Part 30

A/N: So I just learnt that Finn's last name is Morgan and I just made one up last time because I didn't know so from now on I will be using his real last name.

I was sitting in the living room ready for tonight's dinner and mom was rushing Rory to get ready, "come on, let's go!" Mom get's up from the couch, "relax. I'm almost ready." Mom makes her way to the kitchen, "we're gonna be late." I follow her wanting to see this, "no, we're not." Mom shakes her head, "it's Friday night, the traffic's bad on Friday night." Rory walks out of her room, "since when." Mom throughs her arms up, "since beginning of time." I shake my head at the two, "I'm gonna wait in the car, you two hurry up." They nod and I leave them to it. When the get in car halfway there mom starts to smirk and Rory looks at her, "mean, mean, mean." (outfit above.)

We carry the coat rack to the door I sigh, "god, this thing weighs, like, a thousand pounds." Mom stops just to the side of the door, "I know, here, put it down." We do what she says and put it down, "what are we doing." She shrugs, "well, in case Gran comes to the door, you know?" Rory nods, "good thinking." I just roll my eyes at them as my mom continues talking, "I mean, she's 80. The eyes have got to be gone, right?" We knock on the door and I sigh, "the fact you think that saddens me."

Grandma opens the door, "do you have it?" Mom nods, "we got it?" We walk round and show it to her and carry it to the door way, "hurry up. Bring it in here. Okay, quiet. Be quiet." Mom sighs, "mom, thanks for the direction and all, but, um, we need some help." She nods, "yeah, sorry." She takes the top and we put by the door inside the house.

We put our coats on it, "how'd you get her in here without her noticing." She moves the coat rack slightly, "well, I brought her through the back way and then I had Stella wax the floors, also she naps so that took up an hour." Rory looks at grandma, "where is she now." She sighs, "in the living room scratching the diamond pendant I brought her against a mirror." Mom nods, "so we shouldn't keep her waiting, huh?" Grandma nods back, "no, your right, we shouldn't. Oh, heaven help me." As we follow mom smirks so I turn to her, "stop." Then she stops.

We get to the living room and who I think is my great-grandma is reading a paper. Grandma puts on a smile, "mom, look who's here." She doesn't look up, "who?" Grandma grits through her teeth, "well, look." She sighs, "if I wanted to look, I would. I haven't looked, therefore, you must draw your own conclusions." Grandpa hands her a drink and she puts her paper down, "ah, thank you, dear boy." He smiles, "your welcome, Trix." I smirk and Rory looks at mom, "Trix?" Mom nods, "dad's pet name for Gran. Hi, Gran." She looks over at us, "Lorelai."

Mom smiles, "yes, it's so good to see you again." Grandpa points to us, "Trix this is Rory and Christina. You haven't met them yet." She leans forward, "no I don't believe I have." Rory waves, "hello." I smile, "nice to meet you." She waves her hand at us, "come. I want to get a very good look at the three of you." We walk and stand in front of her, "they're tall." I smile and Grandpa nods, "yes, they are." She keeps a straight face, "how's your health?" Mom put an arm around the two of us, "oh, good." I nod, "very healthy." She nods, "good, that means the majority of your blood is Gilmore blood. Gilmores don't get sick, am I right, Richard?"

He shakes his head, "oh, we wouldn't dare, Trix." She nods, "that's right, your mother is always sick." Grandma scoffs and smiles, "I'm hardly always sick." We turn to her and Gran says, "your sick right now." Mom turns to her, "are you sick now mom." She gives us a tight smile, "headache." I hold in my laugh and turn back to Gran with a smirk, "Gilmore's don't get headaches, Gilmore's heads are perfect. Would you like a drink? Emily get this women a drink." The rest of dinks was just like that. Gran being judgmental towards grandma.

We are now sat at the table eating dinner. We were sitting in silence until Rory tried to brighten the mood, "grandma, this dinner's delicious." I nod, "yeah, it's lovely." She smiles and nods at us in thanks. Gran looks up, "very good, young ladies. We all believed the two of you. Now, let's talk about your education. Where are the two of you attending school."

I speak up with a polite smile, "Chilton." Grandpa nods, "Rory and Christina are in the top 10% of her class." Grandma's face brightens up, "We're very proud of our girls. Christina is going to Yale and Rory is going to Harvard." Gran's face snaps to Grandma, "Harvard?!" Rory nods with a small smile, "yes, ma'am." She looks at Grandpa, "Richard, how can you allow only one of them to go to Yale? You're a Yale man! Your father was a man."

Mom then tries to brighten the mood, "we want Rory to be any kind of man she wants to be." Gran shakes her head, "that's enough jokes for this evening, Lorelai. Now, if you don't mind my asking, Chilton is rather an expensive institution. I'm curious how the manger of an inn can afford such a luxury." All free of us look down at our plates and grandma jumps in "we're helping Lorelai out." Grandpa continues to say, "we've seen to it that Rory's education is taken care of." Mom looks at gran, "but it's temporary. It's a loan. I plan to pay them back every cent. They know this."

Gran drops her cutlery on the her plate and stands up, "that's it. I'm done. Tomorrow, girls, I shall plan the menu. When you live in Europe, you learn a thing or two about food." I shake my head, "we can't we have a study group tomorrow." She sighs, "very well. Your mother can tell you all about it. Christina, please follow me and your grandfather." I look to mom and when she nods I get up. Grandma turns to us as we leave, "won't you have desert." She links arms with the two of us, "I once travelled to a small village in Cambodia. I did not eat desert there either."

We walk her up to her guess room and when grandpa leaves gran sits on the bed, "sit, I don't bite. Now I hear you have taken over the life and death brigade duties from me." I nod, "they told everything about you. Your still a legend I can promise you that." She nods, "that's good to know, I thought because it had been so long they had forgotten the name Gilmore all together. Now have you planed a gathering." I shake my head, "not yet, I guess you could a last minute one tomorrow." She shakes her head, "your first one has to be amazing, and partly planned. It needs to look expensive and something they have never done before." I nod and we plan the evening out she smirks, "you will be a fine leader. Here is the dress I think you should wear, don't tell the others what it's for. Come up with a lie then call the richest guy in the brigade to help." I nod, "yeah, I'll call Logan when I get home. Thanks gran." I take the dress and avoid the questions on the way home.

When I get home I go to my room and pick up my phone, "Hey Logan." He laughs, "the queen returns. What can I help you with." I smirk, "I wanna plan an event." I hear music in the background, "I'm listening Gilmore."