XLV: Real Goodbyes

[Yuri's POV]

Wonyo is gone. One of my best friends is gone. I just cant believe any of this is happening right now. But i'm mostly worried with Yujin. You could hear her crying from miles away.

Yena unnie told me that she'd comfort Yujin and Chaeyeon first. And that she might not come to my room for a days.

Now I realize what Wonyoung has been telling me all along. She said goodbye to me too many times. Now I know what she meant by all those.

Ah! The diary. She told me about her diary, she said that one day she'll leave and she wants someone who loves her get the diary.

I looked for it in the shelf where I placed it. I could give this to Yujin tomorrow at the burial.

The next Day

Everyone went to Wonyoung Burial ceremony. I just sat alone on a seat at the far back. I could hear a lot of gossip and cries from people.

"Yah ... I heard that she died at a young age. Such a waste right?"

"I feel so sorry for the family"

"Why!? Why!? Waaaaa~" sobs

I shaked my head and tried to not listen to the noises. There were a few people who spoke infront to say a few words. Her relatives started first then family and friends. Last to speak was Yujin.

I could feel the nervousness of her voice. I bet she's shaking right now.

"He-hello everyone. I'm Ahn Yujin, Wonyoung's girlfriend" Then people started to whisper about her. "And best friend. I have been with her since the first day we met at the hospital. *cries* All of this is still shocking for me. But we both knew that this day would come. I believe that she's here right now, and she's probably laughing at me for crying *soft giggle* But ... Wonyoung-ah! I know your still looking out for us. I hope that you'll be happier there and I love you *cries*" After her speech I felt someone sit beside me.

"Hey, you alright?" It was Yena unnie. It made me smile that she's here with me right now. So I clung onto her, I missed her so much!!!

"You heard her speech earlier. That mean's we have to spend lots of time together. That's why I'm staying here with you" Then she started to be playful with me. "unnie, you cant do that here"

"Then, let's go home" She stood up and pulled my hand. What!? She's crazy, it's like she's not grieving. "Later" she sat back next to me and just listened to the person speaking in front.

The burial ended and I could hear people already leaving. "Yuri, let's go"

I stood up as she lead me to our friends. Most of them were still crying. I already cried my eyes out last night and I promised Wonyo that I wont grieve if she's gone.

Wonyoung's mother told us that we could go back to the hospital. Yujin decided to stay with her girlfriend's family.

Before we left, I told Yena unnie that I want to talk to Yujin-ie. She lead me to still crying Yujin.

"Yujin-ah, She wanted you to have this. She told me to give it to you when the time comes" I handed her the diary. Which she accepted and then hugged me. "Thank you Yuri unnie"

We bid our goodbyes to her and started to go back to the hospital. "Unnie, where are the others?"

"I told them to go ahead, plus i'm taking you somewhere" I just nodded as I clung on her arm. We continued walking until we reached the place.

"Where are we unnie?" She lead me inside and we went up the elevator. It feels like we're at the hospital. She didn't answer my question and just kept on leading me. I heard her open a room as she guided me inside.

"Welcome to my apartment" apartment? Does this mean she doesnt stay at the hospital? She lead me to a couch. "This place is all mine. I bought it and payed for it with my own money. "

"Then why dont you live here?" If she worked hard for this place why would she stay there. "I like staying at the hospital. When i'm there I get to see you" Ahhhh ... why does it suddenly feel hot in here?

"Psh, liar. You stay there for the free food" She didnt reply I think I caught her off guard.

"This place might not have free food but i'm sure it has a bed" I heard her giggle as she pulled me off somewhere. Then I felt a soft bed next to me, which made me jump in.

"Yahh Joyul, Let's stay in bed today. I'm a bit tired" I nodded. Suddenly I heard soft music playing "it's to set up the mood" I just smiled as we both went to bed.

"Whenever or wherever we are as long as there's a bed. There will always be times like this" She just hummed as I felt her wrap me in for a hug. I guess she really is tired. I might as well sleep with her.

(Yena: Look at her, Just being this close to her makes me happy. I realized that she's finally asleep so I maybe stole a few kisses. I love this little baby, and I would do anything for her to see again.

Don't worry Yuri, I heard that in a few weeks you'll finally be able to see the world again. I'll show you everything I see through my eyes)

I woke up and felt Yena unnie still hugging me. Maybe she's still asleep.

"Joyul? Are you awake?" She said it in a sleep tone. "Yup, why?"

"It's getting late, the nurses might look for us. So we should head back" I nodded as I prepared myself to leave.