We Need to Talk

I woke up in a bed that wasn't mine. Oh yeah I'm at Thomas's house. I must be in his guest bedroom, but that doesn't explain the weird feeling at my side. I felt like a person. I looked over to see Thomas, his arms wrapped around my waist. 

"THOMAS!" I exclaimed. Thomas quickly shot up. 

"Y/n what's wrong?" He asked. 

"Nothing, I just wasn't expecting to see you right there," I confessed. My cheeks were a bright pink. Thomas put my cheek in his hand as he ran his thumb across my face. 

"Sorry love, last night you fell asleep while I was reading Romeo and Juliet to you and I carried you to bed," he said. 

"Sorry Thomas I just forgot you were there," I said. 

"No it's ok kitten. Let me make pancakes and then we should get dressed and head to work." Thomas got up and walked downstairs. I slowly followed. Thomas didn't even look up when I came down the stairs. It was like he went to a different dimension when he was cooking. And that dimension was the pancake dimension. 

"Y/n would you like tea or coffee?" He asked, plating the first pancake and handing it to me. 

"Tea please," I said. 

"Alright then I'm drinking coffee alone," he said with a laugh. 

"I thought you had a glass of wine with breakfast every morning," I said. 

"I usually do, but after the incident I decided that may not be the wisest of ideas." Thomas quickly served up his pancakes and our drinks. Thomas and I were talking about funny things until "Y/n there is something you need to know, about my deceased wife." 

"Thomas it's okay, my dad told me," I said. Thomas grabbed my hand. 

"Did he tell you it was my fault?" He asked. I shook my head, "A robber broke into our house. He held a gun to her head and demanded all of our money and jewelry. I tried to load my gun, but I couldn't do it in time. He shot her and took her jewelry. Then he left. The police never caught him." 

"Thomas that's awful, but it's not your fault," I said. Thomas just continued to eat. When I was done I got up and got dressed in a lavender dress. I thought Thomas might like it.

 I thought Thomas might like it

A/n that's the dress

I walked into his bedroom to see Thomas stuffing a pistol in his inner jacket pocket of his magenta coat. 

"Thomas what are you doing?" I asked. He walked up to me and put my hands in his. 

"Y/n I refuse to lose you, and if that means I have to carry a pistol I will," He said before kissing me. We walked downstairs, but before we could go Thomas pulled something off of his bookshelf and handed it to me. 

"Since we are reading Romeo and Juliet together, I thought you might want some other Shakespeare to read," Thomas said with a smile. 

"Macbeth, this should be interesting since I've only read it once," I said. Thomas smiled as he helped me into the carriage. I could felt myself getting more and more anxious as we approached the office. 

"Y/n it will be okay, I will make sure he doesn't hurt you," He said as the carriage pulled up to the office. Thomas helped me out of the carriage. I straightened my back so I looked more imposing. Thomas grasped my hand and we walked into the office and down the hall to his. Luckily his office was the first so we didn't have to walk past my fathers. I nestled myself down on the purple fluffy couch in the corner of his office. I began reading Macbeth, I forgot how good this book was. That was when there was a knock on the door. 

"Who is it?" Thomas yelled. 

"It's Alexander, can I come in?" He asked. 

"Yes," Thomas said, dipping his quill back in the inkwell. Alexander walked in, his green coat tails trailing behind him as he closed the door. 

"How are my two lovebirds?" He asked sitting in a chair across from Thomas. Alex looked exhausted, more exhausted than usual. When he wore his glasses that meant he was exhausted. Thomas refused to look up from his work, he was probably writing an essay on why Alexander's debt plan was stupid. 

"We're good, how did dinner with my dad go?" I asked. Alexander put his head in his hands. 

"As awful as it could of gone," he said. 

"Oh please do," Thomas said with a smirk, finally looking up from his work. 

"Well George was already half drunk when he showed up, he kept messing up my kids names and didn't which was which when he has met my kids hundreds of times, he hit on my maid, he vomited on my carpet which Eliza and my maid had to cleanup, then before bed he told my kids a ghost story which terrified them so I had to spend an hour trying to calm they down so they could go to sleep. Oh and then after Eliza went to sleep I had a nice, long talk with him about your relationship," Alexander said. 

"Did you tell him we are courting?" Thomas asked. Alex shook his head. 

"WHAT!" A voice boomed. I looked up to see my father, "Y/n we need to talk, and right now in my office." 

Well shit I'm in trouble.