XXXII: Memories [1/2]

[Minju's POV]

I ran downstairs. After hearing what Yuri said, I exactly know where she is. It's the place where she goes to think. I know where to find her but ... that means I have to go out of the hospital. *taking a deep breath. I can do this, I can do this. No one will harm me, i'm safe. Hyewon will be there, I have to be quick.

Good thing i'm wearing an over sized hoodie and track pants. I pulled my hood up, looked down and started walking outside the hospital. I didnt dare to look up and just followed the road to the park. I arrived there safely, so I looked around for any sign of Hyewon unnie. But since the park is quite big it may be a little hard to find her.

It's been 20 minutes since I started looking but there were no signs of her. So I decided to sit down on a bench. Where could I find her? I checked the pond and even the ice cream stall. How about the- someone just tapped my shoulder. I became frozen. Honesty I dont want to look who the person is. So I just sat frozen like a statue.

"Ummm ... miss? Are you looking for something? 'Cause you've been running back and forth until you became tired" It was a man's voice. He sounded like he was in his mid-20's. I just looked down and didnt look at him. My heart suddenly started beating faster and it made it difficult for me to breathe.

"Are you okay!?" I still looked down. I tried to just ignore him.

It's okay, you're okay. He's not gonna hurt you
How do you know that!? He might be doing something

"Uhhh ... miss? What's happening? Your hyper ventilating"

Should I run? I cant move. It's harder to breathe
Your not safe, not safe

Come here ... I'm not gonna hurt you. "No please no!"
"What's happening!? Try to calm down"

Come here ... I'm not gonna hurt you.

We'll just play, You like playing right?

I'll buy you a new toy later. Anything you want ... just come here.

No, no. I dont want to!

It'll be our little secret.

Don't you trust me? We're friends right?

Just come and join me play

He grabbed my hand and locked the room.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" My heart wouldnt stop beating. Why cant I just forget that!
"I'm sorry ... did I do something? Alright i'll ask for help wait here"

Wait here ... while I just do something okay?

Be a good girl and wait for me

We'll play and enjoy

It'll be our little secret.

"Oh!? Minju?" Then she wrapped me around for a hug. I hugged her back and tears just flowed endlessly. "Don't worry, your safe. I'm here" she patted my back as I started to calm down.

"Wheww ... you know each other?" Hyewon unnie nodded. "Good, your friend was looking for you. And when I asked her earlier she started hyper ventilating. I dont know what happened really, and if I did something. I'm sorry an-"

"No it's fine. She's just having a panic attack. Thank you for staying by her ... here I just bought this drink but you can have it" I finally calmed down as the guy bid us goodbye. I could have say that rather than I found Hyewon unnie, she found me.

"Unnie, why did you leave the hospital?" I looked at her as she just looked calm and helped me wipe my tears. "I dont remember. I went out then forgot the way back"

"Then why did Yuri say that you want to meet your family? That's just bogus. I bet you went outside to think and have fresh air" I still had my hood up, I dont really feel safe outside but with Hyewon unnie here. I'm okay. "You might be right" then she nodded slowly.

"Why did you lie to her? The Hyewon unnie that I know would never forget her family" She might forget lots of stuff but her family? Never. All I know is that when she forgets, she lies. It's a habit that I couldnt get out of her.

Minju-yah when my eomma comes here i'll invite you. She's a great cook.

I have short term memory loss. Short term.

"I think I went to her and forgot. That's why I just lied" My memory helps me remember everything. So there's no word that I forget. "You said you'd stop lying!"

"Well ... you should stop too!" I gave her a questioning look. "What? Don't tell me your really scared of houses"

"Oh? You remember that?" She usually doesnt remember anything that's not really important. "Of course I do"

Flashback: 2 years ago

"H-hi" A pretty girl came up to me with a small smile. It's been a week since I stayed in the hospital. I dont ever want to leave again. My parents visiting me is good enough. "Hello!"

"Would you like to come to my room? It's my first day staying here" I nodded as I followed her to her room. I guess all rooms here are just similar.

"Hello I'm Kang Hyewon and you are?"  She seems really nice. And I like it that I could have a friend here. "Minju. Kim Minju"

"We haven't met right?" I nodded. "Good, that's a relief"

"Why?" Maybe she's hiding something from her past. Or maybe ... Idk.

"I forget lots of things and it just gets embarrassing if I repeat words all the time" she is right. Normal people just forget lots of stuff. I'm really jealous. "I'm jealous. I hope I could be like you"

"What!? Be like me? Don't dream on it, it's hard" she said those words a bit jokingly which made us both laugh.

"Well ... I'm not like you. I remember everything, and when I say everything. I mean EVERYTHING!" Her eyeswidened and she told me that what I have is really cool.

"But ... Why did you get admitted at the hospital?"