Chapter 1

"Louis! Babe! Can you get me some shampoo?" My girlfriend, Jessica yelled from the shower.
"Yeah I'll be right there!" I yelled back, pausing the DVR. I went to the bathroom and got some shampoo from under the sink. I opened the shower curtain and smirked as I handed it to her. She pushed me away and closed the curtain. "Thanks!" She yelled as I exited the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and smiled as I walked back to the living room. I un-paused the DVR and continued watching football re-runs.

I lived in a nice little flat with my girlfriend. We were together for a little over 3 years. I went to college, at Manchester Uni. Jessica didn't go to college, she's planned to go the next year, but she had a job on the side. I worked at Pizza Hut as a pizza deliverer. It's how me and her paid for our place. "Lou I'm gonna go to bed now! You should too since you have college tomorrow!" Jessica yelled from the bedroom. I turned off the TV and walked to our bedroom. I took off my shirt and jeans, which just left me in my boxers. I got in bed with Jessica and wrapped my arms around her torso. "Goodnight, I love you." I whispered in her ear.
"I love you too." she whispered back. Then I went to sleep.
.
.
.
.
The next morning, I woke up to my alarm. Jessica was already up so I got dressed. I went to the kitchen and saw Jessica, still in her pajamas, on her laptop like she always was. "Good morning beautiful." I said kissing the side of her head. She didn't reply as she continued to look at the screen. I rolled my eyes and prepared myself some cereal. As I was eating it I peered at her laptop screen to see what she was doing; she was on Facebook, looking at someone's profile. When I finished eating, I put my bowl in the sink and grabbed my backpack. I headed to the door and said, "Bye babe I love you." She didn't reply. "Babe." I repeated.
"I love you too." she said, still looking at the screen. I shrugged and headed off to school.