C.16

"jung yoonhwa!" she closed the lockers after getting some books and turned to see her best friend running in full speed towards her. crashing her body against yoonhwa causing her to stumble backwards a bit.

"you little- why didn't you texted me? or tell me something? i literally thought you were dead!" yuju glared her before she pouted. "i was worried!"

"i'm okay. i just.. need some time alone" yoonhwa mumbled. "so any new news i need to catch up on?" she quickly changed the subject.

yuju tapped her chin as if she was thinking real hard. "well we have a new math teacher which i don't think you cared.. then there's your fanboys asking where you were" her cheeks flushed red as she slapped yuju's arm.

"i do not.."

"yeah yeah princess.. oh and also just the fact that haechan was absent the whole week like you. wait- wait a minute. the day.. when the store was attacked" she eyed the purple haired girl before continuing:

"why did haechan, that ruthless mafia leader came to be your knight in shining armour?" yoonhwa's eyebrow furrowed. "huh?"

"one thing for sure i'm absolutely fine i'm not crazy! i saw him.."

"jung yoonhwa" a voice interrupted. she spun her heels around nearly bumped against someone's chest. she took a step back before raising her head upwards.

"hey! it's yoonhwa" another cheerful voice said. she instantly smile seeing jaemin popped out of nowhere from haechan's back.

"i don't think a smart student like you wouldn't dare to miss a class. don't you?" haechan's eyes stared down into her. she was almost drown in his dark brown orbs until she shook her head mentally slapping herself.

"um.. yuju, i'll meet you at recess okay?" yoonhwa smiled before she went away with haechan and jaemin trailing from behind.

▽▽▽

the calm sound of rain made her eyes to closed slightly. she pinched her cheeks hoping for the sleepiness to disappear. it was already their last class but it felt like ages.

she scribbled some cartoons on her notebook as the teacher explained some stuffs. she already knew it since she studied in advance before the class starts.

her eyes then flickered towards the closed window beside her watching as the droplets of water streaming down. just then she remembered something.

she didn't bring an umbrella. a soft sigh escaped her lips. no wonder jaehyun told her to bring one earlier. that's what you get when you don't do what your older brother told you to.

"all right. i want you to send me your homework on monday. get home safe everyone. class dismiss" the teacher said as he gathered all his things and went out of the class.

"i'm going first. we had some things to do" she heard jaemin said to haechan. "good bye, yoonhwa" the latter waved giving her his usual bright smile. yoonhwa grabbed her bag and just went out of the class after she bid goodbye to her other classmates.

she stopped few feet away taking cover under the roof. her eyes wandering around seeing the other students began to walk home. some even didn't care about the rain.

yoonhwa extended her arm out to the rain letting the raindrop to fall on her palm. a small smile appeared. before she could took a step forward someone pulled her away.

"don't tell me you're going to just walk into the rain?" the familiar voice made her to turned her head towards it. "hae-"

she used her right hand to clutch her chest when there was suddenly a sharp pain. her eyes squeezed shut when it was throbbing.

"are you okay?" yoonhwa moved away looking pained. "d-don't touch me.." she breathed. the pain slowly subsided and she let out a sigh of relief.

"this is why you should worry about yourself" he muttered before he threw something and she had to quickly catch it. "an umbrella?"

"well yeah? what do you think i'll give you a surfboard?" he replied sarcastically rolling his eyes. "you'll get sick. and i don't want to be blamed by your brother if anything happened to you especially with your condition"

yoonhwa didn't know what to say. haechan was actually being kind towards her. she bit her lower lip before shoving the umbrella on his chest.

"no.. you use it- you're a gang leader. and.. and someone important in nct. you're the one who can't be sick" she muttered giving him a small smile.

haechan went to grab her wrist- quickly pulling her towards him as he opened the umbrella. "i'm not allowing you to get sick. it's an order" he said as both of them began walking.

"someone important-" he scoffs "everyone in this world is important. no one is a nobody. and also if something happens to you your brother would've murdered me first" haechan rolled his eyes.

"you- have feelings?" she murmured but because of the rain he didn't quite heard it. "what?"

"when will you let my hand go?" she asked looking up at him. haechan cleared his throat and let her hand go before stuffing his hand into his pocket. the tips of his ears slowly turning red.

"that's probably johnny" he stated mentioning the black bmw parked near their school entrance.

"you know.. haechan" she started. "what?" his eyes gaze down at her who was smiling at him. his heart did something weird.

"you're actually nice"