Part 62

Me and Noah we were walking around when I stop, "Noah come look at this, they took the boards off the windows in that new shop. Let's have a look." He walks over and looks in the window, "I think I see a bass, and a drum set. It's a music shop." My eyes widen, "what about your parent's music shop." He shrugs, "didn't I tell you, they converting it into a full on recording studio. They are hoping to get some up and coming artists to sign. As you manger I already got your name down."

I laugh, "since when were you my manger." He shakes his head, "I've always been your manger, wasn't I the one making CDs and the one that got you that gig in the gazebo." I nod, "and have I been paying you." He nods, "you do give me free fries when I come to the diner." I smile, "that's only because we always make too many, they would just end up thrown away otherwise. Come on let's go." He nods and we start to walk back to his house.

The next day the shop opened and I looked in on my way to my way to Miss Patty's after school and I see Lane sitting at the drums. I smile happy she found her calling, now that I think about it me and Lane don't really talk anymore. I shrug to off and carry on walking before Noah kills me for being late.

When I got home I saw Rory in the living room and she looked annoyed. I sit next her, "what's wrong twiny?" She gives me a small smile, "you haven't called me that in forever." I shrug, "I know, but your upset, tell me what's wrong." She sighs, "everyone blames Jess, I mean I was the one that told him to keep driving." I pull her in for a cuddle, "hey, I for one don't blame anyone. From what I saw from Jess he would never intentional hurt you or the car. If anyone's fault it's the animals, I say we it find it and lock it behind bars." She laughs and sits up, "thanks I needed that."

It's now Friday and we are all going to Grandpa's cocktail party. (Outfit above.) On the way we stop and a drivethrough and mom hands Rory the food as I am sitting in the back, "here." Rory sighs, "you know, there will be food there." Mom waves her off, "finger food-- Aka 'snooty little balls of attitude.'" I shake my head, "oh boy." Mom gets in the car, "I need real food-- peasant food. Hearty bread, meat, chees, little pickle chips, a sauce-- a special sauce. This is the food that sustains me--"

Rory interrupts her, "oh God. Just eat the burger already." Mom takes it out of hand, "wow, crabby." I lean back and Rory huffs, "I'm not." Mom throws her hands up, "I didn't even get through my special-sauce speech. That's crabby." Rory nods, "sorry." Mom asks, "does you arm hurt?" She shakes her head, "no I'm just tired I guess." Mom nods, "alright, we won't stay very long. Just long enough to get 5 or 6 withering stares frim my dad, and be taken down 3 or 4 notches by my mother, and than we're outta there."

She then takes a bite out of the burger and pulls a face I ask, "bad?" She starts the car and nods, "really bad. I swear Luke better come back soon, or I'm gonna starve to death." I nod, "yep, and if he doesn't I will have no money, I need money to live." Mom laughs and starts the car, "so you and him made up. Noah said you were mad at him." I huff, "Noah has a big mouth, and no we have not. Come on we are gonna be late." Rory looks at me from the front, "what happened?" I sigh, "I am not talking about this." Then Rory and mom argue about Jess and the accident being his fault. I don't know I kind of zoned out.

When we got there I looked around and wanted to die because of all the frilly ugly coloured clothes. It was a lot of people in a very small office. Mom and went to get a drink and me and Rory sat in corner. After awhile mom came back and Grandma saw Rory's arm. Rory ended up exploding because everyone thought it was Jess's fault. Her and mom ended going outside and I could hear the yelling from in the office. I try to ignore it and told grandpa about Tim Gunn and he assures me I'll get it.

A/N: So I am trying to keep Chris out of the Jess thing and this episode is all about that, so it's kind of bad. I promise next chapter will be much better. Also I know I have been updating a lot today and the reason is I don't think I am going to be updating tomorrow because I am behind in my school work. I left it to the last minute and I will have to see if I have time to update tomorrow if not I am updating loads today.

Xoxo Maddie.