Part 24

A/N I am going to be skipping some of the episodes because I don't know how to fit Christina in them.

It was been awhile and me and grandpa finally picked at date to go to the club. I feel like I want to get to know him more and this is the right way to do that. I get the bus and knock on my grandparent's door. It opens to show a new maid and she welcomes me in.

I walk into the living room to see grandma and grandpa. "hi grandma, grandpa." They smile and grandpa gets up, "are you ready, I have the golf clubs already in the car." I nod and we make our way to the door and say goodbye to grandma. "Hey grandpa is this an ok outfit, I wasn't too sure." He smiles, "it's perfect." (outfit above.)

We start to walk around the grounds, "wow this is so beautiful. Is it hard to become a member?" He smiles, "do you want to become one?" I shrug, "maybe, so I can getaway and clear my head." He nod thoughtfully, "well everyone has to go through a screening process." I nod, "I might become a member. I have some money saved up." He shakes his, "if you want I can pay." My face brightens up, "that would be amazing thank you." I hug him and he laughs at my excitable ways.

We get to the right place and I get out my driver club. I line it up to the hole and get it in. I have a smile on my face and grandpa claps, "very well done. Better then your sister anyhow." I smile, "what can I say, my friend went through a phase of liking golf and dragged me into it. It's fun when you're good at it."

After a round we were walking to the steam rooms, "Now Christina tell me about yourself, what do you want to do." I shrug, "I know I want to go to Yale, but I'm stuck on what to study." He nods, "you know I went to Yale, every Gilmore has for generations. What are you're options." I sigh, "well I have three, I mean one no one knows I'm even considering. The three are dance, textiles, and music." He raises an eyebrow, "music? I didn't know you had an interest in that." I shrug, "not many know, but I love to sing. My friend's parents own a music shop so I record music there. I have CDs if you want to listen." He smiles, "I would love to."

We walk in silence until he breaks it, "so are you joining your sister and mom backpacking." I nod, "yeah, I'm so excited. I want to go to all the famous dance halls and see the shows. I also can't wait to see all of the tourist attractions, you know to get some inspiration. The thought of it just sounds amazing. I also can't wait to see Fez." He nods, "I have travelled a lot, it is something you will never forget."

We reach the steam room and he checks his watch, "we'll back here in 40 minutes?" I nod, "sounds good to me." He nods, "then we can get lunch." I smile, "sounds great." I get in a towel and sit in the steam room. "hi you must be Christina, I'm Peggy and this is Nannette. You sister was in here awhile ago." I smile and sit, "that's me, not many guess that we're sisters." They smile, "well you have those Gilmore eyes." I nod and they go back to gossiping.

I walk to meet Grandpa and we go to lunch and I tell him what I heard, "she caught him in the pool house with the tennis pro, not the riding instructor." He looks shocked, "I had no idea." I nod, "that committee of yours is not looking at people as much as you think." He scoffs, "why would they? from what you've told me they're all involved. In one nefarious activity after another." I scoff and nod, "it's a conspiracy."

He nods, "it's 'Peyton place.' Is there more?" He leans in and I say, "can you handle it?" He nods, "I'll steel myself." I nod back, "okay. Mr. Neville likes all thing frilly." He sighs and puts his head in his hands, "good God. He's my broker." I cross my arms, "I don't think one will affect the other."

Then two men around grandpa's age walk over to us, "mind if we barge in?" Grandpa smiles at them, "well, look who's here. Ah, Cristina this is Julian Johnson and Edward James." One of them nods, "call me Ed." The other one smiles, "you can call me Ed too." Then they start to laugh and I smile, "it's nice to meet you."

"would you care to join us." Grandpa asks. Ed gestures to me, "if Christina doesn't mind us intruding." I shake my head, "no, that's fine." they then take a seat, "so we hear you're attending Chilton. That's a hard school." I sigh and nod, "yes, sir." Grandpa reads the menu, "Christina is an excellent student-- 4.0 grade-point average." I give a shy smile. Julian looks shocked, "whoa! That's got me beat!" The two of them start to laugh. grandpa looks up, "she's going to Fez someday." They look confused, "Fez? What the hell is in Fez?" He looks at them, "that's for her to find out." We smile at each other.

It was now Friday night dinner and I got Noah to get a copy of one of my songs. I kept it hidden and we knocked on the door. I asked grandpa not to tell anyone about me singing. The only reason I hide it is because I want it be just a me thing for now. Now I can talk to another person about it I feel good. When I sing I feel vulnerable and exposed.

We walk in and I go straight to grandpa, "hey I have it." He nods with a smile, "follow me. We will be right back." They all look confused and he takes me into his study. "do you have a CD player?" He nods and takes it out, "I got one just for this." I smile and put the CD in. It's the one called exhale, the one I made after the first Friday night dinner. (video above.) After the song ends he claps and had tears in his eyes, "that was wonderful. I think we should return, may I keep it." I nod, "I already have my own copy at home."

We walk back into the living room and they all turn to us. Grandma smiles, "what was that about." I shrug, "nothing important, I promised grandpa I would show him something when we were at the club." With that grandpa changes the subject and we have a normal Friday night dinner.