XXVI: Quiet

[Chaeyeon's POV]

I cant believe that I just confessed at a time like this. I feel my whole body trembling. Yena unnie was looking at me in disbelief. But I cant help it, I just told her the truth. I turned to look at unnie, she was staring at me. But I couldnt get was she was thinking right now.

She stood up and came closer to us. She grabbed Yena's arm and led her to the door. Yena unnie was still in shock. Later on she went to grab my wrist and let me to the door as well.

I turned to look at her. We stared at each others eyes but I still cant seem to understand her. "Leave"

"Unnie ... i'm" I grabbed her arm to make her face me.

"Your what?" She said in a calm voice. Yena unnie was just staring at us.

"I'm sorry for being noisy while you were playing your game" She looked at me surprised. "See you ... After a few days maybe?"

Then I pulled Yena unnie to her room.
"Explain everything."

"I like her unnie. And I just cant help it, I always want to go to her. It's my fault I'm bruised not her. She warned me several times but I still stayed. Please understand" She just nodded and told me to go home.

She's right, I need to explain this to my family so they wont be worried anymore. I bid her goodbye and left.

[Yena's POV]

After Chaeyeon left I layed in my bed and tried to just sleep everything off. But my thoughts keep on roaming around.

Even though Kkura unnie was hurting her, she stayed. She stayed by her side everyday. Without any explanations or any answer she still stayed there. I envy her. How could she stay even just for a friend?

After a few thought clouds I finally slept.

Its morning now but my thoughts were the same as yesterday. She stayed whatever happens.

I ate my breakfast and went straight to the room of the person I want to talk to.

Knock knock

Knock knock

Knock knock

Knock knock knock

She finally opened the door after I knocked for almost 30 minutes. As i've expected she just stood in silence before leaving the door open and returning to her bed. I closed the door and followed her to the bed.

Knock knock

I went to open the door. It was Eunbi unnie and she brought breakfast.

"Oh ... I didn't know that Yuri is allowing visitors ..." I just smiled at her "Here, make her eat okay?" I just nodded as she left. Then I closed the door. I placed the food at the table beside the window and then sat on the bed where Yuri was laying.

She was laying in her bed, her eyes open looking at the ceiling. I bet she's in a deep thought so I didnt dare to disturb her.

I just stared at her for a few minutes. Who knows what she's thinking right now. But I get what Chaeyeon said. That whatever happens she'll stay. The sound of silence is supposedly killing me. But I dont know ... I like it.

I saw her close her eyes and take a deep breath. It was as if she was pushing all her problems away. I didnt dare to speak but I wanted to.

Seeing her like this makes me wonder what she's been doing for the past week. Has she stayed in her room quiet just like today? Or did she become quiet just because of me. I layed down beside her in her bed and sighed.

I also looked at the ceiling, closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then I looked at her, she was still looking at the ceiling. No words coming out from her.

I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep. And I did sleep, when I woke up I looked at Yuri who was still in the same position as before. I looked around to see her breakfast plate replaced with Lunch.

Knock knock

I went outside her room and closed her door. Yujin looked at me surprised for a second.

"Unnie, why were you in Yuri unnie's room?" I told her its nothing then she invited me to her room.

"I actually wanted to ask Yuri unnie about something. I knew she wasnt gonna open the door but I still tried. That's why I was surprised to see you" So it wasnt just me who tried to talk her. The others tried as well. "What is it that you want to ask her? Maybe I can help"

"ummm ... actually it's about HER" I giggled at her face right now. She was a bit anxious saying the word 'her' "you mean Wonyoungie right?" she nodded.

"You know that we ..." she was a bit afraid to say it. "Broke up" I said it for her. "... yeah that. I wanna ask Yuri unnie if 'SHE' said something to her before the ... you know"

"Ahhh ... actually she talked to me about your break up" she looked at me a bit surprised. "Who Yuri unnie?"

"Wonyoung"

"What did she say?" I was a bit hesitant because I might hurt her feelings. "She said that she couldnt understand you anymore. But she said that you're still friends"

"Yeah ... friends" she had a sad tone in her voice. "unnie, could you leave me for now? Let's talk again once I process everything" I just nodded and went back to Yuri's room.

It wasnt locked since Yuri was still in her previous position. Looking up at the ceiling and laying in her bed. I looked at her lunch and it was still untouched. I know she's awake but I still didnt dare to speak up.

I went to the bed, layed beside her and did the same. I closed my eyes just to feel the silence, and it was good. I searched for her hand under the blanket and held it. Looking at the ceiling I cant seem to think about what's in her head right now.

I had the idea to sleep again becuase the silence was pushing me to. So I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. I was about to sleep when my stomach grumbled. I guess i'm hungry. But I still closed my eyes and tried to sleep. The hunger would go away once I sleep.

"eat"