Part 59

We got home after the project meeting I gave my mom a kiss before going up to my room. I call Logan, "hey, charming. I said I would call you and I am." He laughs, "hey, look at you I thought you forgot me. So Queeny how's life." I lay on my bed, "same old stuff, me and Paris may now be kind of friends. So how's your life?" He sighs, "I accidently walk in on a business meeting and then I got dragged into it. In other words I think I have just gone braindead."

I smirk, "I'm sure you'll live, you big cry baby. You know what we all need to go out soon, have fun and let loose." He hums in agreement, "yeah we should plan it, also the Jr brigade has not done anything in awhile." I pout "I know, I just have practice and work and textile club. I promise it will happen soon. Night charming." I can see his smirk, "night Queenie." I get changed and go to bed.

The next day after school we had a board meeting at my grandparents house. It went well and we added new ideas and got our marketing strategy down. It was the day of the fair and Rory and Pairs were doing the stand, me on the other hand went to dance practice because the fair was after school. After practice Noah dropped me off home and I went to my room to get ready for dinner, and Rory told me we didn't win and grandpa we devastated by it. (Outfit above.)

We get out the car and Rory is still explaining it to mom, "it was awful. He looked so upset. His face was turning red and he was practically shaking." Mom nods, "did you notice when he gets mad he gets taller? I don't know how but he actually grows! The day I told him I was pregnant -- 24 feet tall." I hit mom in the arm, "Rory's upset here." Mom sighs, "honey, you did nothing wrong. You went to your grandfather who you greatly admire, and actually like hanging out with, to ask for his help. That's lovely and thoughtful."

Rory still looks upset as mom rings the doorbell and she says, "help me out tonight. No mention of work or children or school or retirement." Mom nods, "nothing but politics and religion. Got it." Grandma then opens the door and looks really miserable, "hello, girls. come in, come in. Dinner's almost ready. Richard, the girls are here. Richard? He came home today, didn't say a word, stomped off to his study, slammed the door. And he's been holed up in there ever since. I can't even get him to answer me."

By now we are sitting in the living room and mom asks, "you sure he's still in there? Grandma sighs, "of course. The door's right there. I'd have seen if he came out." Mom sighs, "sorry." Grandma then says, "not everyone leaves this house by climbing out the window." I speak up ,"maybe someone should talk to him." She shakes her head, "I don't know what to do. What an earth happened today?" Rory tells her, "things didn't go very well at the business fair."

"What happened?" Mom then jokes, "10th graders staged a hostile takeover of the 11th graders!" Rory interrupts mom before she can continue, "our project didn't win, grandpa took it badly." Grandma shakes her head, "well, I'm at my wit's end. If that man's going to fall apart over a school project..." Mom defends him, "it's just a weird time for him." Rory looks down, "I feel awful." Mom then suggests, "maybe he should go talk to somebody."

Grandma rolls her eyes, "like whom." Mom leans forward and says, "like a psychiatrist." Grandma looks shocked at the suggestion as she responds, "what?" This not going to end well but mom continues, "maybe it would help." Grandma dismisses the idea, "we do not go to psychiatrists." I was hoping mom would drop it but she doesn't, "mom, there's nothing wrong with getting help." Grandma comes back with, "Lorelai Gilmore, are you seriously suggesting that you father go to a complete stranger and talk about his personal life. The people that do that are disturbed and deviants. People with multiple personalities who see things and hear dogs talking to them and roam the streets talking to themselves and licking parking meters."

Mom tries to stops her, "mom." She keeps on going, "next thing you'll be suggesting I go to a psychiatrist." Mom then mutters to us, "hmm... too many comeback. I cannot pick." Just then a door opens and closes and grandma turns around, "Richard? Is that you?" He walk in and looks perfectly happy, "of course, it's me. Oh, Rory, Chris, you're here. Wonderful! Hello Lorelai." Mom waves, "hey." He claps his hands, "well, I am starving. What's for dinner?"

We start to walk for the table and Grandma sounds annoyed, "'what's for dinner?' What do you mean 'what's for dinner?'" He walks to dinning room and says, "I thought the question was relatively clear, but I'd be glad to rephrase it for you. Uh, what sort of food products will appear on various plates this evening?" He pulls out mine and Rory's chairs before sitting in his own. Grandma say annoyed, "Richard Gilmore, you come home in a huff then you lock yourself in that study all afternoon..."

He interrupts her, "well, I had a lot of thinking to do. A lot of thinking I owe that to you two young ladies." Rory replies, "we're sorry." He shakes his head, "you should certainly not be sorry." Grandma is getting more and more frustrated by the second, "Richard, what-- put that roll down and explain yourself!" He then explains, "this whole week, this experience with the girls and the locker first-aid kit-- that is a damn good idea, by the way, no matter what those yarnheads at that school of yours say-- anyway, This whole week made me realize something. I don't want to be retired. I don't like it. I hate it, as a mater of fact. It's boring. I have absolutely no idea what to do with myself. And frankly, I am tried of trying to find something to fill up my time."

I give him a small smile and ask, "so what're you going to do?" He smiles, "I'm going to work." Grandma then asks, "are you asking for your job back?" He shakes his head, "oh, God, no. No, no, no, no. I have to decided to go into business for myself." Mom says, "wow." Grandma's eyes widen, "what?" Rory nods, "cool." He leans towards us, "it is cool, isn't it?" Grandma asks, "what are you gonna do?" He shrugs, "I don't know yet. Perhaps I'll consult, maybe take on a partner. Maybe I'll even teach. I think 35 years of experience will qualify me to teach a course or two at that local business collage of yours. I am as serious as a heart attack about this."

A/N: Hey guys so I wanted to do a full Friday night dinner and show why I don't normally do one. They take up a whole chapter even if it is on screen for 8 minutes they talk a lot and even on this one I shortened it so the chapter wasn't too long. I promise you more will happen in the next part and is should be up at the same time as this one.

Xoxo Maddie.