Reverse Roles (one-shot/AU)

everyone makes the Architechs the heroes and ConVex the bad guys... so why not switch it up?

basically an AU where everyone on the server has powers except for Scar and Cub because the universe said "no u" @ them also this takes place in the S6 setting because it can

(also also, that awkward moment when you realize ConVex is literally just Team Rocket o.O)

   ~*~

"Give it back!" Scar cried. Grian just laughed and flew higher, twirling the brunette's hat on one finger and flapping his broad white wings. "Why don't you just use your powers to get it back?" Grian taunted. "Oh that's right, you don't have any!"

From below, Iskall cackled as electricity sparked from his fingertip. Cub could only watch as Scar struggled to get his hat back, trapped by a ring of crackling electricity. A spark suddenly jumped out and he hissed in pain as it stung him, shaking out his hand.

"Grian!" Mumbo called from behind the blonde, grinning. "Pass it here!" Grian smirked and swiftly dove down low, dropping the hat into Mumbo's open arms.

Scar's eyes widened and he rushed forward, only to have the air knocked out of him by Grian who tackled him from the sky. "Scar!" Cub exclaimed, momentarily forgetting about the ring of electricity and trying to run to him. He yelped as a painful jolt ran through him and was forced to stabilize himself, rubbing his arm.

The hat lightly landed in Mumbo's arm and he gripped the sides tightly as his scarlet red nails glowed. A red circuit pattern ran from fingers and through the hat until it pulsed red and suddenly burst into multiple tattered pieces, drifting lightly to the ground.

Grian giggled and jumped to his feet, walking backwards towards Mumbo and sticking out his tongue, pulling down his lower eyelid as well. Mumbo was holding his stomach and laughing, wiping a tear from his eye.

"Ah, sorry Scar!" he exclaimed, smiling apologetically. "But that was just too funny to pass up!"

"Hell yeah it was!" Iskall released Cub from the electric ring and bounded over to Grian and Mumbo, spinning on his heels and laughing hysterically.

The three, still laughing and high-fiving each other, walked off, leaving Scar and Cub to themselves.

Scar sniffled and crumpled to the ground, lightly picked up a scrap of his hat and tracing a thumb over the now loose seams. "I know they don't mean it," he murmured, tears starting to drip from his emerald green eyes. "They're our friends..."

Cub sighed and kneeled beside him, placing a hand on his back and gently rubbing circles. "Scar... you have to face reality," he murmured back. "They might be our friends, but that doesn't mean that can't be... cruel to us."

"Scar! Cub!" Zed's voice rang through their ears as the blonde dropped his shulker box and ran over to them, a skidding to a halt and kneeling beside Scar. "Are you okay?"

"It's nothing," Scar replied, wiping away the tears with his sleeve. "Just the Architechs being... the Architechs."

Zed frowned and looked down, picking up one of the hat scraps. "They ruined your hat didn't they?" Scar just looked away, nodding silently. Zed sighed and immediately enveloped him in a hug. "Don't let them get to you alright?"

Scar nodded numbly again, limply leaning into Zed's touch. "And no more repression?" Cub added, gently Scar's hand into his own and rubbing circles with his thumb. "It's seriously not healthy for you Scar."

"Hey, why don't we go to my place?" Zed offered, untangling himself from Scar. "I'll teleport us the- I mean-" He immediately clapped a hand over his mouth a horrified look, eyes darting between Scar and Cub. "I-I'm so s-sorry Scar..."