Part 43

It was finally here, the state competition. I get up at five and go on a run with Noah. We then go to Luke's around six and he makes us our smoothies. We then go to Miss Patty's for a final practice, I got home around nine like last time and walk in to see them drinking coffee. Mom looks up at me, "I would offer you some, but you can't have any." I shrug, "I'll live. Are Grandma and Grandpa coming?" Mom nods, "yeah they confirmed it yesterday. Now go get a shower you smell." I shake my head at her and get in a shower.

After my shower I get changed in a tank top and leggings. We meet Noah and Miss Patty at hers and get in the van. Mom huffs, "I still hate the getting up early. Why can't they start at night time, you young lady are going to be the death of me." I roll my eyes, "well I just finished making my dance outfit last night and I love it." Miss Patty smiles, "you are gonna rock that stage the both of you."

When we get there we get changed. (Outfit above.) We walk out the changing rooms and see Kaylee and Josh, "hey guys." They smile and Kaylee says, "no hard feelings right? You know for when we kick your asses." My eyes widen and I then put my game face on, "did you forget who you were talking to. Have fun being second" They get called on stage and they're okay. We then get called up and do our best dance yet. (Dance above.) We get a standing ovation and bow and then walk off the stage.

We wait back stage for the last performance and now the top two couple are standing on the stage. It was us and Kaylee and Josh. I really don't know what changed with them but decided to put it down to head games. The announcer walks up to the podium and reads from the envelope, "the duo representing Connecticut at nationals is.... Christina and Noah!" Everyone in the area stand up and cheers. They hand me flowers and Noah the trophy. We hold it up together and the crowd goes wild.

When we get off the stage Kaylee and Josh turn to us, "so, maybe we could meet up for coffee or--" I cut her off, "no, toddles." I wave them goodbye with a smile on my face. When they do leave I am attacked by hugs from mom and Rory, "you were great up there sweets." I smile, "thanks mom. Now I have one more thing to worry about. No pressure." Rory nods, "I mean just this on you collage application will get you in, I mean you don't have to win nationals but it would be nice." I laugh, "your right."

I look around and see Luke with flowers, "Luke you didn't have to." He gives me a small smile, "it's nothing really, so when do you think you could be back at the dinner." I shrug, "some time over the summer. I finished my school work, so I only have Miss Patty's." He nods, "just come in whenever." I nod, "will do." I take the flowers from him. I then get hugged by Grandma, Grandpa, Sookie, Jackson, and my friends from the brigade.

When I get home I lay on the bed and my mom comes in, "you good hun?" I groan, "I need to sleep for a year." She kisses my head, "see in a year then hun. I am so proud, night." I hum in thanks and she laughs before leaving my room