Part 23 *Edited*

It was the night of the Christmas party and I decide I don't want to go, I'm not in the mood to pretend to be happy. I walk down as Rory leaves, and I run after her. "wait! Can you tell grandma thanks. She'll know what for." Rory gives me a small smile and nods. I walk back inside and lay on mom's lap. "I wanna watch a movie. I also wanna eat pizza." Mom nods and we put a random movie on and order the pizza.

It's been an hour and the pizza still isn't here so mom rings Jo the pizza guy. I lay on the sofa and hum the song I made yesterday. Mom gives up and we try and find something to eat in the kitchen. Mom hears Dean at Rory's window and I leave to give them space. I hear mom yell she's going to Luke's but I stay at home instead.

Halfway through my tenth episode of 'that 70s show' the phone rings. I pick it up and hear mom's voice, "hey kid. Grandpa's in the hospital and Luke's driving me there do you wanna lift." I was in shock and then I say, "no it's fine I can get one." I hang up and dial the one person I need the most right now. "hey Finn. I need you to pick me up. My grandpas in the hospital. See you then." I wait outside and he comes.

As we drive I look out the window, "I'm sorry for calling you. I just knew you'd answer." He smiles, "I will always answer, love. Look I'm sorry for everything, I had to think and I was just scared by what Tristan said so I pushed you away." I nod, "it doesn't make it better. I do get it though." Finn nods, "I wanna be with you and only you." I shake my head, "I need space. After this I'm just gonna need space." He sighs, "I'll wait." I give him a small smile and start to think about my grandpa, "Finn I'm--" He sighs and takes my hand, "I know, love. I know."

I walk in the hospital with Finn behind me. I listen and hear my grandma. I walk faster and see her and mom, "how is he?" Grandma and mom look at Finn before mom says, "a lady just went to find how things are, I need to fill these in. Now mom tell me what happened?" Grandma sighs, "I don't know what happened. He was hot, and he went to turn down the thermostat-- were you both on dates." I look at Finn and step away, "not me, he just a gave me a ride. We're gonna go find some coffee." I dragged Finn away, before Luke killed him.

We were trying to get the machine to work when Rory came. She looked at the two of us, "are two back together?" I shake my head, "no he just gave me a lift." Finn nods, "I should go. I hope everything goes ok." I nod and he leaves. Rory raises an eyebrow, "what happened there." I sigh, "I called, he came. He said he only wants to be with me. I said I need space after tonight." She hugs me and I hug her back, "mom said he's gonna be fine." I smile, "thank God."

We walk back with soup. Mom tells us grandpa is allowed visitors and we make our way into the room. Rory starts to read him the paper and I hold his hand, "hey maybe when you get better you can take me to the club. My friend Noah used to make me go to the driving range every week for a year." He smiles, "I would like that." I smile back, "and maybe lunch too?" He nods and we continue to listen to Rory.

Grandma then asks us to save the rest of the paper for later. I walk over to grandpa, "If we hug you is it gonna hurt." Grandpa goes all serious, "pain is a part of life." I smile and we hug him. Grandma puts an arm around us, "These girls like you." He laughs, "well, they have good taste." After that we leave the room.

The doctor comes and we all walk in and I see mom already there. "well, Richard, it looks like we're going to be stuck with you for a while longer. It was just a touch of angina." I smile and grandma starts to nag him, "but you have to watch your diet." the doctor nods, "yes that's going to be very important. No more red meat, heavy desserts, and you're going to have to exercise regularly." Grandpa smiles and grandma adds, "golf doesn't count." I have a huge smile on my face, he's going to be ok.

We walk out and me and Rory smile at mum, "he's gonna be fine." Mom smiles back, "yeah, I think it was those financial papers and future plans that really did the trick. So, Luke's gonna take you home. I'm gonna hang out here for awhile." I nod, "tell him goodbye for me and to give me a call to set a date." Mom smiles, "I will."

I hope you liked this part please comment what you would like to see next.