XXXIX: the guy

[Yena's POV]

Tomato? How could I turn into a tomato!? That's just ridiculous!

And who is that guy anyways! I admit I was a little bit jealous with Yuri talking to another person that I don't trust.

Plus, she said that she has something important to do today! And now I see her hanging out with some guy at the hospital. Who knows he might take advantage of Yuri.

"Ahahah ... so you were jealous" I said yes a bit sulkingly. I hate that she's teasing me just like that guy did. "Don't tease!"

"Don't worry unnie!" She hugged me which made me shocked. "I wont make you jealous again. I'll try to not talk to anyone, if that's what you want AHAHAH" I dont know if she's comforting me or still teasing. 'Cause I cant see the difference.

Later on the guy came out with Dr. Choi.

"Yuri, So sorry to make you wait this long. Come in" Yuri said goodbye as she went to the office with mom. I guess I almost forgot that she's also a patient here.

The guy just stood there though. He was staring at me for no reason.

"Stop looking!" He scratched his nape from embarrassment. "Uhh ... yeah. Sorry about that. Would you ... maybe want to ... get some coffee?" I looked at him with disbelief. How could he even ask me like that? I dont even know him. "Don't worry ... my treat! And i'm also sorry for annoying you earlier. Take this as a peace offering"

I dont want to go with him. But Yuri did also say that he was nice. Maybe I should go, I could interrogate him about what he and Yuri talked about.

"You said it's your treat right?" The guy nodded joyfully as I led the way to my favorite cafe.

I led the way because I didn't trust him enough. He may lead me somewhere weird.

"What would you like?" I jusy shrugged and went to sit at a table at the corner. He came back with the vibration bell. And sat next to me.

"You know ... you'd look better with a smile on your face" I gave him a sarcastic smile. As the vibration bell rang, he went to get what he ordered.

"Here" handing me a frappe and a piece of chocolate cake.  "I don't know if you'd like it since you didn't say anything"

"I only came here cause you said it's a peace offering" He smiled at me innocently then ate his food as if he didn't do anything to me earlier. Speaking of do anything, I should ask him questions.

"Why did you talk to Yuri earlier? Do you have any plans on tricking her or anything" He shaked his head.

"We were both just sitting alone, so I thought of talking to her. But I would never do anything to her, she's nice" Ok, he looks like he's not lying so i'll believe him. "Good. You had better been good to her"

"I'm Jihoon by the way. And you're Yena right?" I nodded as he reached out for a handshake.

"Yuri must be really special to have a friend like you" I looked at him weirdly. I didn't get what he was trying to say. "I mean. You. You look really protective with her, plus i've never seen someone get jealous in a cool way"

I didn't know if that was a compliment but I thanked him anyways.

"So ... Do you work at the hospital or something?" He did saw me with a chart earlier. And I did enter the office without knocking, maybe that's where he got the idea. "I just help there sometimes. My mom's the doctor"

"Ohh ... that makes sense!" Of course it does

"So you met Yuri in the hospital since she lives there, right?" I nodded. "I also live in the hospital with them. But my parents go to our house which is also around here" He just kept on saying 'ahhh' and nodding.

"Why do you stay in the hospital? Are you also sick?" I don't know how to answer that. Maybe I am or not, I'm not ready for such a question. "I don't know, maybe."

"It's okay, I understand. It's just too complicated to explain, right?" I nodded. Yuri was right, he is nice. Maybe I was just a bit dramatic when I met him.

We continued to talk and we got to know each other more and more. Jihoon wasnt what I expected at first. But I liked that he kept on being considerate with me. And that she didn't take Yuri for whatever.

"Oh, i've been wanting to show this to someone" he took out his phone. I saw him went to his gallery. He showed me of an amazing picture of a landscape. I think it was taken on the top of a mountain or smth. "I went hiking with my friends and I waited for the sun to set just to take this picture. It's amazing at how the sky has three different colors"

I remembered what Yuri said before that she wanted to see another set of colors brushed into the sky. I promise that i'll show her the sky. "It's beautiful"

"Like you, You're beautiful"

[Yuri's POV]

The Doctor and I went to her office. She said that my operation is getting closer and closer. So I need to prepare.

"I told you before that the eye donor has changed right?" I nodded. Well, I wasn't surprised since Dr. Choi will seem crazy if she'll donate her eyes willingly. "You said that the donor is already tested and you're sure that were compatible"

"Yes, but the truth is she still doesn't know. I'll tell her sooner or later. But you don't have to worry about that" she assured me. I didn't want to pressure the donor in donating her precious eyes to me. I dont want to sound greedy or selfish but I do want to see.

"All you have to do is rest, and enjoy with your friends while your here"