XXIV: Worried

[Yena's POV]

Ahhh ... why do I even bother to do this?

"Yena!!! Hurry we're gonna be late!" I ran towards them. I mean who's gonna be late at buying groceries? This girl is extra weird, I only said yes to her because I have nothing to do at the hospital.

Everyone in the hospital has their own problems:
- From what I heard earlier in the hallway. Wonyoung and Yujin broke up. Wonyoung was crying for three days. Yujin was locked up in her room.
- Minju is having trouble because of her Trauma. She's been having panic attacks lately.
- Hyewon is busy remembering about her family. I cant even enter her room anymore.
- Yuri and I are still not talking to each other. From what I heard from Hiichan, she's becoming like Sakura. But less dangerous.
- Sakura is the same as always. But i've heard she has a friend that comes over lately.

These days I just do random activities with my friends. I go from one friend to the other. Yiren and Yuqi are busy right now. And Chaeyeon doesn't seem to call me anymore. So i've been hanging out with my other friends.

"Yoww, Yena. You're a bit spaced out lately. Hurry ... it's right over there. I'll buy you something" Yunjin suddenly pulled me off into the supermarket. I was just following her around. Since I was a little spaced out I know that she's a bit worried about me.

"Hmmm ... show me the list" We were walking around the isles and I was holding the list of things to buy. And I must say that there is a lot, I mean a LOT. I just followed her around and helped her pick the stuff that she was to buy.

"Don't worry, you're invited to the party" I was looking a bit bummed out. But it wasn't because of the shopping. I just had an idea about what I did last week. I smiled at her then we continued with out shopping journey.

I looked down as we were walking. I wasnt really paying attention to anything. Yunjin told me to wait here as she'd forgot something from the other isle. I just walked back and forth and back and forth then I bumped into someone. I looked up and to my surprise I saw a familiar face.

"Oh, Yena unnie!" I smiled at her.

"You buying something?" She nodded then showed me her basket full of ingredients for cooking. "Chaeyeon, annyeong!" Yunjin popped out of nowhere and greeted her.

"It's Chaeryeong, Chaeyeon's sister" Yunjin scratched her head as the other girl just laughed.

"Uhh unnie, can I ask you something?" She was looking at me a bit serious. Yunjin gave me a questioning look as I just shaked my head and told her I dont know. "Sure, what is it?"

"It's about Chaeyeon unnie ..." Chaeyeon? I havent heard about her since the time I called her about Yuri. She seems a bit busy lately, she doesn't even answer my calls. "What about her?"

"... do you know where her bruises came from?" I shaked my head "She's been coming home with lots of bruises in her body and she doesnt tell us anything" she sounds really worried about her sister.

"Mom and Dad are already worried. Chaemin and I tried to talk to her but she says it's nothing" What has Chaeyeon been up to lately!? Bruised? Does this have to do something about Yuri's bruises? I just dont know anymore.

"Unnie are you sure you dont know anything?" I nodded and looked at her sincerely. I saw her sigh and look down. Yunjin was confused of the sudden events. "But she said that she was with you at the hospital" she whispered it but enough for me to hear.

"I haven't seen her for days but I called her last week and she said that her body was aching" Chaeryeong just nodded. How could Chaeyeon lie to her family about this. I just have to talk to her, and why did she say that she was with me!?

"Don't worry i'll try to talk to her" she then smiled then we bid each other goodbye. After Chaeryeong left Yunjin gave me a questioning look but I told her to just continue with our shopping.

"Woahhh ... what happened to Chaeyeon?" We were still looking for a few things before finally completing the list. "I dont know"

"Chaeryeong looked so worried about her sister ... you should talk to Chaeyeon" I just nodded as I kept on following her around.

"You have a lot of problems with Chae's dont you?" I looked at her questioning but we still kept on walking.
"What do you mean?"

"I mean Chaeryeong, Chaeyeon and Chaewon" I just rolled my eyes. "Shut up" We're already done with the shopping and went to the counter.

"Oh, remember when you and Chaewon would use to-"
"I said shut up!" Why does she have to say that name again.

"Why? You and Chaewon were super close before" I gave her a glare as she finally shut up. Me and Chaewon are already in the past. I dont wanna remember anything about her anymore.

We finally finished shopping but I couldnt let go of the thought about Chaeyeon. I know she's not telling me something. Maybe she's in danger? Why is everyone around me becoming bruised? Its making me more and more worried.

"Yena, Thanks for helping me. I'll give you an invitation once the plan's all settled ... so I guess i'll go now" I nodded and we bid each other goodbye.

I went straight back to the hospital and layed in my bed. I took a big sigh and closed my eyes. What is happening?

I need to get to the bottom of this. Yuri and Chaeyeon's bruised case might be connected. It makes me really worried. I need to talk to them, for sure Chaeyeon would talk to me but I dont know about Yuri.

I left my room and went straight to Yuri's. I was outside her door but I was hesitant to knock. I understand if it might be awkward between us. But that isnt the case right now.

Knock knock "YURI!!?"

Knock knock "Yuri?"

Knock knock "I know that your listening to me right now, Open the door!"She still wasnt responding.

I kept on knocking the door but no one was responding. I didnt stop knocking until she opened the door. It took me almost half an hour before she opened.

Her bruises were still there but it looked as if it was already healing. She was emotionless but I was glad she opened the door.

"We need to talk" I grabbed her hand but she didnt move. She just stood still in silence.

She removed my hand and went back to her bed. Leaving me and the door open. I closed the door in frustration and went back to my room.