Chandelier

We turned around to see one of Thomas's diplomat friends on the ground, a bullet hole in his leg. Lafayette rushed to his side and began to apply pressure to the wound. 

"Is anyone here a doctor!" He yelled. Thomas and I saw who shot the gun. It was Finley, a pistol in his hand and a smirk on his face. Thomas stood in front of me, as if to protect me. 

"Thomas, give me Y/n or the next shot will be deadly," he said. 

"No!" Thomas shouted. Alexander also ran up, and protected my back. Then my father and Eliza ran up to protect my sides. I was in a circle of protection. 

"Thomas you don't love her, you could never protect her! I on the other hand will protect her. We will have a happy life with lots of children!" Finley shouted. 

"Y/n should only have children if she wants, women aren't baby machines," Thomas replied. 

"Whatever you say Thomas," Finley said. 

"Finley put the gun down, now!" My father yelled. 

"Give me your daughter and I will," Finley smirked. 

"She is not a prize to be won!" Alexander yelled. 

"Oh yes she is, now Y/n come here before I shoot Thomas," Finley said, pointing his gun at Thomas. I quickly pushed pass Thomas. 

"Finley, please don't do this, I'll come with you, just don't hurt Thomas," I begged. 

"Take off the ring," Finley demanded. I shook my head. Thomas grabbed me again a pulled me behind him. 

"She will never be yours Finley, you are a lying rapist," Alexander spat. He walked closer to Finley. 

"Alex, don't!" Eliza shouted. Alexander continued to walk closer and taunted Finley, "you're a short, pathetic excuse of a man. No man would treat a woman with such disrespect. No man rapes, burglarizes and attempts to murder women. You deserve to rot in hell!" Alex was inches away from Finley, that's when the gun fired again. Before I knew it, there was a loud crash, a scream and the world around me went black. 

~Time Skip~

I woke up in Thomas's bed, he was grasping my hand and mumbling something "Oh Father who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us of our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory for ever and ever amen." It was the lords prayer. Thomas never prayed. He wasn't a very religious man. (A/n in real life Thomas Jefferson wasn't a very religious man, but he was Christian.)

"Tommy," I managed to spit out. Thomas quickly shot up from the floor where he was sitting. 

"Thank the lord, Y/n you're awake. I was so worried about you!" He exclaimed. He quickly pulled me into a tight kiss. 

"Why were you praying? You never pray," I asked. 

"You weren't waking up and I thought praying couldn't due any harm in trying to wake you up," he said. 

"How long was I out?" I asked. 

"About 26 hours," he said. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

~Flash back Thomas's POV~

"You're a short, pathetic excuse of a man. No man would treat a woman with such disrespect. No man rapes, burglarizes and attempts to murder women. You deserve to rot in hell!" Alex yelled, approaching Finley. Finley cocked his gun, and pulled the trigger, but Alexander was quick on his feet. He grabbed Finley's arm and aim it towards the sky before the gun could fire, causing the bullet to hit the chandelier. That's when the chandelier began to fall. 

"Look out!" Lafayette yelled. I quickly jumped out of the way, but Y/n was frozen in fear. As the chandelier came crashing down, it hit Y/n. 

"Y/n!" I yelled. I rushed to her side. She was knocked out, but she wasn't dead. I began to shake her. 

"Y/n, my kitten, please, please wake up!" I yelled. That's when I heard Eliza scream. I turned around. Alexander was directly under the chandelier, his head and his leg were bleeding severely. Eliza was screaming hysterically. Her sister Angelica, was holding her in her arms. 

"SOMEONE GO TO TOWN AND GET DOCTORS!" George bellowed. A couple men ran out of the door and onto their horses. 

"Where is Finley?" I asked. George and Lafayette scanned the room. Finley was gone. Lafayette then ran to my side as George tended to Alexander. 

"Thomas, Y/n is fine, she might just have a concussion. If anything she is in shook," Lafayette said. I ran to Alexander's side, Eliza was being pulled of his bleeding body by George, her blue dress stained with the blood coming out the side of his head. 

"Alexander I may hate your guts, but please wake up!" I pleaded. That's when the doctors came in. There was about 6 of them. Two ran to the man shot in his leg, one ran to Y/n and the rest ran to Alexander. 

"Secretary Jefferson, do you some spare rooms we could use for surgery?" They asked as they picked up Alexander. 

"Yes, up the stairs and to the left," I said. They picked up Alexander and the other man and carried them to the bedrooms. The other doctor approached me and George. 

"Ms. Washington will be fine. It appears she has a concussion and she is currently in a state of shook. She will wake up in a day or so, just keep her in bed and when she wakes up keep her in bed for another week or so," he said before running up the stairs to help with the surgery. 

~End of flash back Y/n's POV~

"Is Alexander okay?" I asked. 

"He's fine. He has a concussion and a broken leg, but Eliza has already taken his back to New York," Thomas said, stroking my hair. 

"Where is my dad?" I asked. 

"He has joined on the man hunt for Finley, he just disappeared," Thomas said. 

"And the man who he shot in the leg?" I asked. 

"He is fine as well and is back at home," Thomas said. I looked down at the ring on my finger, "so it wasn't just a dream." Thomas laughed. 

"No mon amour, I did propose to you last night. I love you so much," He said, tears were falling down his face. 

"Je t'aime aussi Tommy (I love you too Tommy)."