Part 46

Max is finally back and he was cooking. I was sitting at the table reading a book, mom pouts, "why won't you let me help." Max continues to cut, "because you're a danger to the process." I nod, "amen, don't let her or Rory near the food." Mom playfully glares at me before tuning to Max, "am not." He looks up at her, "I've got numerous scars."

Mom shrugs, "I cut you that one -- two times, and I've helped you tons of times." Max shakes his head, "you've helped me twice, and both times, you cut me." I nod, "sounds like mom." She smiles innocently, "well I do like watching you cook." I cover my ears, "young ears here." Rory walks in, "what's that weird smell?"

I turn to her, "Max is cooking." Max turns to Rory, "it smells weird." I laugh and Rory just shrugs, "no, just weird for this house. It smells great." I nod, "I know right, I am so hungry right now I could eat my shoe." Mom laughs, "same." Max shakes his head, "Rory can you get that? Right down there, with the shiny handle." When she opens it mom and me both stand up and gasp, "did you know we had that?" Rory shakes her head, "not a clue."

Max looks at us three, "oh, come on." Mom looks in as he goes to put food in, "hey, it's on fire." He laughs, "it's the broiler. What fallout shelter have you guys been living in?" I turn to mom and Rory, "he has much knowledge." Mom nods, "we shall form a cult around him." We look at him with wide eyes and Rory joins in, "build a statue many stories high." Mon carries on, "we shall grow our hair long." I finish her sentence, "and stop bathing." He puts his hand on his hips, "please don't do any of that." Rory claps her hands, "are we eating at the table?" He shrugs, "wherever you want." Mom looks at us, "TV?" I nod, "we'll pick a tape." We then run into the living room to find something to watch.

It is now the next morning and I get up early to go to work. After working my morning shift my mom and Rory walk in, "Luke, I'm out." He nods, "sounds about right to me." I walk up to them, "morning." They smile back to me and then Luke points to a table, "over there." Mom shakes her head, "uh, can you clear that one off? It's bigger. We're four today. Max is with us."

Luke nods, "Max, huh? So when did Max become invisible to the human eye?" We walk over to the table as someone clears the table, "he's on a paper hunt." Rory nods, "Max likes his three papers in the morning --- 'The Hartford Courant', 'the New York Times', and 'The Wall Street Journal.'" He looks at Rory, "three papers?" Mom smiles, "he likes to be well informed." Luke says dryly, "yeah, well reading three papers all reporting the same news is terrific use of trees." I point at him, "you be nice to him." Mom nods, "we mean it."

Just then Max walks in and Luke is overly nice to him. When Max walks over to us I playfully glare at Luke and he just shrugs with a smile. Mom looks at him, "so?" He sits down, "I got two out of the three. No one had the 'Wall Street Journal.'" I nods, "welcome to Stars Hollow my friend." Rory nods, "this isn't a very financially oriented town." Mom hold up mug up, "yes, it's more oriented to Coffee!" Luke walks over, "I've got the blue pancakes this morning." We hand him our mugs, "bring 'em" Rory nods, "bring 'em twice." I give him my mug, "bring 'em thrice."

He looks at Max, "and you?" He looks at the menu, "I'm gonna need a minute." We all look him and mom says, "oh. Well, uh, hold off." Me and Rory nod, "same here." He looks at us "I might run out of pancakes." Max shakes his head, "go ahead, order." Mom shakes her head, "no, that's okay. We'll wait." Luke dryly says, "I'm almost out, I can't make more." I put on a forced smile, "set some aside." He shakes his had, "first come, first severed." Rory give him her wide eyed look, "we'll take our chances." He sighs, "whatever."

Max puts down his menu, "you didn't need to do that." Mom shakes her head, "oh, we're happy to." He smiles and looks back to the menu. We just stare at him, how long does it take to pick a piece of food. He's read that this at least twice by now. Mom stops him, "okay, yeah, that's still eggs and breakfast stuff up there." He sighs, "just order. I want you guys to do at you normal pace. My rhythm might not necessarily be your rhythm. What's this?" He looks up at Luke hands him a menu, "the lunch menu. I stop serving breakfast in an hour."

I roll my eyes, "Lucas." He gives me a small glare and Max finally orders, "I'll have poached eggs." Mom jumps in her chair, "and blueberry pancakes!" Rory pouts, "did we make it." He looks at the three of us "I already set them aside." I smirk, "I knew you loved us." Then Luke argues with Taylor about installing a traffic light, in front the diner. Just a normal day in Stars Hollow.