XXIX: between the two

[Yuri's POV]

I'm happy that my unnies went to visit me. And they were really considerate of me. I finally have my room just for myself again, how nice. I took a deep breath and went to lie in my bed. I wonder what time is it. It's been a week or two since I knew what the time was.

Later on I found out that I fell asleep. I went to open the window. The air was nice and cool, it seems like it's still dark outside.

I took my cane and started to walk in the hallway. Since it's night I went to the only place i've been to besides the third floor. The Garden.

Finally I felt the glass door as I entered and searched for the bench that I always sit on. I plan to stay here for a few hours or so before locking myself up again.

Everything is just perfect. Me under the dark sky and all I could hear is the wind blowing and my thoughts roaming. I feel so calm and safe.

"Hi" I felt her sit next to me. I didnt plan to speak or even mumble. But i'm okay with her sitting.

"Long time no see" I looked down. Then looked up and closed my eyes.

"You know there's a difference between closing my eyes and opening it, even if i'm not able to see. When I open my eyes people would think i'm normal and that I have to face reality. But when I close my eyes, I can escape from reality. I wouldn't know what time it is nor would I know what's happening around me. It's an escape and its amazing" then I opened my eyes and faced forward.

"You know ..."

"When you close your eyes and try to escape from reality. People who care for you will be worried. They'll look for you but when they finally find you, you're not there" I felt her sit at the other side of the bench. Two of them were sitting beside me.

"Oh, you're here?"

"Cant I be here?"

Since there are two of them. I should just remain silent for now. Or else they might cause a bit of trouble.

"How long has it been since we talked to each other? I missed you unnie"

"You dont have to say that. Its not in your script, you dont have to pretend"

"But i'm not pretending ..."

"Yeah right"

What do they mean by pretending? Chaewon unnie said 'I missed you' that means that they're close. And Yena unnie said something about a script, what script?

"Yena unnie, I dont want a fight. Me and Yuri are just talking here and you interrupted"

"Who says that I want to fight you? I came here cause Yuri's not in her room"

Then I felt her grab my hand. "Let's go!"

"No, i'm staying" then I fixed myself at the bench. She came back and sat next to me. "Then i'll stay. Who knows what this ... person would do to you"

"You know what Yuri, Yena unnie is right. You should go back to your room. It is getting a bit chilly" Yena grabbed my hand again motioning to stand up.

"Yena unnie?-"

"Hmmm?"

"-could you leave me and Chaewon unnie for a few minutes. Just give us at least 15-20 minutes then we'd go back" I could feel that she was a bit hesitant but she gave in and left us.

"You want to talk?" I nodded. I actually dont want to talk to Chaewon since I know that another person would hit me if I do. But I just want to know the truth.

I told her everything that happened to me. Starting from the first to the last time I met with the guy.

"I'm ... i'm ... i'm so sorry. Are you alright now?" I nodded as she was checking my body for remaining bruises.

"I dont have a clue on who that person is. But he said that I ruined his family right?" I nodded again. "I'm so sorry Yuri, I really dont know"

"It's okay. But if you do know something, please tell me" I want to know how Chaewon unnie ruined his family.

"I'll try to think of people who hate me. Well ... the list goes on actually but i'll help you. Don't worry" alright, i'm ok as long as she says she'll try to think of people.

"Ok times up!" Yena unnie grabbed my hand as I bid goodbye to Chaewon. We went back to my room as I went back to silent mode.

[Chaewon's POV]

After they left I still stayed in the garden to think. I feel a little bad though for lying to Yuri. I said that I didn't have a clue but the truth is ... I know the person. I know exactly who he is.

Yup, the list of people who hate my family just goes on. Since our family is in the feild of acting. But when she said that I ruined his family. There's only one person who comes in my mind.

I didnt ruin his family nor did I want to. It was all from my parents. They didnt necessarily ruined it, they just bumped it. Ans the worst thing is ... they used me as their tool.

As I child I just followed my dad's orders. Whether it was good or bad. I'm the only sick person in the house which means they all want me to be better and help with the business. So that's what i'm doing, 'Helping' the family.