Chapter 51

Skylar's POV

It's been 2 weeks and things have been going really slow, it feels like Harry has been gone a month. We speak everyday and video call when he can, Anne also went with him so she can look after Darcy while Harry is performing.

Today is an early start I've got to collect some samples for the salon and it's almost a 2 hour drive, I am dreading it!
I get dressed in my comfy pink hoodie and put on my black jeans along with my denim jacket, something comfy for the long drive ahead.

The drive is long and even longer with the amount of traffic. Once I get to the salon where I have to pick up the sample I park up and get out.

"hi, I'm Skylar Winters, I'm here to collect some samples for the S&S hair and beauty salon" I tell the young man behind the desk, "oh good morning! It's a pleasure to finally meet you, I've heard so many great things about you and of course about your salon too" he says as he comes round his desk to greet me with a hug
"oh and I'm Elliott by the way" he continues saying, "so this is for you" he says as he grabs a big box from the shelf behind his desk I'm assuming it's the samples, "thanks so much" I smile at him "no thank you, for collaborating with us it means a lot" he says grabbing a pen handing me some forms "if you could just sign here and we are all done" he says and I quickly sign. I will never understand why they can never send these things straight to the salon or to the nearest post office!

After the drive back I go straight to the salon and it's already 3 o'clock
"I'm back!" I say as I enter the salon carrying the big box "oh wow no! Drop that right now!" Marcus says as he sees me carrying the box "It's fine it's not that heavy" I tell him as I take it to the back room.

"oh by the way your man called me, so be prepared because he is pissed off" chloe tells me grinning at me "and to be honest I would be to" she says "what? Why?" I ask her "I dunno are you missing something?" she asks me sarcastically, oh shit my phone! It's at home... "yeah so that's why he is mad" she says as she sees my reaction "here" she says handing me her phone and I dial Harry's number.

"Haz" I say as he picks up "oh finally, you have no idea how worried I was, I haven't heard from you and it's 4 in the morning here and I was worrying sick!" he rambles "babe it's fine, I have had so much on my mind that I forgot my phone at home, I have just got back from a 2 hour drive to pick the samples up" I tell him "I thought you told me you wasn't going to go Stacey was" he says annoyed "you know how I feel about you stressing about those things" he tells me annoyed "I know but it's fine I'm at the salon now I will be home in 2 hours I promise" I tell him"go to sleep you must me shattered message me when you get up " I say as I unbox everything.

"Go home Marcus, Chloe and I will lock up " I tell him as he finishes with the last appointment of the evening, "are you sure I feel bad" he says "oh shut up, you opened up and your doing extra hours, now go home" I insist.

"hello how could we help you?" I hear chloe say to a costumer that has just walked in "Hi, I was wondering if I could have a quick hair cut, but I have no appointment" the customer says and I recognise that deep voice, I turn round and I see Blake "Blake!" I smile as I greet him with a hug "hey how are you?" he asks me as he pulls away and looks at me "yeah I'm good, exhausted but good" I laugh and he smiles "haircut?" I ask him and he nods "yeah if you have time and you don't mind of course" he says feeling bad "oh no of course not, follow me" I tell him. I wash his hair and then take him to the chair to cut it "so how is the pregnancy going?" he asks me as I cut his hair "good actually, I have some bad days but it's not too bad" I tell him "that's great, and Harry is away right? Doesn't he go to the check ups?" he asks as I continue cutting his hair "yeah he is away but I have only had 2 check ups so far and he has gone to both, unfortunately he won't make the one I have this Saturday" I pout and he gives me a sympathetic look "well I can tag along with you if you don't mind, it saves you having to go by yourself" he tells me "really?" I ask him and he smiles giving me a nod "ok then" I smile as I finish what I'm doing.

"Chloe go home, I can lock up by myself it's fine I just need to finish up with Blake and I'm done" I tell her and she hesitates but listens "I'm going to rinse your hair again and then dry it and we are done" I tell him and he follows behind me and I wash it. "all done then" I say as I finish styling it "thanks so much" he smiles and goes to de desk to pay "are you closing now?" he asks as a sweep the hairs from the floor "yeah just going to tidy up quickly and I'm done" I tell him "I will wait until you lock up then, I don't want you leaving on your own" he tells me as he helps me, he is so sweet.

"thanks for helping me close up" I tell him as I lock the building "oh it's no problem, I didn't want you closing up by yourself and especially with these dark evenings" he tells me as we walk to the parking lot giving him a smile "I guess I will see you Saturday right?" he says as I approach my car "yeah, I will text you the details" I tell him "perfect, and thanks for the cut" he says and I get into my car.

Once I arrive to my quiet empty home I grab my phone and see 20 missed calls from Harry and 11text messages.

"haz?" I say once he picks up "well finally" he says annoyed "I'm sorry, I have just got home, we had so much going on at the salon and I stayed until we locked up and I wanted to keep myself busy I didn't want to stay at home all day it's boring here by myself you know I have to keep myself busy" I tell him as a dump myself down on the sofa "I know but I was worried sick you said you would be home when you phoned me and you wasn't and you know I hate when you work so much all the stress isn't good and I worry a lot and I miss you like mad" he says "I miss you too and you don't have to worry so much about me I'm a grown woman" I grin causing him tu chuckle "how are you feeling?" he asks "good actually still get morning sickness but not as bad as when you was here and I have an appointment this Saturday for a scan" I inform him "I know, I wish I could be there I really do" he says and I know he has a pout on his face "I know babe but you can't help it, Blake has offered to come" I tell him and it's then I realise that this isn't going to end well... "go where? The scan? Your kidding right?" he says raising his voice a bit "you don't need to act like this you know full well that Blake is a close family friend that I have know for years so he offered as a friend to tag along so I don't have to go by myself" I tell him annoyed "and so what! You couldn't get Eleanor to go or your mum or your brother even, it had to be him, you know how I feel about him" he continues saying "are you serious right now?" I ask him "yeah I am serious! He gets to go to the appointment when I'm supposed to be the one going! It doesn't even make sense him going it's like you do things on purpose to annoy me sky it really does and this just pisses me off!" he says raising his voice 'haz-" I say but get cut off by a bleeping sound, well great...