The Crow (one-shot/AU)

Spirit animals were something only in myths, in children's imagination, in shows, books, and movie. At least that's what the public thought. For years now, Spirit Charmers have been working in secret to maintain a stable world through the connection of their spirit animals.

Charmer of the Fox, Xisuma Void, holds the power of intelligence and cunning. With a thin wooden staff and rich green robes, he oversees the technology of the world to make sure society continues to more forward rather than staying stagnant. He's also the unofficial leader of the Spirit Charmers and checks up on all of them at least once a month.

Charmer of the Spider, Joe Hills, holds the power of creativity and destiny. A cracked mirror in hand and a deep blue cloak covering, he silently watches everyone from the shadows as they move closer to death. He does what he believe is right based on the consequences of everyone's actions, from karma to death, they get what they deserve.

Charmer of the Frog, Jevin I, holds the power of adaptation and prosperity. Wielding a thin whip and downed in glacier-blue robes, he never stays in one place for long as he looks for the lucky souls worth his gifts. He plays life like it's a game, plucking out random folk to give fortune until there's no one left.

Charmer of the Deer, Stress Monster, holds the power of regeneration and energy. Holding a pale ram horn and adorned in lime green robes, she heals the broken who are left in the streets to rot. She comes like an angel in the dark, but leaves as quickly as a doe in headlights.

Charmer of the Raven, Doc M, holds the power of mourning and trickery. Shrouded in black robes and a gleaming throwing knife in hand, he's the terrifying bringer of bad news. It's better to see him than to hear him in the shadows, for only trouble can follow his sickening grin.

Charmer of the Dove, Mumbo Jumbo, holds the power of peace and morality. A light balance scale perched delicately in his hand and white robes over him, he oversees the balance of the truth and lies. Though he doesn't interfere much, if there's an argument he can certainly read between the lines of right and wrong.

They all lived peacefully in the city, hidden under the cover of a normal persona, until someone new showed up at their apartment.

A head of tousled blonde hair.

Robes the same color as spilt blood.

Shards of jagged glass gripped in his hand.

Grian MC, charmer of the Crow and holding the power of dark omens and misfortune, had arrived.

   ~*~

you might notice some of/a lot of the hermits are missing here and uh, 👀