XLVII: Before the surgery

That was the last day that Yena unnie could be with me. I'm now staying at a room where they're doing everything for me to undergo surgery.

"Yuri, your surgery is in a few days. Are you excited?" Dr. Choi came to the room from time to time. I wanted to ask her what's happening but I guess she still refuses to say. After a few tests again she left the room.

"Baby, our long time dream is finally coming true. I feel so happy" Eomma was crying now. She's right, my dream is finally coming true.

The sky is it blue? They say it changes color everyday. I want to see that happen.

What do you see? Do you see black? It's the same question I get asked in my entire life. No, I dont see black. Because I see nothing.

What's your dream? What do you want to do when your able to see? I ... In the past, I wanted to see the sky and stare at it for hours. But now I want to stare at her orbs. I just want to look at her, be with her. That's my new dream.

"Joyul!" I heard her voice. But I think she was outside, my friends arent allowed to come in. "Dont be nervous, i'll always be here with you!"

It made me smile. She'll always be with me. She'll always be with me. No matter what. I dont have to be nervous, I trust Dr. Choi. Everything will go as planned.

Days passed as my surgery date ia getting closer and closer. I would hear Yena unnie telling me to not be nervous and that she'll always be with me for almost everyday.

"Joyul! I love you. I'll always be here for you" everytime she says that, It makes me calm. The nervousness just goes away.

"Yuri, this is Chaewon! Yena unnie is so happy for you. I wish you could see the excitement on her face" I dont know why but I could hear sobbing. I think she was crying for a bit.

My other friends would go and cheer me up from time to time. I also heard Yujinnie, I'm glad that she's here for my surgery even when she's still grieving after Wonyo's death.

Wonyoung-ah! If your listening to me, I hope you are. Please help me! I'm a bit nervous in having my surgery. It feels surreal, I cant say if this is just a dream or what. Is this all true? Your a bit selfish, you know that!? You said you'll spend all your days with us. But why did you hide? You didnt even tell me!

I wish I spent more time with you. Look at our puppy, she's heart broken. She cried and cried for the whole week. I even heard that she passed out more times than usual. Wonyoung-ah! If your listening, can also stay with me?

"Yuri? Any last wishes before your surgery?" Dr. Choi asked. I dont know why but there was a bit of sadness in her tone. I think she cried a lot that's why her voice is like that.

Last wishes, I do have one but ... I dont know i'm still scared. "I want to be with Yena unnie. Just for 30 min. and then it's done"

I knew that she wouldn't agree if I said that I want to spend the whole night with Yena unnie. It may be absurd but I just miss her so much.

I heard her sigh. It took her a bit longer to answer. "Alright, only for 30 min." I gave her a smile as I heard her left. I think I heard them bickering outside for a while.

I heard footsteps slowly walking towards me. "Yena unnie?" I couldn't stand up because of the wires. But I still heard her come closer to me.

"Quack quack" what? AAHAHAH this makes me remember when we first met. Those were the first words she said to me before pulling me to eat. "Unnie ..."

"Quack quack" I wanted her to hug me so I opened my arms for a bit. She hugged me tightly and I could feel that she missed me so much. By the way she hugged I felt that she cried so much. "Yena unnie, I love you"

She removed herself from the hug. "Joyul! I love you" that was all she said. I heard her take a few steps back. "I cant wait for you to see. Yuri, will you promise me something? ..." I just nodded. "... promise me that you wont be disappointed in me. After the operation you might be disappointed because ... i'm just me. And i'm no one special"

"I will never be disappointed. Why would I be disappointed in someone who is herself? You taught me that even when other people hate you. There will always be one person by your side. I will never ever be disappointed. I love you"

"Joyul! I love you"

Then I heard her leave the room. My heart actually enlightened when she said her last words. Now I feel more ready than ever for the surgery.

Tomorrow is the big day. After that there will be a few more days for resting then ... Boom! I can see now.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... I hope I wont look like an idiot who just saw the sun for the first time. I'm actually ready now. I'll finally see all their faces.