Part 27

It's been a couple of weeks since my dad left and he hasn't missed one call. Every time he calls I tell him about what's happening in town, I tell him whatever Paris did to annoy me, and I tell him all the romantic stuff me and Finn do. Lately Finn has been the best boyfriend ever, we go on long walks in the wood, we go on picnics, walk around Stars Hollow, and he takes me to expensive restaurants for dinner. I am on top of the world.

Finn offered to drive me home after school, so instead of taking the bus I got in him car. When I get in he gives me a kiss, "I missed you." I smirk, "I know, I mean how could you not." He rolls his eyes, "alright cocky, lets get you home." We leave the school and I singing along to the radio, until Finn turns it off, "hey! That was my song." He laughs, "sorry. I need to know, what are you doing Friday night." I shrug, "usual Friday night dinner with the Grandparents. Why?" He smirks, "I wanted to do something." I laugh, "why? You know I can never do Friday."

He shrugs, "what if you had a really good reason." I turn to him, "like what? I can't lie again they would never believe me." He looks at the road smiling, "what about your three month anniversary with your boyfriend." My eyes go wide, "what! Oh my God I am the worst girlfriend ever." He shakes his head, "no you are not. I just thought this whole thing started on your birthday." We pull up at my house, "I will try my best. Mr boyfriend." He laughs, "why thank you Miss girlfriend."

I walk into the house and then into the kitchen, "I'm home!" I see mom looking at a box to help make hamburgers. Rory walks in as well with wide eyes and I look at mom and shake my head, "no. Put that away." Rory nods along, mom looks up at us, "I want to cook." Rory sighs, "you can make soup." Mom shakes her head, "no, I want to really cook like on the food channel. I want to sauté things and chop thing, and I want to arrange thing on a plate. I wanna be the Iron chef" Me and Rory smile, "fine." Her face lights up, "really?" We cross our arms and nod, "yeah, we'll help." She looks on the box, "okay... I need a pan."

I walk away looking for a pan and I say, "and a fire extinguisher." Rory smiles and mom continues reading the box and says, "funny, funny girl. Now, if I'd only bought some hamburgers..." I roll my eyes and Rory looks at mom, "you didn't buy hamburgers." She smiles, "yes, I brought hamburgers. I just like saying things like that so you look at me like I'm crazy."

I close the oven after looking for a pan and look at mom, "so why the sudden need to be domestic?" Mom opens the fridge, "I don't know. I'm in a funky mood." Rory starts to look in the cupboard, "why?" Mom looks for the hamburgers, "Too many stars. too much love. It makes me cranky." I move to a different cupboard and look back at mom, "you haven't heard from Mr Medina." Mom sits down at the table, "no, I haven't." I sigh, "maybe that's why you're cranky." She smiles over to me, "okay, new subject please." I look back at the cupboard and Rory turns to mom, "you have a phone also." Mom tries to change the topic, "how's it coming with that pan." I smirk, "Cleopatra, Queen of denial." Mom looks at the two of us, "the pan checking. Please."

I sigh, "fine. New topic." Me and Rory sit down and mom smiles, "thank you." I found out that Rory also has her three month anniversary with Dean, "we have this huge favour to ask you." Mom smirks, "something I can hold over your head. Let's hear it." I sigh, "well, Friday night is both mine and Rory's three month anniversary with our boyfriends." Mom nods and drinks some coffee, "three months? Wow. I'm guess you don't count the break up." I send her a playful glare, "nope." Rory jumps in, "and Dean has something big, fancy evening planned, and I'm sure Finn does as well."

Mom nods, "very classy of them." She nods, "yes, it is, but for us to actually partake of the fancy evening, we have to get out of Friday-night dinner," Mom nods, "ah. Good luck with that. Do you know how much Emily Gilmore will not care about your three month anniversary?" I give mom puppy dog eyes, "we were think you could talk to her." Mom shakes her, "don't give me them eyes, if there was a runoff between what Emily Gilmore would care about less-- a two-for-one paper sale or your anniversary-- your anniversary would win. Hands down." I pout, "you're not even gonna try to help?" She nods, "no. I'm gonna try because I care. Emily Gilmore, however..." Rory interrupts, "phone please." She sighs, "okay."