Part 53

It is now the day before my textiles showcase and I am working on the jacket for the final look. My mom knocks on my door, "I come bearing coffee." I look up form my sewing machine, "thanks mom. Did the white fabric come in for the final dress." Mom shakes her head, "not yet, it should be here in an hour at most. Why don't you take a break, tell mommy what the theme is or finally show me a piece of clothing." I shake my head, "no way, you have to wait. I want it all to be a surprise." I cover the sewing machine up so she can't see.

She sighs and sits on my bed, "fine, but at least tell me why we are getting so much pink fabric. I thought you hated working with that colour." I take a sip of coffee, "I do, but we all had to pick a colour out of a hat and base our three outfits on it. I got pink." She nods, "that explains it, so I will be back to tell you when we are leaving to go to Luke's for dinner." I nod, "sounds good." I get back to the jacket, I think this is going to take me the longest time.

Mom knocked on my door and the three of us walk down to Luke's. When we all sit down Luke comes to take our order and looks at me, "Chris look at you, I almost forgot what you looked like." I roll my eyes, "I'm sorry Lukey, but with school work and this fashion project I have been so busy. I barely get time to see my friends, I mostly just call them. Forgive me." I give him puppy dog eyes and mom points to me, "how could you deny that face." He sighs, "three burgers and fries and pie." Rory nods, "yep."

When we got home I finished the white dress and was up until midnight putting the finishing touches to the jacket. I woke up to my clock going off telling me it's Monday. I drag myself out of bed and get ready. I pack my bag and take the dress bags that have my designs in them and go downstairs. I kiss my mom on the cheek saying morning and grab my poptart and coffee to go. As I start to leave mom stops me, "oi, it's way to early to leave." I shake my head, "I have to drop the designs off and do the final fitting. Bye, love you!" As I close the door a hear a love you back.

I walk out and see Logan out front, I get in the car, "you Logan, are a life saver." He pulls out the driveway, "yeah well, Finn is still sleeping off last night with a redhead. You know Finn, if the sun is out it's too early." I nod, "trust me, I know. I'm sorry I haven't been out." He shakes his head, "don't worry about it Tina, we get this is important." I give him a small smile, "thanks Logan." When we get to school I give him a kiss on the cheek goodbye and go into school.

I hang the dresses up and wait for Rachel and a girl named Lizzy from French class. When they get here I make the last adjustments to their dresses. Lizzy is in the first one and Rachel is in the second one. When they get changed back Rachel smiles, "they look amazing, so who is wearing the final outfit." I smile, "me of course, I love it so much and I worked the hardest on that jacket. I am so keeping it, if you girls like your outfits you can keep them." Lizzie nods, "thanks, I'll see you guys later." (outfits above.)

After a long school day the runway is finally happening, they tell us the line up and it turns out I will be closing the whole show. I look out in the crowed and see all of the boys, my grandparents, my mom, Rory, Sookie, and Luke. I give them a small wave and then get back to work. I go into hair and makeup and then when I am in the outfit I just watch everyone else's. The colour order went, black, white, yellow, green, red, blue, purple, and then me pink.

As soon as Lizzy walked out I felt my heart in my throat. After Rachel I went out as the final look and when we all walked together the whole crowd was on their feet. After the show I walked over to everyone and they all said how proud they were.

I then feel I tap on my shoulder and see my textile teacher and Tim Gunn! "Tim, this is the winner Christina Gilmore." He offers me his hand and I take it, "you line of clothes was fabulous." I have the biggest smile on my face, "thank you, I am a huge fan of yours, and I watch project runway religiously." He smiles, "well, if you ever need a letter of recommendation or internship for the summer call me." He hands me his card and then walks away with my teacher.

I turn around to my mom and Rory we walk out the room and then start jumping up and down. "Chris, Tim Gunn just offered you a summer internship!" I nod with a huge smile, "I know mom, I mean Ms said the winner got to intern with Tim Gunn but I thought she was lying." After telling everyone I go home and collapse on my bed from the day with a smile on my face.

A/N: Tell me what you think of the outfits and tell me what you think about her going to Tim Gunn for an internship. Also give me your thoughts on that cute little moment between Logan and Christina.

Xoxo Maddie.