XI: The Garden

[ Yuri's POV ]

Hyewon unnie and I kept talking until it was already late. I bid my goodbyes to her and left. I was about to enter my room when ...

"Yuri?" I heard a familiar voice call me. I faced to the side of the caller.

"Chaewon? is that you?" she was still coughing. She took my hand and pulled me off to the garden (i think). And I was right, we went to the garden as she helped me sit to a chair.

"ahhh ... now I can breathe. How are you?" She asked while still trying to take her breath. "I'm fine, it's nice here you'll make lots of friends"

"Really? Have they been nice to you here?" I nodded to her question. "Almost all of them are really nice"

I heard something move from afar but I ignored it since maybe it was just a cat or something. We started to talk about stuff she likes to do at home. "Ummm ... unnie?" I heard a 'hmmm' coming from her.

"Why dont you stay here at the hospital?" There was a bit of silence. I feel that she's still thinking of what to say. "Can I tell you a secret?" I nodded but she was silent. She wasn't even replying to me.

"You can tell me if you want" she still wasnt replying. I could still feel her sitting beside me. "Chaewon?" It was like she was frozen, Not saying anything. "Ummmm ... you okay?" Maybe she's pulling a prank or something? She still isnt answering. 'What is she doing?' I heard her whisper under her breath. "Is someone there?" She didnt answer. Then I heard the door close. I'm not really sure if it was the door but I think it was.

"Huh? Sorry ... no, there wasn't anyone" then why did she suddenly became quiet. "Then why were you suddenly ..."

"You said you'll listen to my secret right?" She cut me off from what I was saying. But I nodded to her question anyways. "The truth is ..."

What she said didnt really shock me that much. It was understandable but a bit sad. After that she told me that it was time for her to go. So she brought me back to my room, bid goodbye and left.

This day went really great. Hyewon and Chaewon unnie was really nice to talk to. But I still wish I saw Yena unnie today.

[ YENA's POV ]

Ahhh ... what a tiring day. I wish I didn't agree to go. It's not like I dont like them but they're just too much sometimes. Good thing Yuqi's mom gave us dinner or else I would be really hungry while walking alone.

Ring ring ... ring ring She's calling me again.

"What do you want!?"

"Nothing ... I just want to bug you"

"Where are you?"

"I'm already home, you?"

"Still walking ... Hey! Dont forget tomorrow"

"I wont, I'll be meeting your girlfriend Yuri tomorrow right?"

Then I hung up the phone. Why do they keep on teasing me with Yuri. It makes me remember the truth question earlier.

Flashback

"Would you be my girlfriend?" I stood frozen not knowing how to answer her question. I mean I like Yiren but only as a friend.

"Uhhh ... No, I only see you as a friend" then it was awkward. I lowered my head because I dont want to see her reaction. She might get mad at me. But then I heard their laughing noises. They started to laugh at me.

"AHHAHAHAHAHA ... Do you really think that i'd want you to be my girlfriend?" I looked at them confused of what was happening.

"I like you too ... as a friend. We were just teasing" Chaeyeon and Yuqi gave out the loudest laughs. I started hitting them with a pillow.

"Pshh ... why would Yiren like YOU Yena AHAHAHAHA" Yuqi was going through my nerves but I knew she was just joking.

Then Chaeyeon put her arm around me. "Dont worry, we know you already have Yuri"

Then starts the teasing again

End of flashback

I'm almost at the hospital. When I saw a black car parked infront. I knew whose car it was and just walked forward. I was about to enter the hospital but my curiosity got me. So I looked at the car, the owner wasn't there so I was sure she's still inside.

It's a bit late but I really want to visit Yuri's room. I'm sure she's inside by this time, since its late. So I went to the room and knocked. No one was answering so I just opened the door. And to my surprise she wasn't there. She cant be in Hyewon or Yujin's room since all the patients sleep at 8 or 9 o'clock. So I just went back to my room. I still saw the car outside, so I went to the only place I know where the owner couod be. The Garden.

I went up there and I was right she was there. She was with another person as I examined the person. I found out that it was Yuri. When I was sure it was Yuri I showed myself to her at the door.

"Can I tell you a secret?" She looked at Yuri then at the garden. She saw me, I stared at her intensely. She stared back. Yuri was starting to question her but we still stared at each other. I hate her, I really do, why does she have to come back at the hospital. She started to murmur something. Then I left them and went back to my room.

I need to keep Yuri away from her. I hate her, Yuri should never go anywhere with a girl like her. As I still frustrate on my thoughts. I just went to sleep.

Seeing her here again makes me remember what she's done before. I need to protect the others from seeing her.