IX: Where are you?

Its a new day, a new morning as I opened the curtains and felt the warm sunlight hit my skin. I did all the basics again like bathing, cleaning the bed and etc. I was about to just sit down to a chair near the window when.

Knock knock

Then I felt someone open the door and footsteps coming in.

"Who's there?" Maybe it's Yena unnie since she said that she'd want to spend time with me again.

"It's me" It was Nurse Hitomi, it seems like she brought me breakfast. She putted a table in front of me and placed he food. Then she handed me the utencils "Here ... enjoy your food Yuri!" then I heard footsteps leaving the room. I enjoyed the food and cleaned the table.

I stayed in my position thinking about what to do today. Seems like staying here in my room would be pretty boring. So I had the thought to go to Yena unnie. Her room is the third room after the elevator. It's just a straight hallway so I guess I wont be lost.

I picked up my things and set straight my white cane. The journey to Yena's room seem to be farther than I imagined. When I reached her door I halted and had second thoughts. In the end I just knocked anyways.

I knocked for several times but no answer. But I still had a bit hope and stayed there for a few minutes before giving up. I remembered Yena unnie saying that Wonyoung's room is just right next to hers. Maybe she's there. So I went to the room next to hers and knocked. I knocked a few times before the door suddenly opened.

"What do you want!?" it's Sakura unnie, I guess I went to the wrong room.

"I am looking for Wonyoungs room ... sorry" I didnt get a reply from her but instead she grabbed my wrist and pulled me.

"Here, You're in front of her room now. Next time dont bother me" She let go of my wrist as I heard her footsteps leave.

"Thank you ..." then I heard a bang from her door. I didnt mean to bother her. I just thought that ... nevermind at least i'm in front of Wonyoung's room now. I knocked again for a few times before she suddenly open the door.

"Yuri unnie?? Why are you here?" thank God Sakura unnie guided me to the right room. Or else I would be a bit embarrassed again.

"I was in my room and I thought of visiting Yena unnie but she didnt answer" I had a bit of sadnedd in my tone as Wonyoung welcomed me inside her room.

"Maybe she's in the other patients room, I could help you go there if you want" I was already standing up and looking for the door.

"No its fine and I heard from Yujin yesterday that your busy doing something today. I can handle myself dont worry" She agreed to what I said and helped me through the door and bid me goodbye. How about I go to Hyewon unnie's room. I tried my best to find my way to go to the room next to mine. I knocked again and waited for the other girl to open.

"Yuri? What brings you here?" she welcomed me then guided me to her bed. Im glad that she remembers my name at least I know that I made a memorable introduction. Then I told her about my search for Yena unnie.

"You know i'm not the person you come to at times like this right?" I know what she means and we both laughed it off. She forgets most things so even if Yena came here she would eventually forget.

"I know but since i'm already here. How about I stay? I really dont have anything to do" after what happened yesterday I really dont know what to do since I already met everyone.

"Great! I've been meaning to tell someone this ... I remembered my family!" she was so energetic as she said that she remembered something. I guess being able to forget most things makes you want to tell it to others. "Really? what about them?"

"I have a little brother!" she sounded excited as she explained to me more about her brother. It made me smile that she was so happy remembering her family. "What's he like?"

"I dont really know but I know that he's great since he's my brother" Yujin actually told me yesterday that Hyewon unnie's family visits her. Her brother and parents often visit her at the hospital but she doesnt remember them most of the time. Then she kept on telling me stories about her family. It made me happy knowing that she's happy just remembering them.

Knock knock

"Yuri unnie?" It was Yujin, she asked me why I was here and I explained to her my search for Yena starting from the Sakura incident.

"Really? maybe she went somewhere" I nodded and agreed to what she said. Its not like I need Yena unnie anyways. I just wanted to spend time with her again since she said we would. Then me and Hyewon unnie told her about her remembering her family.

We kept on telling each others stories. We also told ramdom stuff that would eventually make us laugh at our stupidity. Then we suddenly made our way to the topic about love.

"Yuri unnie, did you have a lover before?" I dont want to answer her question so I laughed it off and gave her a question.

"What about you and Wonyoung?" then she became quiet as me and Hyewon unnie would tease her.

We kept on teasing each other and laughing for the whole day. Yujin and I even had lunch and dinner at Hyewon unnie's room.

"Unnie its getting a bit late, I have to go" then I felt her leave the bed and go.

"Yujin, where are you going?" Hyewon unnie asked her a bit like she was teasing.

"Wonyoung" then I heard her close the door and run. Anyways, me and Hyewon continued what we were doing and just laughed everything off.

Staying here with Hyewon unnie has been really great. I love it that I always have someone to talk to. I'm just sad that I never found Yena unnie.