Part 37

I walk out of the room and see Rory also in her PJ bottoms, "couldn't find your skirt either, huh?" She nods, "nope, maybe grandma took it to wash. Now come on I'm starved." I laugh, "me too, let's go."

We walk in, "good morning." Grandma turns around, "girls, good morning." I smile, "hey, grandma, any thought on where our skirts might be?" She nods, "I gave them to Rosa to press. Have some breakfast. Your skirts will be done by the time you're finished." We sit down, "okay." She puts down her orange juice, "now, we have eggs, fruit, toast, pancakes, blintzes." Rory shakes her head with a smile, "anything would be fine." Grandma returns the smile, "what do you usually eat?" I shrug, "mostly we just grab a pop-tart." She nods, "that sounds delicious. I'll have Rosa whip one up." I hold in my laugh and Rory stops her saying, "no, eggs would me great." I nod, "I'll have pancakes." She nods and gets up, "I'll go tell her."

I turn to grandpa, "so, grandpa, what's new in the world today?" He doesn't looks up from the paper as he says, "as usual, it's going to hell in a handbasket." Rory smiles, "it's nice to have something you can count on." He looks up and laughs, "it is, at that. Would you like part of the paper?" we both nod and say, "please." As we take a piece grandma walks in, "your eggs and pancakes will be right out." We nod, "thanks."

She sits back down, "so did you sleep well." I nod, "yeah, it was like sleeping on a cloud." Rory nod in agreement, "the bed was very comfortable." She looks at us, "but you didn't sleep well." I nod, "no, we did, we just--" She interrupts me, "I talked to your mother last might. I told her you were going to stay here. She said she'd call." Rory looks at her, "was she mad?" Grandma pauses before saying, "she was concerned. So do you get your lunch at school or do you bring it with you? Because Rosa made a fabulous leg of lamb. I bet it would make a wonderful sandwich." I nod and grandpa puts down his paper, "take her up on that, it is good. And demand a slice of strudel."

I turn to grandma, "okay. We demand some strudel." Grandma nods, "good, So what's going on at school today?" Rory sighs, "uh, I have a test in Spanish." Grandpa hums, "are you prepared?" Rory nods, "oh, yeah. I like Spanish. Biology on the other hand..." he nods, "I'm still waiting for the day when my knowledge of the inner workings of a frogs intestinal system can be applied to my work in the incurrence industry." I nod, "perhaps if you were insuring a frog." He nods, "ahh." Grandma turns to me, "anything going on for you today Christina." I nod, "I have dance practice. We a competing for the solo in one of are upcoming performances." She smiles, "your a Gilmore, you'll get it easily."

Then Rose comes in with our food, "thank you." I look at the pancakes, "these look great. Thanks again for letting us stay." Grandma smiles, "It's nice having you here. You guy got your grandfather to put down his newspaper at the breakfast table. That's a first." Grandpa sighs, "oh, now, Emily!" She drinks her tea, "well, it is."

I was now back at my grandparent's house and I am in my room there laying on the bed and Rory was in her room. I got the solo and the first thing I wanted to do was tell me mom, but I couldn't. I hope she comes soon so I can make it up to her. I guess I never realised how hard it must be to see me drunk or hung over. (dance she did above.)

The door opened and I saw mom, I jumps off the bed and hug her, "hey sweetie." I hold on tight, "I am so sorry." I let go and we sit down, "I just came form Rory's room." I nod, "mom, you were right. I mean I never thought what my partying did to you and I am just horrible for that." She shakes her head, "no, look I did worse at your age. I mean I got pregnant, not saying you should. All I mean is I think I am willing to give your new friends a chance." My face brightens up, "really? Great, what about a movie night. You can pick the movie." She hums, "what about 'the breakfast club.'" I nod, "sounds good to me."

Me and Rory get our things and go to the door with mom, "thank you guys so much." Grandma shakes her head, "it was out pleasure." Mom looks at grandpa, "what do I owe you for the cab." He waves it off, "don't worry about that." We hug grandpa and Rory says, "thank you for sharing your paper." He smiles, "anytime." Mom looks at grandma, "and thank you mom." Grandma nods back, "of course. they're our granddaughters." Mom smiles at them, "alright. We'll see you tomorrow night." Grandma nods, "7:00" Mom tilts her head, "really? 7:00 I wasn't sure." Grandma sighs, "goodbye, Lorelai." We start to leave, "goodbye."

I lean forward from the back seat, "I was almost tempted to see if she could make a pop-tart." Mom smiles at us, "wow, home-cooked breakfast, homemade lunch. I'm trying to remember why I left there. Oh, yeah -- my parents." Rory shakes her head, "funny, funny girl." Rory gets out at Lane's, "I'll meet you back at the house." I hold in my laugh and mom says, "excuse me?" Rory smiles, "I'll show up this time." Mom nods, "we'll have pizza waiting."

We get home and mom picks up the phone, "mom, I'll go call my friends about movie night." She nods, "they're not all guys right." I nod, "nope, ones a girl" She shakes her head with a smile and I call all my friends on my phone to see when they can come.