Kids Again (one-shot)

again, placed in an S6 setting because i just know the world better (and i feel like everyone's a bit closer together?? physically and metaphorically??)

i just like fluffy ZIT alright, shut up ;-;

   ~*~

As usual, Impulse quietly knocked on Zed's door and peeked in. Zed wasn't one for waking up in the morning so usually one of his boyfriends came in to drag him out of his hidey-hole.

"Zed~!" Impulse called, stepping in with a smile. "It's your favorite time of th-" Impulse stopped dead in his tracks upon seeing the small shape curled under the blanket that definitely wasn't Zed.

A little voice murmured from under the covers and the shape shifted, revealing pale blonde hair and a pair of sleepy violet eyes staring at him. "Nooooo," the blonde whined, shuffling the blanket over him again.

Impulse stared for a few moments before walking over, plopping on the bed, and literally ripping the covers off of him. The kid yelped and wrapped his arms around himself, the now long sleeves of his shirt covering his hands and body. Impulse's mouth curled into a smile.

"Hi there!" he greeted, trying to contain his excitement as to not scare the kid. "What's your name? I'm Impulse!"

The boy stared up at him for a few moments before murmuring, "Z-Zedaph. Hi Impy."

Said brunette, not being able to hold back any long, quickly scooped up Zed in his arms. Zed instinctively clung to Impulse's shirt with small hands, curling up as to not fall out of Impulse's grasp. Impulse gently ran a hand through Zed's curly locks and the blonde laughed, batting playfully at Impulse's hand.

"Stop it!" Zed giggled, trying to cover his head with his arms. Impulse grinned wider and started to lightly tickle him, causing the kid to squirm and laugh, feebly batting at his hand.

"Guys you good?" Tango's voice asked, swinging the door open and stepping in. "Zed are you being difficult agai-" He froze seeing Impulse sat on the bed with a child Zed in his arms, both staring at him in surprise.

"Hi?" Zed squeaked, tilting his head back in Impulse's arms. "I'm Zed!"

Tango looked at Impulse with a what-the-fuck-happened expression. Impulse sighed although his smile quickly returned. "Uh, Zed's a child now?" he explained, shrugging.

"How does that even work?!" Tango yelled, starting to become frazzled from the strange situation. Impulse shrugged again and just went back to lowkey petting Zed as the blonde tried to squirm out of his grip.

"I don't know and I don't care," Impulse replied, not looking up from Zed.

"Impyyyy!" Zed whined, struggling to get out of the brunette's hold. "Lemme goooooo! I'm hungrrryy!"

"Well then let's get breakfast!" Impulse exclaimed, grinning ear-to-ear. Zed cheered, still squirming, and managed to slip from Impulse's grip and darted for the door. His foot ended up nicking the side of the doorframe and he stumbled back against Tango's legs, wailing and trying to keep his balance.

Tango shook his head and kneeled down next to him, pressing his hands against the blonde's back to keep him steady. "You're okay," he murmured as the kid started calming down. "You can go now."

Zed let out of a squeal of excitement and continued his march into the kitchen, with Tango and Impulse watching him from the bedroom door. Impulse glanced up at Tango with a sly grin.

"You know you love him," Impulse teased, nudging his boyfriend. Tango let out a huff, crossing his arms and flushing slightly. "Shut up. Let's just eat breakfast."

   ~*~

i actually just died because i nearly fucking wrote "let's just eat friends" x'D

(also just going to casually drop this here: )