Part 20 *Edited*

It was Friday night dinner and so far grandma found out mom doesn't like avocado, "I'm focusing on you two now. Tell me all about the Chilton formal next week." Mom looks up at the two of us, "there's a formal?" I turn to grandma, "how do you know about the formal?" Mom then also looks at grandma, "yeah, how do you know about the formal?" She shrugs, "I read my Chilton newsletter." Well this won't end well. "since when do you get a Chilton newsletter?" Grandma puts her napkin on the table, "well as a major contributor to Rory and Christina's education, I figured I had the right to ask for a newsletter."

"Are you serious?" Grandma walks out of the room and gets her newsletter, "and it's a good thing, too, since you don't read yours. One of us should be up-to-date on Rory's school." Mom picks at her food, "hey, mom, I read my newsletter." I decide to zone out of this argument and wait for the conversion to go back to the formal. Then mom directs the conversion back to the formal, "so you have a formal coming up?" Rory looks up form her food, "yeah, but I don't think I'm gonna go." I sigh, "well I am even if no one asks me. Louise and Madeline said I could go with them."

Grandma nods at me and then looks at Rory, "nonsense. Of course, you're going." Mom gives her a look, "mom if Rory doesn't wanna go, she doesn't have to go." Grandma keeps persisting, "I don't understand why she wouldn't wanna go." Mom nods, "I know you don't. " Rory then leaves to get a coke and I join her. "so why don't you really wanna go." She sigh, "I don't wanna ask Dean and him say no." I sigh and hold her by the shoulders, "girl power baby. Remember that and you will be good."

We were in the car, "why didn't you two mention the dance." I shrug, "I forgot." Rory nods, "and I'm not going." Mom keeps her eyes on the road, "oh. But Rory why aren't you going?" Rory looks down, "Because I hate dances." That's not what she told me. "Good answer. Except you've never actually been to a dance." By the time we get home Rory decides to ask Dean to the dance, yeah girl power!

I was working on my dress when mom called me down, "hey Hun, look I wanna meet this Finn before the dance." I give her a strange look, "why, he hasn't asked me." She sighs, "what happened to girl power and all that jazz, huh?" I sigh, "you're right, but what if he changed his mind about me and fell for some other dumb blonde." Mom shakes her head, "then he would have to be blind and as dumb as a rock." I pick up the phone and hold it to my ear, "hey Finn it's me." I hear him laugh, "well hello, love. What did I do to owe the pleasure." I laugh, "nothing. It's just we have this dance at Chilton on Saturday. I mean if you're not banned from the school, would you, maybe like to go with me." I see my mom's eyes widen at what I said about him being banned, "I'll pick you up." I hang up the phone.

Mom gives me a look, "how many schools is he banned from." I shrug, "5 maybe 6. Probably more..." She smirks, "you got yourself a bad boy. Now call him back I need to meet him tomorrow." So I call him back, "twice in one night, am I really that irresistible love." I laugh, "very funny. My mom wants to meet you, so why don't you come round for a movie night." Did that sound weird what if he says no, "of course just tell me the time."

It's the next day and I am almost done with the dress. I hear a knock on the door as mom and Rory set up the food. I walk out of my room all dressed and ready for tonight. (outfit above.) I run down the stairs and open the door. "hello Finny boy, what you got there." He shrugged, "just some pizza for the movie." I usher him in, "we have pizza ladies!" Mom gets up, "wow look at you getting the brownie points. I'm Lorelai and this is my other daughter Rory." Rory waves, "nice to finally meet you." We put the pizza on the table and start to watch the best movie of all time 'Newsies.' It was going well and then me and Rory left to get more popcorn.

As I was about to walk back in I heard mom talking to Finn, "look Christina is a good kid. She is loved by the whole of this town. So if you break her heart you will have to consider yourself banned from here. Got it?" He nods, "I would never even think of hurting her." I smile to myself and then wait before walking back in with Rory. The rest of the night went well apart from my mum telling Finn embarrassing stories about me, that by his smirk I knew he was going to remind me of later. I really should have set ground rules.