Part 6 *Edited*

It's Saturday and I feel much better after the song I did last night. My phone rings, "hello?" Then I hear a sigh of relief, "good you're up, I need you to come to Miss Patty's she has a spot for us to practice." I smile, "I'll be right there Happy Feet." I can tell he's shaking his head and I hang up. I get ready in my dance clothes and put my hair up. I see that it's only eight in the morning so I will be the only one up. I leave a note on the fridge and make my way to Miss Patty's.

I get there and after we finished out dance (dance above) Miss Patty walked over to us, "now you two there is a dance competition coming in Hartford and I was thinking of signing you two up. What do you think?" We look at each other and nod. Miss Patty gave us the rest of the day in the studio saying she had no classes today.

It is now Sunday night and mom is painting Rory's toes as she eats whip cream and I am painting my nails. Mom looks at Rory eating the cream, "that's nice. Don't move please." Rory looks at her toes, "so why are insisting on doing this?" Mom doesn't look up and says, "well because, your starting private school tomorrow." Rory shakes her head, "yes, but I'm going to be wearing shoes. Nobody's going to see my feet." I roll my eyes, "you should have got you nails done like me then."

Mom sighs, "okay, but everybody knows that private-school girls are bad. And bad girls always wear red nail polish. Are you two nervous?" I shrug, "kinda. Also mom is it okay if Noah drops me off he said he had a half day and wanted to see the place." Mom just nods and Rory looks at the whip cream, "nervous about what?" I shake my head and mom says, "about starting Chilton." Rory smiles, "well I wasn't until I heard about all those bad girls." Then Lane comes running with a new CD and we leave Rory with her toes only half done.

It's now the morning and Noah should have just left the house so I get ready and leave mom and Rory a note. I wait outside and get in his car, he got it for his birthday this year. "I like the coat you look cool." I shrug, "I want to stand out in some way." He laugh and we spend the car journey singing along to our favourite songs. (coat above.)

We pull up at the school and I look up at the building, "Noah it's bigger then I remember, is that possible." He shakes his head, "nope it shouldn't be. Are you going to go in?" I shake my head, "I have to wait for Rory. I can get out of the car if you want." He shakes his head, "no I can wait with you. Look I have a surprise for you." He hands me a small box and I open it to see a CD with my photo on the front of it, "what is this?" He shrugs, "it's the song you sang Friday night." I look at him shocked, "you recorded that song." He nods and I hug him, "thank you so much Noah, I love it."

I then see the Jeep and Rory and mom stepping out of it. I look at Noah, "wish my luck." I give him a hug and walk over to them only just seeing mom's outfit before she put the coat on, "wow, mum what were you thinking." She sighed, "I had no clean clothes and I woke up late ok. I love the coat by the way." I smile and then some rich people walk past and mom says, "well, we're gonna be best friends."

Rory pulls out a piece of paper and I look over her shoulder, "so, where do we go?" She reads it over, "uh, the Ambroise building." Even the name of it sounds scary. Mom looks around, "which is..." So I jump in, "the big, scary one." Mom throws her arms up, "oh, great. Thanks for the input." I zone out and see this brown haired guy looking at me and he's not in our school uniform. Before I know it this other guy is walking away from us and we are going into the building next to us.

We walk in and I see that everyone looks the same, creativity has died in this school. Mom looks around, "oh, good. More big stuff." I laugh, "I know right this is already so much fun, I won't get lost at all." Mom laughs at me and Rory smiles.

We are now standing outside the headmaster's office door, "you ready." Me and Rory say, "no." So she asks again, "you ready?" This time we say, "yes." We walk in and stand in front of a desk lady, "um... excuse me. oh! How-- wow. Hi. I-I'm Lorelai Gilmore. These are daughters Christina and Lorelai Gilmore. I named this one after me. I was in the hospital all whacked out on Demerol. Never mind. B-b-but we call her Rory. Its short for Lorelai. She'll answer to either one or even 'hey, you,' depending on the-- Is the headmaster here?" She stands up, "one moment." Then mom turns to us, "see, that's what happens when you go to bed with your makeup on." I hold in my laugh and smile at mom. "headmaster Charleston will see you now."

We walk in and we are greeted by who I am guessing is the headmaster, "Ms. Gilmore, I'm Headmaster Charleston." They shake hands, "hi. Wow. It's really nice to meet-- mom." I look over and see grandma sitting there looking at us. She walks over to us, "I came to wish my granddaughters luck on their first day of school. The both of you look wonderful in that uniform! " Mom walks up to Grandma, "you didn't have to come all the way out here, mom." I kind of zoned out the rest I think she somehow knows the headmaster and his wife. All three of us sit down in front of the headmaster and grandma goes on about our grades. Then she and mom leave and mom gives us both a kiss on her way out.