Part 14 *Edited*

It's Friday night dinner and Grandpa wasn't here. We were at the table eating when mom asks, "so where'd you say dad was?" Grandma eats some of her food, "away on business." I resist the urge to roll my eyes and mom asks, "Location's top-secret?" I hold in my laugh and turn to Grandma, "oh, Germany." I nod my head and go back to my food. I lift my head when mom says, "Germany. Is dad's firm insuring Nazis now?" I shake my knowing this won't end well. "Your father doesn't know any Nazis." I sigh and mom continues to talk, "I know mom. I was just--" She stops herself and Grandma looks confused, "what." I jump in, "Joking-- she was joking."

We then move on when Grandma says, "Oh, I'm afraid I have some bad news-- Claudia died." Mom looks confused, "who?" I have a feeling this is also not going to end well. "Claudia, your cousin, Claudia. Claudia!" Mom just look confused, "I'm hearing the name mom. I have no idea who that is." "Claudia's your cousin, for intents and purposes." Mom nods and smiles, "oh, now we're gettin' to it." "she was your father's grandmother's sister's girl. So to you that would make her--" wow you learn something new every day. Mom interrupts her thinking "nothing?" I sigh wanting this night to end so I can go home sleep and dance all of tomorrow with Noah we need the practice. "Regardless, the funeral's on Thursday. I thought we would all go together."

Me and Rory give her shy smiles and mom says, "two problems. One, impossible to get away from the inn on Thursday. Two, I've never met this women." Grandma looks at her smiling, "you most certainly have." Mom raises her eyebrows, "when?" They then started talking about when mom had met her.

Then I hear Rory's name and listen, "Rory correct me is I'm wrong, men have walked on the moon regardless of weather your mother remembers or not." She shrugs, "that's the rumour." I sigh as mom continued to say she was not going because she didn't know the women. We have a short silence and the grandma says, "oh, wait -- Rudolph Gottfried." Mom looks at her, "another cousin?" grandma shake her head, "no, a Nazis we know. I'd forgotten. We stayed with him once in Munich. Nice old man-- interesting stories " My eyes widen in shock, and so do mom's, "mom, you socialized with a know Nazi? That's despicable! That's Heinous!" Grandma shakes her head, "no, dear, that was a joke." I burst out laughing and grandma sends me a smile and mom sends me a playful glare.

I walk downstairs in my uniform and sit at the table with mom and she looks mad. Rory walks out of her room and I hear music blasting from her radio and my best guess is Lane is here. Mom speaks up, "hey, I have an idea for a new reality show. How about everyone just looks out their friggin' kitchen window for a change?" I laugh and Rory gets an apple, "ooh, she's cranky this morning." I take a cup of coffee and mom continues, "let's just say the world's got a formidable opponent."

I look up from my coffee, "wait, shouldn't you be baking." Rory turns arounds and nods to my statement. Mom shrugs, "I don't know. Shouldn't you be knitting?" I sigh and Rory crosses her arms, "mom, the Chilton bake sale is today!" Mom give a blank look, "I know I got it covered." I huff, "They expect things to be homemade. By someone other than Dolly Madison." Mom sighs, "I said I have it covered!" Rory starts to lecture her and I go into the living room realising what mom meant. She meant Sookie had it covered.

We walk out the house and I leave just before them and meet Noah at the bus stop. I jump on his back and he puts me down, "hey kitty cat we need to hang out outside of practice, you just seem really busy." I nod, "well Noah no need to worry, I was told by Finn that a meeting might be happening soon." He smiles, "good I need out of my house. Maybe you can stop by the shop after school, you could record that song you did in front of the brigade, and any others you want." I nod, "that would be great I've been working on some new stuff, see you later." I give him a hug and get on my bus with my sister.

I see a guy looking at my sister and he sits behind her and I slowly move away and sit on the other side of the bus. I zone out their cuteness knowing I'm gonna get it out of her later. I put my headphones on and listen to music the rest of the way to school.

It was time for the bake sale and I was looking at all the food Sookie made. I mean it took up three tables. She started to explain what we was there, "okay. We've got our French fantasies. American treats. And our Italian taste sensations. Well, what do you think?" I look at everything, I was in awe. "amazing." "incredible." "fantastic." We all say. Sookie smiles, "It is good, isn't it? Well, final touch..." I see her pull out something that sets the food on fire on something and then before you know it the table is on fire and mom puts in out with the lemonade from the stand next to us paying them.

I walk away and find someone to talk to. I soon find a girl named Rachel, we became friend through the brigade. I walk over and she bows, "my Queen." I laugh, "ah my most loyal lady. I was lonely until I found you." She laugh and we walked around buying food and laughing about the brigade.

I get home and go to the music store. I say hi to Noah's dad and then walk into the back and I see Noah waiting for me, "ready Kitty Cat." I nod my head and record the song I did at the brigade and then I sing my newest song. (Song above.) I walk back over to Noah and he smiles, "so things are good with you and Finn then." I have a goofy smile on my face and nod. Noah just shakes his head, "he hurts you I'll kill him." I pinch his cheeks, "me and you both know you don't have a violent bone in your body." He pouts, "rude."

.