Part 56

Rory had her big debate today and dad is meant to be in town for it, now I get to ask him in person to come and watch me in nationals. I had the last period off school today because Tim Gunn wanted to meet up with me to talk about my designs, it is going to be amazing. He's only in Hartford for today then he has to go back to Manhattan. (Outfit above.) I meet him in a cute small café in Hartford, "thank you for coming Christina, it's my last day in town and I wanted to have a look at your sketches."

I smile, "it's fine really, this is such an honour." I had him my sketch book and he smiles, "these are much better then the pink outfits, how many have you made?" I shrug, "around half, some of the ones in there I did when I was around ten. I normally hate working with pink but I like how the outfits turned out." He nods, "yes well, I loved the jacket the most out of them all. You have a very bright future and I can't wait to see you application for an internship." Then his taxi came and he had to leave.

I was now back at home watching TV and I get a call from Rory telling me dad and his girlfriend are coming round. I rush up to my room and start to clean. I hear mom and Rory come in and run downstairs, "you get the living you, I'll get the kitchen." Rory responds, "what about the upstairs?" Mom goes into the kitchen and says, "I'll body block the fool." I shake my head, "I did the upstairs, well almost all of it." Rory sighs, "company is stressful." Mom shouts, "don't forget your room! She wants to see the books and Chris's designs." Rory and me clean the living room and she says, "I'll hit it next." I say, "I have my sketchbook down here from my meeting." Mom then shouts, "yeah, tell me how that went later!" I shout back, "will do!"

We end up setting up leftover Halloween candy for them and then there's a knock on the door and we hear dad, "hello? Need some more time to clean up?" I sigh, "he knows us too well." Put on our smiles and go to the door and Rory says, "come on in. How'd you know we were cleaning?" Dad closes the door, "when you cut us off in the parking lot and sped off, I figured you were trying to beat us home for a reason." Sherry hold out her hand, "it's great to meet you Chris, can I call you that." I take her hand and smile, "yes you can, and it's nice to meet you as well."

Sherry smiles, "I hope we're not ruining your day." Mom shakes her head, "oh, no, we love company, please, come in." She looks around, "house is great." Mom nods, "thanks, we like it. Have a seat." We sit down and Sherry turns to me, "Chris, I hear you are a designer." I nod, "yeah, I actually had to miss the debate because I won this textile club thing and I got a meeting with Tim Gunn." Dad smiles, "wow, that sounds amazing. What outfits won." I give them a small smile, "Have a look for yourself." I hand them both my sketch and Sherry smiles, "you are very talented and Tim Gunn is a big deal. Also Rory, you were wonderful in the debate today." Rory nods, "thanks."

Dad laughs, "that Paris was a little intense." Mom smirks, "little? The opposing team could bring her up on war crimes." I laugh, "sounds like a normal day at Chilton." Rory adds on, "her approach will come in handy when she becomes a CEO or a dictator of a country or something." I shake my head, "I would not want to live there." Then Sherry compliments Rory, "you were very poised up there, very sure of yourself, just like your dad." Dad then gestures to mom, "and your mom." Mom fake blushes, "aw, shucks, paw."

Sherry and mom left to make the drinks and I turn to dad, "hey dad, if I tell you the date do you think you could come and watch my dance nationals, you can bring Sherry." He nods, "I would love to, send us the tickets and we will both be there. I would love to watch you live instead of on a video. So are you gonna intern for Tim Gunn over the summer." I shrug, "the summer is forever away, I think I'll apply and see what happens." Rory nudges me, "you will so get it, no question about it."

By the time they start to leave me and Rory are getting out of Friday night and bonding with Sherry. I walk them out and see Logan walking to the door, "hey Chris, sorry you have company." Dad shakes his head, "we were just leaving." I nod, "yeah, Logan this is my dad and his girlfriend Sherry. Guys this is Logan a friend of mine." Dad shakes his hand, "friend? Huh? Are you also friends with Finn, if so I think--" I cut him off, "bye dad." He sighs and kisses my cheek, "bye sweetie." Sherry waves, "I'll see you tonight." I nod and they leave. Me and Logan just hangout at Luke's and then I had to get ready.

A/N: Hey guys, please comment what you think and ideas you of what you want to see next part.

Xoxo Maddie.