Part 64

Me and Rory were getting ready downstairs when we hear mom running around upstairs, "mom? What's wrong?" She yells down, "I'm experiencing frustration." Rory packs her bag as I wait for someone else to be ready. Rory asks, "at the state of the world or something in particular?" Mom is now standing a the top of the stairs looking at us, "what do you wear to a graduation?" Rory turns around and looks at mom, "a cap and gown." Mom sighs, "duh. I mean underneath." Rory shrugs and I roll my eyes at her response, "whatever you want. The gown'll cover it."

Mom shakes her head, "it's more complicated than that. I don't wanna overdress, so that I'm sweating if it's hot. If I don't have enough on and it's cold, I'll freeze." Rory nods, "it is complicated if you overthink it." Mom sighs, "I need a helpful comment please." I jump in, "take light layers. Wear your turquoise and tan dress. It will look good without the gown on. And wear your turquoise sweater over it, because it will look great with the dress and it'll keep you warm if it's cold."

Mom smiles, "you are a fashion genius, I love you." I shake my head, "well, you've taught us everything we know." She throws her hands us, "My brains not working today." I smile, "it's because your excited, you are going to be great." Mom nods, "what time are you guys getting there." I shrug, "I will make it as soon as they let me out of school." Rory nods, "same. I have newspaper stuff. I will be no later than 6:00." We make plans to eat after and then me and Rory head for the bus to get to school.

I get to mom's collage and go into a bathroom to get changed out of my uniform. (outfit above.) When I walk out I see a sign pointing to the cap and gown room. I walk in and go up to mom, "mom you look great, is Rory here because I didn't see her at school." Mom shakes her head, "I think she's gonna be late, did you know she invited grandma and grandpa." I shake my head, "she didn't tell me, do you want me to check on them?" She nods, "please and make sure she doesn't go any more over board." I salute and go into the hall.

When the ceremony starts I sit next to Sookie and Jackson and make keep looking for Rory. I lean over to Sookie, "do you see Rory." She sakes her head, "she'll be here hun, you know she wouldn't miss it." When mom gets called on the stage I see grandma crying and mom looks at both of them and smiles proudly and moves her tassel to the other side. After the ceremony mom talks to Sookie and Jackson and then she turns to me, "you were great up there mom." She smiles, "thanks hun, so Rory really didn't make it?" I shake my head and she sighs.

She ends up getting a photo with grandma and grandpa. After them I got a photo and we then went home. When we got there we saw Rory waiting for us out front. I give mom a kiss on the cheek, "I'll be in house." She nods, "I'll call you down when we are leaving for dinner." I nod and give Rory a small smile on my way into the house.