XXVII: Silence

"eat"

she finally spoke. I couldnt process if its real or not. Did she really say that I should eat? "What?"

"I said eat" she said it in almost whispering but enough for me to hear. "What about you?" She shaked her head and removed my hand from hers. I went to the table and started to eat.

I ate quietly while glancing at Yuri every once in a while. All she did was lay at her bed and think. I want to talk to her more. But something is telling me to just keep quiet. I finished the food and left all the plates outside. Then I went back to my previous position. Lying down beside Yuri.

Before I knew it, I slept.

I woke up and looked at Yuri. She was still doing the same thing. I held her hand again to let her know that i'm awake. I dont know what time it is but I'm staying here.

The screaming sound of silence was killing me but I decided to just stay here. Once in a while I would hear her breathing and sighing. But I didnt dare to ask why.

It just happens to be this way now.

[Fast forward]

It's been a week since I started to stay here. But all Yuri did was lay in her bed. She did eat in silence every once in a while but other than that everyday is just the same.

Silence. That's all that I could hear. There would be breathing and knocking from time to time but Silence was ever present.

Ring ring ... Ring ring

I looked for my phone but surprisingly it wasnt ringing.

Ring ring ... ring ring

Then it stopped. So I just ignored the ringing from before and went back to bed.

Ring ring ... ring ring

I looked at my phone but it wasn't ringing.

Ring ... ring

Ring ... ring

I tried to search where it was coming from but I couldn't find it. It stopped again.

Ring ring ... ring ring

Then it's back. Arghh! This is more annoying than the weird and awkward Silence.

Ring ring ... ring ring

I tried to search it once again. But failed.

Ring ring ... ring ring

"Arrggghhhhh! Where is it!?" It's already making me frustrated. I just wanna, I wanna-

"It's in the drawer. Second drawer on the right" I opened the drawer to see the culprit. Hmmm ... 이 시안. I answered the call.

"Oh ... Yuri?"

"Sorry wrong number"

Then I ended the call and turned it mute. I went back to bed and layed there. I took a deep breath and enjoyed the silence. How I like it being just like this.

"You shouldn't have done that" I looked at her side. She was still in her previous position. "Done what? Ended the call? It was a bit annoying"

"your a bit annoying" she is indeed becoming like Sakura unnie. So I know she doesn't mean anything she's saying.

I didnt answer her. But I just remained silent. Why does that caller have to call so early in the morning. I mean it's seven am.

Knock knock

I know Yuri wouldnt open the door, so I stood up to open it.

"Hello! Yena right?" I nodded then tried to close the door but the girl pushed it open. There were four of them infront of me.

"Were here to see Yuri" the other girl smiled as I closed the door.

I went back to the bed to see the exact same Yuri. I know it was a bit mean of me. But if Yul doesnt want to talk to me, why would she talk to them.

"Who was it?"

"It was Na-na ... Nagyung? I'm not sure. And three other people" she rushed to the door as I also went and stopped her from opening it.

"What are you doing?" I still held the door close. "You can't"

"And why?" She just cant talk to them. It's unfair, i've been here with her for a week and the only words she said was 'eat' and 'your annoying'. "Just because"

"Open the door" I still held it close but for some reason her words made me open it. I pushed Yuri behind the door so the others wont see her.

"Hello again!" She gave me a light smile. "Why are you here?" They all just smiled at me. Yuri pulled the door open as the four of them entered. Sigh that was all I could do.

"Yuri, I called you earlier. But someone said wrong number" they all sat in her bed as I lowered my head. "It was her" I knew Yuri was talking about me.

"Yena, it's nice seeing you again" It was the Nagyung girl. They introduced themselves as Yuri kept quiet but rather than laying she was sitting. They kept on talking to her even though she wasnt answering.

Based on their introductions. They're:
* Lee Sian- her friend from school, they've been seatmates for a long time. She's also the culprit for the never ending ringing phone.

* Lee Saerom- Also a friend from school. Since she's older she looks out for Yuri. They hang out pretty often at school. And she looks a bit serious but actually really goofy sometimes.

* Jang Gyuri- Also a friend from School. They're really close. They went together to lots of activities. She practically helps Yuri. She has this crazy smile which just makes me smile as well for some reason.

* Lee Nagyung- Her closest friend from school. They hang out with each other often. She visited here before.

I'm glad that even if Yuri can't see. She still has lots of friends around her.