Part 26

Mom calls me telling that the whole Family is meeting at Luke's. I get changed and go and meet them there. (outfit above.) I get there at the same time as dad and Rory. We walk in together and I sit next to mom, "hi." She smiles, "oh, hi, Where you?" I shrug, "home watching TV." Mom sighs at me, she thinks I need to get out more. I mean she used to think I went out too much. I guess things will change now me and Finn are seeing each other again. At least this way the brigade can all meet and it won't be crazy awkward.

Dad and Rory sit, "well me and Rory, saw Al's Paraguayan pancake house, we were stalked by several townspeople, and apparently I look like Billy Crudup." I shake my head, "you do not." Dad's phone then rang. I stop him and point to the sign. He smiles at me and answers the phone, "hello? Emily! It's you mother. uh-huh. Well, actually, I'm sitting here with your girls. Sure. She wants to speak with you." He hands the phone to mom and they talk.

We all look at the menu and we tell dad what's good here. I tap mom on the shoulder, "hey, can you tell her I can't come tonight." She looks at me, "hold on mom. Why can't you come." I shrug, "I have rehearsal with Noah tonight." She sighs, "mom Christina can't come tonight. She has dance practice." I give her a smile and turn back to dad. "Dad you were right." He smirks, "you bet I was. About what?" I laugh, "I called Finn when you left and we're giving it another go. This time with no pressure. I don't want to rush it." He smiles, "that's great kid he seems to like you."

Mom got me out of the dinner and after they left I ran to the phone, "Finn, let's have a date night. I wanna start this right and slow." Soon after I called I got dressed and called Noah to cover for me if my mom called. I hear a knock on the door and open it to see Finn, "I almost forgot how beautiful you are, love." I smile, "you don't look too bad yourself. Now come on we should get going."

I tell him to drive to New York, he does as he's told and half way he turns to me, "why are we going to New York." I smirk, "now where would the fun be in telling you. I have a plan, do you trust me?" He smiles, "with my life." He looks back at the road and puts his hand on my leg.

We arrive at the stadium my mom went to see the Bangles at. Now since I couldn't come Sookie got me two tickets for the Foo Fighters. She knew I love them and she got two when I was still with Finn. It kind of made sense and she never told me because of the break up. She told me the other day and now I'm here with Finn.

He looks shocked, "you like the Foo Fighters?" I laugh at his face and drag him in to our ninth row seats. We spend the night dancing, singing, and kissing. It was the best night of my life. I even brought a t-shirt. As we were making our way back to his car I get a phone call from Noah. "hey Noah what's up." He sighs, "so don't panic, your mom just called. They're home, and I'm guessing your not." I groan, "what did you tell her." He sighs, "well my mom answered, and she said that I didn't leave the house all night. They are most liking going to call very soon." I put my head against the window, "thanks for the warning, bye."

Just as I end the call I get another one, "hello?" I hear a sigh of relief, "Chris, it's dad. Where the hell are you." I look at Finn and bite my lip, "I may be in New York Finn." I hear no sound on the other side and then I hear my mom, "what were you thinking. We've been over this Christina, you don't lie to me. You tell me where you are at all times. I mean New York really. Why are you even there." I look at my t-shirt, "we went to see the Foo Fighters, remember Sookie got me two tickets because I couldn't come to the Bangles." She takes a deep breath, "home now." The line goes dead and I turn to Finn, "take me home." He nods and drives me to Stars Hollow.

I sneak in the house around 1 am. I think everyone is asleep and then I hear my dad, "kiddo come here." I walk over, "dad I am sorry I lied. I mean Sookie gave me the tickets and the two of us had just made up." He pulls me in a hug, "it's all good. Just stir clear of your mom tomorrow. Tonight was horrible even before we came home. I'm okay as long as your safe." I give him a kiss on the cheek and make my way to bed.

I wake up and get some coffee. Dad walks up to me bags in hand, "I'll call I promise." I smiles, "you better or you won't get a second chance." We walk out and I stand next to mom. Rory looks kind of sad, "so call us when you get home." He looks at us, "I will." I sigh, "and call more, remember." He gives me a smile, "I will." Me and Rory both hug him and then I step back and stand next to mom. Rory turns to mom, "dad want to know if you'll reconsider." Mom ushers me to her and I say, "she says nope. Offspring suck and Metallica rules." He laughs, "fair enough." He gives her a hug, then he's gone. I turn to mom, "he wanted you to marry him, didn't he?" She looks at me, "don't spy." Rory jumps in, "you know, crazier things have happened." Mom looks ahead, "crazier then having your mom and dad married. I don't think they have." Rory smiles, "why, why is that so crazy." Mom sighs, "because he-- he wants things he is not ready for." I nod in agreement with mom. Rory keeps trying, "how do you know." Mom looks at her, "I know. I know him so well." She won't give up, "maybe he can change..." Mom tries to stop her, "Rory..." I leave the two of them and sit by my phone. Now I wait.