Part 60

After school I went to work at Luke's and mom and Rory were picking a movie for the festival. After Taylor leaves Luke soon walks and looks at us all, "hey, listen, have you seen Jess?" I nod, "I think I saw him go up stairs." He nods, "oh, great. Thanks." I look at mom, "more coffee." She nods, "you are an angel, I am definitely going to need it. I mean what are half of these movies." I shake my head, "I have no clue, have fun with that job." She gives me a fake smile and after giving her and Rory coffee I go and take orders.

I have been working all day since school finished and Luke left me and Caesar in charge of the diner. Finally he comes back, "finally, where the hell have you been?" He shrugs, "I was at your house, giving your mom the overly chocolate brownies and asking your sister to help Jess study." I laugh, "and she said yes, you could have asked me." He nods, "I know, but you mostly only remember things because of your memory so she can help more." I scoff, "so your saying if I didn't a photographic memory I would dumb or average compared to my perfect sister. Whatever, I'm clocking out." I throw my apron at him and storm out before he can say a word.

When I get home I page Noah to come round, I go straight to my room and get out of my work clothes. (Outfit above.) Noah then walks straight into my room and sees me huddled up on my bed. I hear him sigh and feel a dip in the bed, "what's wrong kitten?" I turn over so I can see him and pout, "do you think I'm dumb." He shakes his head, "no way, why would I even think that. Your the smartest person I know."

I sit up, "do you think I would be dumb if I didn't have my photographic memory." He takes my hand, "of course not, if that was the really reason you're smart you wouldn't have been such a great tutor to me when I was almost held back. What brought this on." I lay my head on his lap, "just something Luke said, he said he asked Rory to tutor Jess because I only remember things because of my photographic memory so Rory can help more. Why do people always pick Rory in the end."

"Hey that's not true." I nod, "yes it is, mom doesn't admit it but she favours Rory because she's perfect. Dad made it to her debate but not any of my competitions or fashion showcases. Grandma thinks Rory is this golden chid and I'm just like my mother, I can see it in her eyes. I just hate being in her shadow all the time, I can't wait to be in collage because then I can just be me not just the other Gilmore girl."

He shakes his head, "Well I know some people who do love you more then Rory, me, the brigade, and you and your Grandpa seem to get on better, Miss Patty loves you, you are your own person and need to stop comparing yourself to your sister." I nod, "I know, sometimes I just can't help it. I don't mean for it to happen, sometimes it just gets to. I do try to be perfect but I always seem to mess up in some way or an other." He sends me a smile, "you kitten are perfect to me."

I get up, "enough about me, tell me about Cassie." He smiles, "she is amazing, she loves acting as well I've been to her plays and she is amazing. We've been a couple of dates, I really want to ask her out." I smile, "I'm so happy for you, why don't you ask her out." He shakes his head, "I want you to hang out with us first and then you can tell me what you think." I laugh, "dude, come on. I've already met her, I mean we used to eat lunch her with all the time. She's cool, and has always had a huge crush on her." He nods, "I know, but please for me." I nod, 2sure why not."

My door then bursts open and I see a worried mom, "sorry to interrupt, I have to go out. Rory got in an accident, she's in the hospital. She told me it's not serious but I'm going down there." I nod, "do you want me to come as well." She shakes her head, "no, I'll be later tonight with her I think. Noah you can stay round for the night if you want. I'll be back." I send her a small smile, "okay, tell her I love her." Mom nods, "I will, bye."

A/N: Hey guys so I kind of planned for her to eventually have this little break down and I thought this was the perfect moment. I also I am planning on referencing this in the episode Rory decides to pick Yale over Hartford.

Xoxo Maddie.