wide, then smiled.

"Maybe you do have a place here after all," he admitted. The fallen angel turned to where Cleo was standing. "And thank you Cleo for-"

The door slammed shut before he could finish.

   ~*~

fuck this took way too long to finish -.-' also i feel like it just barely follows under what the prompt was?? eh whatever i still like this AU

oh yeah and about the AU, Grian, Tango, Doc, Scar, and Joe demons/fallen angels aka people who've committed the bad and died. Demons and fallen angels are often put into groups to hunt down ghosts in the mortal world, kinda like a punishment saying, "yeah you're dead but you did the bad so you still have to work". Stress suddenly gets placed with them and she's a normal angel so they're all confused as fuck and then chaos ensues