C.1

12 years ago

a little girl quickly ran to one of the house's room locking herself in it. the night seemed too dark today and more windy. it was raining with thunders and lightning flashed through the small window in her room.

her breaths was getting uncontrable- she quickly ran inside a closet hiding behind all of the clothes in there. she closed her mouth her hands trembling. sweat trickled down her forehead.

"yoonhwa? where are you?" she was getting scared when the voice sounded just right in front of the room she was in.

"why did you run away? do i have to remind you who saved your ass in the streets two years ago? you're being ungrateful. all you have to do is stay put!" she pushed herself more further inside the cramp closet.

the sound of knife scrape on the door was creeping her out more. her eyes then moved to where her right arm was. there was a very long scar. she knew she had to get out of there as soon as possible.

but she have nowhere to go. she don't know where her real brother is. she missed him

her shoulders flinched when there was a banging on the door and it was slammed open. her eyes widened and she tried not to make any noise.

"father! father you don't have to do this!" another boy's voice was heard. "do not interfere hwiyoung!" she could see from a very small hole- the father pushing the little boy to the ground.

hwiyoung- her only friend in the house. he was the first one who saw her that night. the night where she was abandoned. he was kind and all but the father.

he's none other than an abusive demon. when he's mad he would always take it out on her. especially when he's drunk. that's when she got that long scar.

"father! she's just a child like me! you can not do this!" there was a very long silence after that. yoonhwa let out a sigh of relief but it was too soon.

she was pulled out from the closet. the old man holding her by her hair. she screamed hoping for someone to help her but no one did. even hwiyoung couldn't do anything. the little girl squirmed in his grasp- her eyes caught a shiny object on the floor.

she bit his hand and when he let go she quickly went to grab that object and throw it at the man. she didn't know how much force she threw it towards him but it stabbed his leg.

not wanting to see any blood she got up and rushed out to the main door. ignoring the rain she ran out of the house and the feeling of freedom engulfed her.

the tears that she was holding fell down her cheeks. "i'm free.." she muttered and panted for air when she know she's far from the house she was in.

she was cold and no one was around. she began to cough and her vision were getting blurry. her small body fell limp to the side. the rain pouring on her.

▽▽▽

present time

"yoonhwa.. yoonhwa you need to eat" she groaned and turned to the side covering her ear with the pillow. there was a knock on the door.

"you stayed up all night?" the voice sounded just right beside her. "hey.. is it hurting you again?" someone shook her shoulder.

"i'm fine, brother" she sat up facing him. jung yoonoh- her brother.

he said they got separated when they were a child. yoonoh got adopted by other foster parents that leaves her alone. she ran away from the homecare and met hwiyoung's father. long story short their parents found her lying on the streets. but after the incident, her heart has gotten weaker.

"let's eat. then visit mom and dad" he patted her head his eyes had that sad look. she fiddled with her finger and slowly nodded.

both of their parents passed away last year. "what did you cook?" she asked smiling brightly at him. he laughed seeing how cute his sister is. "your favourite"

"pasta?" yoonhwa got up running downstairs leaving her brother there. he shook his head and an amused laugh escaped his lips.

"we're going to visit mom and dad right?"

"don't talk with your mouth full, yoonhwa"

"can we go and buy some food along the way?" she asked ignoring what her brother said.

he sighed and shook his head. "i think i can't, yoonhwa. i have something to do later. and how many times do i have to tell you do not talk while you're eating" yoonhwa rolled her eyes.

"yes ma'am"

the place wasn't too far. a few blocks from their house. the breeze was a bit chilly. when they arrived yoonhwa placed some flowers on both of their parent's graves.

her brother held her hand and squeezed it. glancing towards him she nodded her head- her lips made me straight thin line.

she suddenly clutched her chest when her heart was starting to pain her. "yoonhwa? you're okay?" she slowly nodded her head both of her eyes closed.

"is it getting worse?"

"i can bear with it" he bit his lower lip and embraced his only sister. "you're going to be okay" he mumbled.

yoonhwa smiled slowly nodding her head. "of course! i have you with me"

 "of course! i have you with me"