Sensory Overload (one-shot)

aka its 3 am and im back on my bullshit here's a bunch of little emotional snippets cuz i wanna practice writing different emotions (it is very late right now and im delusional please forgive me)

(side note, it's no longer 3 am but i am now dying of laughter from Mini Ladd, great youtuber btw you should check him out (tho his jokes are a little more on the older side hgkjfdhfgjd))

[SIDE NOTE FROM THE FUTURE AKA 2022: well the mini ladd thing aged badly lol, please dont support him he's literally a p*do]

   ~*~

Introvert vs Extrovert

Iskall huffed as he set down another shulker box, the hot jungle sun making him sweat. A shadow suddenly flew above him and he looked up, smiling at the black blur that glided overhead.

"Hey Mumbo!" he called, waving up at the hermit. Mumbo glanced down at him with a tired expression, weakly cracking a smile. "C'mon down here!"

Mumbo sighed, not really in the mood to go down but also not wanting to be rude, and flew down, stumbling slightly as he landed. Iskall instantly grabbed him into a hug, grinning cheerfully. "It's nice to see you dude!"

"Nice to see you too Iskall," Mumbo muttered, barely hugging back. "So uh, why'd you call me down...?"

"Just wanted to chat!" Iskall exclaimed, releasing him. "With all the drama going around with the button I thought it'd be nice just to hang with a bud!"

Mumbo hesitated, biting his tongue slightly. "That sounds nice Iskall but..." He looked away, almost ashamed of himself. "I'm kinda um, busy? R-right now and I have to do something. Uh, s-sorry..."

"Well then I can just come over and help!" Iskall replied, still beaming. "I've been dying to stretch my legs!"

"I..." Mumbo sighed, still looking down. "Sure, I guess..."

Iskall tilted his head, his smile fading into a worried look. "You okay?"

"Yeah I am it's just..." Mumbo scuffed his feet, idly kicking at a pebble. "I kinda wanted some time to myself," he admitted, finally meeting his friend's gaze. "I burnt myself out a bit yesterday and I- er, Xisuma actually, said I should probably just relax for a day?"

"But you can relax with me!" Iskall insisted, his eyes wide and pleading. "Won't it get lonely all by yourself? Things are always more fun with a friend!"

"Iskall!" The brunette flinched slightly as Mumbo raised his voice. "Ah, sorry," Mumbo mumbled, rubbing his arm sefl-consciously. "But um, I really just want to be alone today alright? I can hang out with you tomorrow but for now I just wanna... chill by myself."

He smiled warmly, staring at Iskall. "Okay?"

Iskall hesitated for a moment but eventually nodded. "Okay. But call me if you need anything!"

Mumbo chuckled slightly. "I will."

Two Sides Of The Same Coin

"X not again," EX muttered. "We've been over this like 3 times, you gotta stop switching forms so much."

Xisuma squirmed as EX wiped at the scar over his eye with a washcloth, black liquid dripping onto the fabric. "I haven't had time! I'm a busy man ya know! Not just some freeloader like you!"

EX sighed, a smile tugging at his lips. "I mean, if you're the one who built the damn house and terraformed the property, does that count as freeloading?"

"Oh shut up!" X retorted, batting playfully at his hand. "Screw you and your technicalities! I at least have a house and that's all that matters!"

"Uh huh Mister Interviewer." EX laughed as Xisuma groaned, throwing his head back against his brother's shoulder.

"I hate youuuuu," Xisuma whined.

EX snorted and threw the washcloth over his face. "Oh hush, I know you love me."

Xisuma groaned again, his voice slightly muffled now. "I doooooo but stillllll..."

Breathe

"Keralis!" BDubs called, skidding his feet as he landed next to the taller's base. "I'm here!"

An unusual silence met him which automatically made BDubs concerned. BDubs slowly stepped into the house and looked around. "Keralis?" he said again.

"I'm here..." a quiet voice mumbled from upstairs. BDubs rushed up the stairs and practically kicked down the bedroom door. Keralis was sitting on the bed with his knees to his chest, his hair messy and barely reacting to BDubs.

"Keralis-!" BDubs immediately froze upon seeing his friend who tiredly looked up at him with narrowed eyes and a scowl. "Wh-what happened?!"

Keralis' nails dug harder into his arms. "Everything!" he burst out, instantly uncurling himself and slamming his fists on the bed. "I lost all my stuff in lava then a creeper blew up one of my cats and now I have a headache!"

BDubs was slightly taken aback at first but after Keralis' outburst he calmly walked over and sat down. "Relax," he murmured, placing a hand over one of Keralis' fists. Keralis glanced at him, still glaring, but relaxed and let his hands lay flat on the bed.

"Now breathe in." Keralis inhaled quietly. "And out." He exhaled, closing his eyes. "Breath in." Keralis did. "Breath out." He did. BDubs smiled slightly, feeling Keralis relax and even lean against him a slightly. "Feel better?"

"A little light headed but yeah, better," Keralis murmured back, blinking open his eyes. "Sorry about that Bubbles, I didn't exactly have the best day." He smiled awkwardly, looking down.

BDubs just shrugged. "No it's fine, everyone gets angry now and again."

Keralis grinned, giggling a bit. "Say, how'd you learn how to do that?" he asked.

"Do what?"

"The breathing thing!

A slightly wistful look came over BDubs. "Oh that," he said, looking down. "Etho taught me back in season 5. Without him I'd probably still be the ball of fire I used to be." He chuckled a bit, looking back up at Keralis. "Do you... wanna vent about what happened?"

The taller's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh! I mean, do you actually wanna listen?" Keralis asked. "I don't wanna bore you or anything..."

Without another word, BDubs gently shifted his hand to intertwine with Keralis' in a comforting gesture, making Keralis instinctively lean towards a bit more. "If it make you feel better," BDubs replied, nodding. "Then of course I would."

Keralis stared at him for a moment before giggling. "Alright then! So I was mining for more diamonds 'cause you know I got kinda broke and if I get more diamonds then I can play more games for more diamonds which I know is technically gambling but I have really good luck and-"

   ~*~

aight so this was going to be The Big Sad™ but then it somehow turned into this and i just-

also i've gotten so much nostalgia for Stampy and DanTDM and LDShadowLady and iHasCupquake and Stacplays and PrestonPlayz and UnspeakableGaming and-

(bruhishouldwrite/drawacrossoverbutihavesomanyotherprojectsgoingonrightnowgoddamnit-)