Part 50

School has just finished and Rory went to go and pick up a book from grandpa, me on the other hand went back to Stars Hollow to start work. When I get there Luke smirks, "how you doing this afternoon party girl." I put on my apron, "that was like a week ago Luke let it go." I walk up to the apartment and give Jess and nod before walking into the bathroom to get changed.

After work I walk into the living room to see Rory giving me a sheepish look, "Chris I have something to tell you." I sigh, "well that's a great way to start a sentence. Go on tell me." I sit down and she takes a deep breath, "I told grandma we would go to the DAR's debutante ball, and dad is coming into town to escort us. Don't be mad." I laugh, "calm down Ror, I'll do it if you do. We are Gilmores after all." She suffocates me in a hug, "thank you, thank you." I nod in the hug, "I need to breath." She lets go, "sorry."

It's the next morning and before I go to work I pick up my phone and call my soon to be escort, "hello, kitty cat. What can I do for you this early in the morning." I laugh, "it's not even that early. Look I was thinking you could be my escort to my debutante ball." He laughs, "your joking right? Don't they have to wear gloves and a coat and tail. I'm good thanks kitty, why don't you ask one of the guys. I mean they are big in society." I sigh, "fine, but meet me after."

I hang up the phone and call Finn, "Christy, how can I help you this early in the morning." I roll my eyes, "you think anytime there's sunlight it's early Finn, now I need a favour. Will you be my escort to the debutante ball. Now before you say no, just think about how much you love me. I will totally owe you one." He sighs, "fine, I'll come up with payment and come back to you. Just tell me when you need me."

Rory was trying to convince Dean about wearing a tux with Lane in the living room. Me and Finn are in the living room as well and Finn is coming up an idea of how I can repay him, "I know what you can do, you remember when we were dating you never wanted to come and see wrestling with me." I nod, "yeah, because it's fake and just a badly written story line." He gives me a look before saying, "there's a tour going on in Hartford and New York for the rest of the month. You have to come with me and pay for food and drink." I huff, "fine. I hate you so much." He smirks, "love you too, love."

Just then me and Rory hear the honk of a car and look at each other and say, "dad!" We both leg it out the door and dad and yell, "dad!" He turns to us and says, "whoa! Hold it right there. A lady never runs out to meet a gentlemen caller who hasn't been announced." I smirk, "sorry dad, we haven't tamed our wild way yet." He smirks right back, "well, thank God I'm here now." We both hug him and Rory says, "we missed you." He nods, "me too."

Mom walks over and looks at the car, "hey! What is this?" Dad looks at her confused, "what? Where did this come from?" I nod, "what happened to the bike. I loved the bike." Dad shakes his head at me, "crazy game of key exchange at the car wash." Mom points at it, "this is car." Dad nods, "yes it is." Mom shakes her head, "it has four wheel and a roof and air bags and seat belts, and -- my God, it smells like a forest." Dad walks around to the trunk of the car, "well, I needed a little more space. Had something big to haul. I believe this belongs to you." He pulls outa big ass book and Rory takes it, "the compact oxford English dictionary!"

"I promised you I'd get it, I'm sorry it took do long. On the bright side, this is the new edition. If I'd gotten the old one, you wouldn't have the word 'jiggy' in it." Rory has the biggest smile on her face, "thank you! I'm gonna go look up things right now!" When she leaves dad turns to me, "now, I know I didn't promise you a present but I got you something." My face brightens up, "really? What'd you get me." He hands me a black box, "open it." I open it and gasp (gift above), "it's beautiful." He laughs, "open it." I open the locket and on one side it has a picture of mom and Rory and on the other side it's dad, "thank you so much! I'll never take it off. I need to get ready for work, but I'll see you later." I kiss him on the cheek and get ready.