Part 51

Me and Finn got to leave dance practice early because Rory and Dean needed one on one teaching. According to Miss Patty me and Finn are naturals, I told Finn to go home and pick out a tux. Me on the other hand took Rachel dress shopping, because she is also doing the coming out party.

"So Rachel, who is your lucky escort?" She smiles, "I bribed Colin into going with me. He kept on saying no. I obviously didn't take no for an answer and after three days of me bugging him he said yes." I smirk, "you two are so cute. I totally call dibs on being maid of honour." She rolls her eyes, "shut it will you. Oh there's my mom come on, she's dying to meet you."

It was now night time and Me and Rory were painting our toenails on the couch. We had Chinese food on the coffee table and dad was showing Dean how to do the tie. Mom on the other had was eating and walking around with a book on her head, "see now, only a lady can gracefully walk around a room with a book on her head while eating kung pao chicken. And a great lady can even spit the peanuts back into the container without anyone noticing."

I roll my eyes, "wow, mom." Mom then stops walking and nods, "yeah well, don't be intimidated. You have to practice and practice to get to my level." Rory ignores mom and leans forward, "anyone want the last egg roll?" They all say no and then I pout, "I want it." She sighs, "half it?" I nod, "good with me." She goes to get it but mom stops her, "Where are you going?" Rory looks up to mom, "to get the egg roll." Mom raises an eyebrow, "you're getting it yourself." She nods, "yes." I shake my head, "you have done it now. You can have the egg roll, I need to sleep. Night." They all say night and I go up to my room.

I get a ride with Finn and his parents. When I get to the dressing room I sit a mirror with lights and start to do my make up. Soon Rachel comes, "hey, Rachel. I saved you a spot next to me." She walks over and smiles, "thanks Tina. Where's your sister?" I shrug, "my mom is most likely making her late." Rachel laughs, "I can see that happening from what I've seen of your mom." Once me and Rachel are pretty we get in our dresses. (Dress above.)

Once we are dressed we walk back in and I see Rory is stuck talking to Libby, "Hey Rory, why are you so late." She sends me a small smile, "mom took forever to get ready. This is Libby, Libby this is my sister Christina and her friend Rachel." Her eyes widen, "your escorts are Finn and Colin right? You two are so lucky, I heard they have never even considered doing this for anyone." I give her a small smile, "yeah well, we need to fix our make up. Also I would go for red-red." She nods, "cool thanks."

Me and Rory are now lining up with dad. He whispers to us, "last chance to shimmy down the drainpipe." Rory turns to him, "do us a favour." He nods, "anything." I sigh, "don't let us fall." He nods, "right back at ya." People start to go down the stairs and Rory goes to get mom and the grandparents. Rory comes back and I go out first, "Christina Gilmore, daughter of Christopher Hayden and Lorelai Gilmore." We get to the end of the stairs and he kisses me hand and I curtsy. Then Finn takes me to the other girls. After Rory walks out I see grandma leave and we start the fan dance.

Right now me, mom, dad, and Dean were walking to Luke's in our dresses and tuxes. Rory turns to dad, "so did you know that you're considered a hot dad?" He lets out a small laugh, "really?" Rory nods, "Libby said it's too bad you're my real dad, because if you were my stepdad I could steal you away from mom." Dad smirks, "that Libby's got a good life ahead of her." I shake my head, "she was totally drunk off her face."

Dad playfully nudges me and mom smiles from behind, "I was very proud of all of you. You made it through the entire ceremony with a straight face. Almost all of you." Dad shakes his head, "I'm sorry but that fan dance was more than I could take." I nod, "I love dance, but if I never do the fan dance again it will be too soon." Mom taps us, "hey, I need a burger." I nod, "us too." Rory nods, "yeah, Dean?" He shakes his head, "the only thing I can think of is taking off this tux."

We all stop walking, "hey, watch it. You're talking to two ladies now." Dean shrugs, "how about I do it at home?" Mom nods, "better." My phone starts to ring, "I gotta take this, meet you at Luke's" Mom and Rory nod and I go to take the call. "Hey, Christy." I smile, "hey Finn, I was gonna call you when I got home. Thanks for tonight, you and Colin made it fun." I start to walk to Luke's, "you start paying soon. I just called to say good night." I smile, "good night Finn."

I walk in and sit next to Rory who got me a burger. We both start to eat when mom walks in, "Hey!" We pull the burgers away from our mouths and Rory pouts, "what?" Mom closes the door and sits down, "after all you've been through tonight, and I come in here and find you eating like that?!" We both think for a moment and then put our pinkies out and mom smirks, "there you go." I shake my head, "being a lady is hard."

We continue to eat and mom smiles, "so tonight? What's the consensus?" I continue to eat and Rory says, "the fan dance was humiliating. I'm never doing a curtsy again. But having dad around was great." I nod, "I feel the same." Mom smiles, "yeah, it was." Rory smiles, "he's got a new girlfriend." Mom nods, "Sherrie." I smirk, "poor girl's named after a journey song." Mom smiles, "took the words out of my mouth." Rory shakes her head at us, "he seems happy." Mom looks down smiling, "he does, he really... does." Rory nods, "I'm glad." Mom smiles, "me too." I nod, "me three."

Rory looks down at her food, "I feel kind of bad for grandma, though. She was so into this night and she ended up so miserable." Mom shakes her head, "she'll have more fun at the next one." My eyes widen, "say what now?" Mom nods, "yes we have you guys signed up for the next six balls." I roll my eyes and Rory huffs, "not funny." Mom squints her eyes at us, "you're doing this till you bring home a prize." I shake my head, "we are not listening to you now."

Luke then brings mom's food, "so... back from the ball, huh?" Mom nods, "yes I left behind a glass slipper." I add on, "don't forget the business card." Mom nods, "in case the prince is really dumb." Luke plays along, "good and desperate thinking." We then see Jess in Luke's clothes and mom looks at him as she says, "thank you. hmm. Luke." He says, "what?" Then Luke walks up to Jess as I hold in my laugh. Then Luke makes him change. After awhile we end up going home.